GF: Roosters v Knights

Eric

Staff
I loathe Easts but I don't think they're cheating. I do think though that what they're doing is clearly not in the spirit of the rules. The Bulldogs are attempting their own knock-off brand version of the same strategy. It's smart and i dont blame them.

The people I blame are the administrators. For a long time, they've made a conscious choice to not fix an obviously broken system. Instead, we've got gimmicky rule changes and Vegas sojourns and anything else to act as a distraction in the most pathetically transparent act of sleight-of-hand.

So I watched the GF because I'm a sucker but turned it off immediately at full time with an inescapable feeling of having been witness to something a little dirty and seedy. It's not cheating but the game is rigged so celebrating the NRL feels like going to a casino and cheering for the house to win.
That's a good point but I'd just say there is a very fine line between bending the rules and breaking the rules.

I turned it off for memory with about 8 minutes left when the Rorters went 7 ahead.
 

Close to the Edge

SGI Junior League
It's both. They have a wink and nod agreement that players who remain loyal to them will get fixed up after they retire. Braith Anasta said so on TV.

The Jewish mafia can say whatever players have going on after they retire is none of the NRL's business. If the NRL pushes, they can deny everything and say Briath Anasta had better show proof or he's getting sued. If it isn't written down anywhere.........

Well sorry if you don't like it but I'm going to go ahead and hate them. I have every belief the Dragons can do it like Penrith have done it. That is by not cheating and not being involved in any of the little scams and tricks the wretched slugs use in order to rig the competition.
Enough with the "Jewish mafia" sh*t already.
Save that stuff for X. It has no place in a rugby league forum.
 

Dave03

SGI NSW Cup

Corrected NRL top-4 tally — 2016–2026​

RankTeamTop-4 finishesSeasons finishing Top 4
1Melbourne Storm92016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2023, 2024, 2025
2Penrith Panthers62020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2026
2Sydney Roosters62017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024, 2026
4Brisbane Broncos42016, 2017, 2023, 2025
4Cronulla Sharks42016, 2018, 2022, 2024
6Canberra Raiders32016, 2019, 2025
6South Sydney Rabbitohs32018, 2019, 2021
6Parramatta Eels32017, 2020, 2022
9North Queensland Cowboys22016, 2022
9New Zealand Warriors22023, 2026
11Manly Sea Eagles12021
11Dolphins12026
11Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs12025


I understand the dislike for the chooks (I don't like em either) but it's a bit far fetched with the salary cap cheating discussion imo. They're one of the best run clubs both on & off the field. Data is probably accurate but could be a tad off. Panthers had a dynasty run, are they the biggest cheats too?
 

RufusRex

SGI NSW Cup
We do know that technically we were inside the cap 2010 but heavily bent manipulated the rules around the gas deal .. and f*ck I am glad we did
 

Dragon David

SGI NSW Cup
I turned off the game just in the dying seconds as I didn't want to see the Roosters players hugging and high fiving each other.
Did not want to see the presentation and the trophy being lifted by Tedesco and Co.
Hopefully I don't see them doing a lap of honour again, ever.
 

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Nah cant was a huge problem … the defence can move the moment the ball is behind the bloke playing it … cant was inexperienced/slow getting the ball and passing it … the roosters appeared offside because people think they can’t move until the DH picks the ball up - that’s not the case …

Crossland plays and it’s a different game
You are really a fanatical Roosters fan.

It's 50-50 most of the time. Everyone knows in big games 50-50 calls always go the Roosters way unless it's against Broncos or Storm in which case it's mostly even.

Against Newcastle in a GF, as if 50-50 calls won't go the Roosters way.
 

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup

Corrected NRL top-4 tally — 2016–2026​

RankTeamTop-4 finishesSeasons finishing Top 4
1Melbourne Storm92016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2023, 2024, 2025
2Penrith Panthers62020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2026
2Sydney Roosters62017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024, 2026
4Brisbane Broncos42016, 2017, 2023, 2025
4Cronulla Sharks42016, 2018, 2022, 2024
6Canberra Raiders32016, 2019, 2025
6South Sydney Rabbitohs32018, 2019, 2021
6Parramatta Eels32017, 2020, 2022
9North Queensland Cowboys22016, 2022
9New Zealand Warriors22023, 2026
11Manly Sea Eagles12021
11Dolphins12026
11Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs12025


I understand the dislike for the chooks (I don't like em either) but it's a bit far fetched with the salary cap cheating discussion imo. They're one of the best run clubs both on & off the field. Data is probably accurate but could be a tad off. Panthers had a dynasty run, are they the biggest cheats too?
How many of those other 3 consistently go to the market to poach players in very high demand? Zero?
 

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Sick of talking about Roosters.

All I want to say about their supposed cheating is this oldie but still true.

It's not what you know but what you can prove.​

 

RufusRex

SGI NSW Cup
You are really a fanatical Roosters fan.

It's 50-50 most of the time. Everyone knows in big games 50-50 calls always go the Roosters way unless it's against Broncos or Storm in which case it's mostly even.

Against Newcastle in a GF, as if 50-50 calls won't go the Roosters way.

You mean like Ponga staying on the field? Please come back when you can actually form a sensible fact based arguement - otherwise you just come across as a paranoid conspiracy theorist posting from his mums basement.
 

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
You mean like Ponga staying on the field? Please come back when you can actually form a sensible fact based arguement - otherwise you just come across as a paranoid conspiracy theorist posting from his mums basement.
Mum's basement? Roosters fans have never been accused of being original.

It's not what you know but what you can prove.​


Well done to your team. Nothing is proven..... at this time.
 

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
You mean like Ponga staying on the field? Please come back when you can actually form a sensible fact based arguement - otherwise you just come across as a paranoid conspiracy theorist posting from his mums basement.
BTW I thought the Ponga thing was spot on. Penalty and small fine at most. Radley ducked right into it. Looked like he did it on purpose.
 

redv13

SGI NSW Cup
To be honest, I thought the game was fairly reffed, no major stuff up’s and as mentioned with Ponga, during rounds 1-27, that’s a sin bin every day of the week but I’m glad Adam Gee didn’t go down that path. Newcastle got plenty of love in the Warriors game by Mr Klein.

All this talk of the roosters shenanigans is getting a bit old. Fair play to them. I’d be more worried about the grubs from Belmore, the Broncos and Penrith before worrying about the chooks.

Politis, love him or hate him, truly loves his players and does what he needs to do. Wish he was at Saints.
 

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
To be honest, I thought the game was fairly reffed, no major stuff up’s and as mentioned with Ponga, during rounds 1-27, that’s a sin bin every day of the week but I’m glad Adam Gee didn’t go down that path. Newcastle got plenty of love in the Warriors game by Mr Klein.

All this talk of the roosters shenanigans is getting a bit old. Fair play to them. I’d be more worried about the grubs from Belmore and the Broncos before worrying about the chooks.

Politis, love him or hate him, truly loves his players and does what he needs to do. Wish he was at Saints.
Disagree about Ponga but if they weren't going early often, their line speed was incredibly good. I'll just leave it at that. But when White was dominating in the middle only to go off and be replaced by Spencer Leniu, the writing was on the wall even though Newcastle were 12 up.
 

redv13

SGI NSW Cup
Disagree about Ponga but if they weren't going early often, their line speed was incredibly good. I'll just leave it at that. But when White was dominating in the middle only to go off and be replaced by Spencer Leniu, the writing was on the wall even though Newcastle were 12 up.
Their line speed was excellent, but it was for the last 6 weeks. They weren’t offside, the service from Newcastle dummy half was clunky and sloppy. That doesn’t mean the chooks we’re offside
 

RufusRex

SGI NSW Cup
Their line speed was excellent, but it was for the last 6 weeks. They weren’t offside, the service from Newcastle dummy half was clunky and sloppy. That doesn’t mean the chooks we’re offside

100% ... knowing when a defence can move is something the average punted assumes is related to when the Dummy Half touches the ball .. that is not the case. It is the moment the ball is behind the bloke playing the ball as soon as that happens defence can move ...

The thing with the roosters compared to us is that line speed is quick but also they dont stop where we do, the extra step that their line takes is huge ... We tend to stop about 3m from teh collision giving up a metre or so extra each carry, the roosters line stops closer and they react quicker.

Cheika would have been a good get for us from that point alone.
 
Top