Injury and Suspension update 2024

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Ravalawa 4 game suspension.
Rava needs to use the 4 weeks to train in the forwards. I know its almost certain Flanno and dunces will see it as "too risky for the NSW Cup team" but why not? He's big enough to be a forwards but not fast enough to be a good winger. Before jodragon40 jodragon40 gives me a baking about "how hard the transition is" and etc, I know he's unlikely to succeed but his days as an NRL winger are over so why not give it a try?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Rava needs to use the 4 weeks to train in the forwards. I know its almost certain Flanno and dunces will see it as "too risky for the NSW Cup team" but why not? He's big enough to be a forwards but not fast enough to be a good winger. Before jodragon40 jodragon40 gives me a baking about "how hard the transition is" and etc, I know he's unlikely to succeed but his days as an NRL winger are over so why not give it a try?
I've explained this in detail on many occasions. In my view it simply won't happen.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I've explained this in detail on many occasions. In my view it simply won't happen.
I know it's unlikely to work out. I said that. But more likely to work out for him as a winger from now. What is there to lose? Is Flanno more concerned about the NSW Cup team?

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I remember a few years back that I had mentioned elsewhere that Aitken moving into the forwards was where he was better suited .......
He's a gun backrower, TBH. Rava is bigger and can pass. Probably doesn't have the stamina to last a long time in the middle but who knows?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I remember a few years back that I had mentioned elsewhere that Aitken moving into the forwards was where he was better suited .......
There is a big difference between Aitken and Rav in relation to reading the attacking structures of the opposition and playing with the defensive structures in the middle of the park. I love Rav but he is not the most intelligent player running around when it comes to defending.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
There is a big difference between Aitken and Rav in relation to reading the attacking structures of the opposition and playing with the defensive structures in the middle of the park. I love Rav but he is not the most intelligent player running around when it comes to defending.
Not the most intelligent👍. Wouldn't that furthet qualify him to play im the forwards?

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Luckily Zac will be back so Bird won't get named in the centres. At least I hope he isn't.
Need to get out of the habit even considering Bird start in the centres unless 2 of:
  • Lomax
  • Suli
  • Finau x 2
Are unavailable. Even then I'd be handing Hayden Buchanan his debut. Or moving Rava into the centres.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Flanno has been unbelievably lucky with the injuries this season. Imagine being in round 19 and only having 2 fringe first graders out and one fringe first grader who technically isn't even on the books this season.

ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS

Raymond Faitala-Mariner (back, Round 19)
Hame Sele (shoulder, Round 19)
Jesse Marschke (hamstring, Round 19)
Mat Feagai (shoulder, TBC)
Cody Ramsey (illness, indefinite)
Corey Allan (knee, 2025)