Recent content by TheRev

  1. TheRev

    HAMISH STEWART - DALLY M 2ND ROWER OF THE YEAR

    no idea.. you'd think between now and the start of preseason (think its mid november) they would want to have them announced?
  2. TheRev

    HAMISH STEWART - DALLY M 2ND ROWER OF THE YEAR

    I'm not expecting any attacking revolution from our coaching staff.. so if were gonna do something its going to be off the back of Drinkwater+Nikorima+Metcalf (if he stays fit), theyre gonna have to run the show I would think. The positive we have is our forward pack should be able to hold...
  3. TheRev

    HAMISH STEWART - DALLY M 2ND ROWER OF THE YEAR

    Yah definitely surprised me... I wouldn't think Hamish would be Top 10 in terms of best 2nd rower in the comp... far out there are some good ones.. not even considering the origin ones... but I assume its more just that Hamish was such a standout player for our team specifically... either way...
  4. TheRev

    Other Clubs in 2026

    Holbrook is a freak though, not many coaches re-invent football strategy (instead of copying the rest + trying to 'run hard tackle hard' harder than your opponent.. which only works for a short period), I very much doubt we will get that from Deano, his only shot is if he picks a gun assistant I...
  5. TheRev

    2027 TOP 19

    Even though im not a huge fan... Buchanan is pretty quick for a ctr, acceleration the one thing he brings is he can beat his defender.. if he can also start to get stronger and pull through half tackles he could be something... he has to be able to handle all the rest of the job though, and make...
  6. TheRev

    Recruitment & Retention 2027

    The whole thing is like a pack of cards potentially being shuffled.. whichever card gets played first opens up a void that can be filled by another. I suspect the Rabbits for example will let Mitchell talk to clubs early.. in the hope that he leaves and they can take a crack @ someone better...
  7. TheRev

    Pathways Players

    His name is 'Rock'? I dont mean this as a pun, but that must be one hard family to grow up in.
  8. TheRev

    2026-27 Off Season

    AI I dont think either outcome is locked yet.. maybe club is a bit stuck with Suli, Gutho etc.. was prob hoping to offload atleast 1 of em.
  9. TheRev

    2026-27 Off Season

    If Sloan stays it pretty much guarantees Holmes @ left ctr.. and then right ctr is between Gutho, Atko, Buchanan, Suli, Fale or someone we are yet to sign.. they arent great odds for Gutho or Atko being in the starting 17.. means they are likely seat warming as #18 or #19.. they wont want...
  10. TheRev

    2026-27 Off Season

    I feel like if we had 2 centres that clearly nullified Gutho to the bench and really into the extended bench.. maybe he reconsiders the early retirement option. Problem is I just doubt that happens until february or march.. and its all a bit late by then for us to land a 2027 replacement... he...
  11. TheRev

    Pathways Players

    yeah I dunno.. I got the feeling Burto would just stay in Flegg or Cup.. but I guess maybe he could start the season in 19s perhaps.. most of the young forwards did a year of 19's (the one they won) and skipped the 2nd year... Burton a lil different I think, not running into 120kg monsters...
  12. TheRev

    Pathways Players

    Luka as in Halangahu is moving down to the Steelers system? You might have mentioned that actually.. U think Creighton will jump straight into 21's Probably more than fair actually.. turns 19 on Feb 29 but rly too good for that grade.. needs to get a kickalong.. ok needs to stay healthy first...
  13. TheRev

    2027 NSW Cup

    Heidke has more than that.. he just hasnt fully recovered from the achilles or whatever it was.. if he can get a full pre-season im keen to see what he can do in cup next year. He has definitely bulked up in the last 12mths though which has lost some acceleration.. but im hoping his ability to...
  14. TheRev

    Jersey Flegg

    I expected more from Cornelius cause I thought 'how hard is it to be a winger?'.. hes already bigger than everyone else in the U21's.. but clearly hes not there yet.. though itll be good experience.. website says he turns 18 on December 31st is that right? So hes still only 17 but was playing...
  15. TheRev

    Jersey Flegg

    Gotta say the repeated injuries to DMeafou, CMeafou, Heidke (Hammoud though hes leaving it seems).. im sure im forgetting a few... man it makes me a sad panda.. these are 3 of our best young prospects stuck in limbo... they should be knocking on the door.. very hard to plan a roster around that.
Top