Couch man and fegais

Johnnyanthony

SGI Junior League
Can someone please tell me why the couchman brothers or the fegai brothers haven’t been used yet this year?

I’m sure with the amount of older players and how easily they fatigue in second halves we could use some young hungry players.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Can someone please tell me why the couchman brothers or the fegai brothers haven’t been used yet this year?

I’m sure with the amount of older players and how easily they fatigue in second halves we could use some young hungry players.
Welcome to the club in regard to the Couchmans. No one seems to have any idea except Flanno.

Eric

Staff

I've been losing my mind over the Couchmans not getting selected all year.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I've been losing my mind over the Couchmans not getting selected all year.
Flanno is so stubborn. At this stage, he probably wants them to play badly so he can say, "I told you they weren't ready." And they will only get one chance. If they have a bad game, they'll be off to the NSW Cup for the rest of the year and first half of next year.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Flanno is so stubborn. At this stage, he probably wants them to play badly so he can say, "I told you they weren't ready." And they will only get one chance. If they have a bad game, they'll be off to the NSW Cup for the rest of the year and first half of next year.
This week need to find replacements for Sele and Su'A. Mike Molo and BMM will be it.

Eric

Staff
My mind is scrambled following this mob ..........
At least now they have a chance. But if they mess up like Eisenhuth last week and RFM or BMM a few times, I think Flanno will banish them for the rest of the year and by the end of the year, they'll be looking for an early release. So then Flanno can go ahead and recruit Aaron Woods or maybe now Jason Taumalolo seems on the verge of being dropped back to Q Cup, Flanno will want to ship off the Couchmans and take over Taumalolo's million $ a year contract.

He (Flanno) has form on the board. Eisenhuth, RFM and his son were all on the NRL scrapheap. 3 such players signed in half a year! Then consider we already have BMM and Russell on the books. JDB is a first rate forward still but how much f*cking experiance does a pack need?

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
At least now they have a chance. But if they mess up like Eisenhuth last week and RFM or BMM a few times, I think Flanno will banish them for the rest of the year and by the end of the year, they'll be looking for an early release. So then Flanno can go ahead and recruit Aaron Woods or maybe now Jason Taumalolo seems on the verge of being dropped back to Q Cup, Flanno will want to ship off the Couchmans and take over Taumalolo's million $ a year contract.

He (Flanno) has form on the board. Eisenhuth, RFM and his son were all on the NRL scrapheap. 3 such players signed in half a year! Then consider we already have BMM and Russell on the books. JDB is a first rate forward still but how much f*cking experiance does a pack need?
Lawrie, Molo's, Leilua, Sele, Su'A have all been around for a while as well. JDB the senior, those 5 and a bunch of young players seems like a pretty good balance. Shouldn't have signed Eisenhuth or RFM.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg

Mate to be totally honest , I am slowly losing interest with this club ........ Been waiting for years for something to improve ......... Not sure whats going on , is it Flanno like Hook have they got their hands tied and others are calling the shots ? Not sure but it needs to change fast .......

Eric

Staff
Mate to be totally honest , I am slowly losing interest with this club ........ Been waiting for years for something to improve ......... Not sure whats going on , is it Flanno like Hook have they got their hands tied and others are calling the shots ? Not sure but it needs to change fast .......
It seems to me like every coach since Bennett has put a lot more value on being competitive in the short term than being a serious premiership force in the long term. Like they are thinking, "Why should I build a strong team for the long term only for my successor to get the benefits?"

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
It's been hard going for a long time.
It seems to me like every coach since Bennett has put a lot more value on being competitive in the short term than being a serious premiership force in the long term. Like they are thinking, "Why should I build a strong team for the long term only for my successor to get the benefits?"
Seems about right.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
the Couchmans 2 outstanding forwards
If we retain both Toby and Ryan, in a couple of years we are going to be spoilt for choice with the promotion to top grade of our current crop of outstanding junior forwards. Problem is there is no room for all of them, the dam will have to spill somewhere.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
If we retain both Toby and Ryan, in a couple of years we are going to be spoilt for choice with the promotion to top grade of our current crop of outstanding junior forwards. Problem is there is no room for all of them, the dam will have to spill somewhere.
Just as long as these two are kept. Might not have the impact of the Payne Haas but get through a lot of high quality work. 2 forwards a forward pack can be built around.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
The Couchman's are only 20.5yrs old still.. and are really dominating NSW Cup on a consistent basis.. thats impressive.. we dont seem to have any 18-21yr old kids coming through and thriving.. especially forwards, JDB, Host, Ford, Sele etc.. they took forever.. these guys seem the exception.

I sometimes wonder.. watching the dogs smaller pack do well in this new faster game.. or a Cotter.. maybe in the right structure these kids could really be something.. but im still thinking they probably need some big boppers along side...

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
The Couchman's are only 20.5yrs old still.. and are really dominating NSW Cup on a consistent basis.. thats impressive.. we dont seem to have any 18-21yr old kids coming through and thriving.. especially forwards, JDB, Host, Ford, Sele etc.. they took forever.. these guys seem the exception.

I sometimes wonder.. watching the dogs smaller pack do well in this new faster game.. or a Cotter.. maybe in the right structure these kids could really be something.. but im still thinking they probably need some big boppers along side...
Welcome Rev to the Dragon's Lair .......