Ryles…

Red T

SGI Jersey Flegg
Okay so Ryles has joined Parramatta ! So he was assistant coach at Rorters and they took exception to him talking to Saints and moved him on. Even though he turned us down ! The he joined Melbourne as assistant coach. Then he applied for the Parramatta job and got it. And Melbourne are pissed off and told him to clean out his locker and be gone by the end of the week. But my question is : if he accepted the Parramatta job, why did the bastard turn us down ? Anyway we have Flanno and he has got us to be more aggressive. I think we need to recognise the competitive nature of the game when other teams are looking to sabotage the Dragons and stop us from getting back to where we belong.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Okay so Ryles has joined Parramatta ! So he was assistant coach at Rorters and they took exception to him talking to Saints and moved him on. Even though he turned us down ! The he joined Melbourne as assistant coach. Then he applied for the Parramatta job and got it. And Melbourne are pissed off and told him to clean out his locker and be gone by the end of the week. But my question is : if he accepted the Parramatta job, why did the bastard turn us down ? Anyway we have Flanno and he has got us to be more aggressive. I think we need to recognise the competitive nature of the game when other teams are looking to sabotage the Dragons and stop us from getting back to where we belong.
I think the story was that he was promised Bellamy's job when he retired which was going to happen shortly. But Bellamy changed his mind recently so Ryles left. I don't think there was any bad blood between him and Melbourne. Remember he was an assistant there before going to the Roosters. If anything he should be pissed off for being told he was going to take over only for Bellamy to change his mind.

I guess he felt he didn't have a sufficient budget to work with as the reason he didn't come to the Dragons. Not his salary but the budget for junior coaches, scouts and etc. Probably some truth to that but more likely he judged that a rookie coach coming into a team that needed to be rebuilt was a huge risk. Taking over from Bellamy was a much easier job for a rookie coach.

Red T

SGI Jersey Flegg
Yes but he turned us down—-then he joined Parramatta. And Melbourne have not let him finish the season. Anyway Flanno has got us in the mix for the playoffs. And more to come next year. While I think Parramatta will struggle…

Red T

SGI Jersey Flegg
I also heard he has been made to sign a contract not to poach players. Not just a verbal agreement—-a written contact. Okay it was a big job here, but we are sleeping giants, and it is in other clubs interest to oppress us.Do you think the Shonkies will ever do us any favours ?

AyiosYiorgos

SGI Jersey Flegg
Yes but he turned us down—-then he joined Parramatta. And Melbourne have not let him finish the season. Anyway Flanno has got us in the mix for the playoffs. And more to come next year. While I think Parramatta will struggle…
Melbourne where happy for him to finish the season , he asked if they would release him..

AyiosYiorgos

SGI Jersey Flegg
I also heard he has been made to sign a contract not to poach players. Not just a verbal agreement—-a written contact. Okay it was a big job here, but we are sleeping giants, and it is in other clubs interest to oppress us.Do you think the Shonkies will ever do us any favours ?
Who is trying to oppress us and what favours are you expecting the sharks to do for us, why do we need favours from the sharks?

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
No. It's a zero sum game. They are losing a huge amount of money at present. Need that to continue.

Red T

SGI Jersey Flegg
We have some bad games this year but we have kept bouncing back and are an outside chance of making the playoffs….I just don’t get it. He was a player here and he refused to help us…Before joining Parramatta. What an insult !

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
We have some bad games this year but we have kept bouncing back and are an outside chance of making the playoffs….I just don’t get it. He was a player here and he refused to help us…Before joining Parramatta. What an insult !
I don't think it's right to take it personally. I'm pissed Flanno brought Kyle over and pissed he won't pick Ryan Couchman but all in all, I'm happy Ryles turned us down for what was at the time going to be the Melbourne job. He had been living in Melbourne for several years. He probably regarded it as home. Then Bellamy changed his mind about retirement which led Ryles to seek the Parra job.

And BTW, Bull Bailey was a far better prop than Ryles. I thought Ryles was overrated actually.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I think the story was that he was promised Bellamy's job when he retired which was going to happen shortly. But Bellamy changed his mind recently so Ryles left. I don't think there was any bad blood between him and Melbourne. Remember he was an assistant there before going to the Roosters. If anything he should be pissed off for being told he was going to take over only for Bellamy to change his mind.

I guess he felt he didn't have a sufficient budget to work with as the reason he didn't come to the Dragons. Not his salary but the budget for junior coaches, scouts and etc. Probably some truth to that but more likely he judged that a rookie coach coming into a team that needed to be rebuilt was a huge risk. Taking over from Bellamy was a much easier job for a rookie coach.
If I remember right, Flanno only came on board after the head office agreed on several measures to increase funding throughout the football department. Ryles could have asked for that too. He just wanted the Melbourne job. Now he's got the Parramatta job. Lets see how he goes. I'm happy with Flanno despite protected species Kyle.

Last edited: