Exceeding Expectations

Which 3 of the following will exceed expectations in 2024?

• Shane Flanagan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ben Hunt

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Jacob Liddle

• Tyrell Sloan

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Sione Finau

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Ryan and/or Toby Couchman

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Kyle Flanagan

• Zac Lomax

• Jo Dragon40

• Other (please specify)

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Assuming the rest are pretty much a known quantity and a limited number of possible responses. We know what blokes like De Belin, Lawrie, Suli, Ravalawa, Sua will bring. Lomax might fit into that category as well but being a goal kicker and the possibility of him not playing centre made him worthy of being included. Ben Hunt was pretty bad last season. Maybe he will be in better head-space and be much better this year. I was going to add Dean Young but I think it's too hard to judge assistents. And of course jodragon40 jodragon40. Will he be much more relaxed, not prone to losing his temper?

Poll is open until March 2nd. Votes can be changed.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Assuming the rest are pretty much a known quantity and a limited number of possible responses. We know what blokes like De Belin, Lawrie, Suli, Ravalawa, Sua will bring. Lomax might fit into that category as well but being a goal kicker and the possibility of him not playing centre made him worthy of being included. Ben Hunt was pretty bad last season. Maybe he will be in better head-space and be much better this year. I was going to add Dean Young but I think it's too hard to judge assistents. And of course jodragon40 jodragon40. Will he be much more relaxed, not prone to losing his temper?

Poll is open until March 2nd. Votes can be changed.
Funny that, my concern is that we will be hard up not to be receiving the dreaded wooden spoon

Eric

Staff
Funny that, my concern is that we will be hard up not to be receiving the dreaded wooden spoon
If my 3 choices, and I know it's a big if, Couchmans, Finau and Sloan go well I think you are too pessimistic. In that case we will have 2 more good middles to compliment Lawrie and JDB along with speed and skill in the outside backs. In that case, 5/8 and one edge backrower will be only major problems. Maybe Egan or Shereb will step up to fill the backrow void.

God knows what they are going to do for a 5/8 if Flanno jnr isn't cutting it.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
If my 3 choices, and I know it's a big if, Couchmans, Finau and Sloan go well I think you are too pessimistic. In that case we will have 2 more good middles to compliment Lawrie and JDB along with speed and skill in the outside backs. In that case, 5/8 and one edge backrower will be only major problems. Maybe Egan or Shereb will step up to fill the backrow void.

God knows what they are going to do for a 5/8 if Flanno jnr isn't cutting it.
I'll lace up my boots. Honestly dragon tragic have an overwhelming need to see success on the field. It's in our DNA. In saying that unfortunately even with a new coach and support staff you can only do what you can with what you have. My only hope is that we can unearth a decent front rower or two otherwise all the optimism in the world isn't going to help us.

Eric

Staff
I'll lace up my boots. Honestly dragon tragic have an overwhelming need to see success on the field. It's in our DNA. In saying that unfortunately even with a new coach and support staff you can only do what you can with what you have. My only hope is that we can unearth a decent front rower or two otherwise all the optimism in the world isn't going to help us.
My expectations are pretty low for this season so in theory I won't be so disappointed. It just never works out that way.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup

New Years Resolution​

St George Illawarra Dragons - Improve .. somewhere​

I wanted to put "avoid the spoon" here but it felt like a cop out. That said, the Dragons need a win .. somewhere. Whether that be a big name signing, the unearthing of a young star, a marquee win, a new sponsor. Something!

Shane Flanagan has been appointed to turn around the horror show that has been the Dragons. I believe he will but it will take time. They missed out on a number of big names and enter 2024 with very low expectations. Something has to go right for the Red V in 2024. Whatever that may be.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup

New Years Resolution​

St George Illawarra Dragons - Improve .. somewhere​

I wanted to put "avoid the spoon" here but it felt like a cop out. That said, the Dragons need a win .. somewhere. Whether that be a big name signing, the unearthing of a young star, a marquee win, a new sponsor. Something!

Shane Flanagan has been appointed to turn around the horror show that has been the Dragons. I believe he will but it will take time. They missed out on a number of big names and enter 2024 with very low expectations. Something has to go right for the Red V in 2024. Whatever that may be.
The improvement will be in the young players coming through the grades. Feagai's turned into a disappointment. Just not fast enough to be good wingers and defence is a joke. Whatever you think of Sullivan, he's gone now. Amone didn't become the 5/8 we hoped for. At least not yet. Jury is still out on Sloan. Ramsey struck out for other reasons.

This next batch of Egan, Shereb, Coric, Finau, Tamale will be the real deal.

Eric

Staff
The improvement will be in the young players coming through the grades. Feagai's turned into a disappointment. Just not fast enough to be good wingers and defence is a joke. Whatever you think of Sullivan, he's gone now. Amone didn't become the 5/8 we hoped for. At least not yet. Jury is still out on Sloan. Ramsey struck out for other reasons.

This next batch of Egan, Shereb, Coric, Finau, Tamale will be the real deal.
Just missing what we need more than anything else. #7, #6, #9.:cautious:

Dousty 2.0

SGI Junior League
Gonna be a massive year for Mr Boss Man, Peter Doust.

If we are going well, he will find new and creative ways to take credit. If not, he will make sure everyone knows he didnt want to sign Flanno.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Gonna be a massive year for Mr Boss Man, Peter Doust.

If we are going well, he will find new and creative ways to take credit. If not, he will make sure everyone knows he didnt want to sign Flanno.
Is he still hanging around? Must have some excellent kompromat.

Eric

Staff
You forgot 8 and 10
Yes and no. If my expectations come true, we will have 2 Couchmans, Lawrie and Frank Molo in the front row rotation. And then there is Mike Molo and Coric. We don't have Haas, JFH or AFB but our front row rotation really isn't bad if both Couchmans are as good as we hope.