SGI Jersey Flegg
Cup wrap
Shadi played FB and 3rd half in the line
He had some good touches
Finau played the middle 40 and handle the physical side well
Sav good attack poor D.

My player of year Egan just on consistent error free footy
Coric just got better every game.
Benny J was a standout for players not in top squad.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
o Coric is a funny one.. he had 15 games in 2022 but didnt make an impact.. missed all of 2023 with injury.. but has had 23 games this year, and seems to do better the more minutes he gets.. im a bit bummed hes moving on.. 2025 might be his break out year.. but it is what it is.. we want to sign some experienced guys for 1sts, and then 2 couchies, and tonga and latu next year.. itll push some current 1st graders into cup... I get it.. but definitely gonna need Webster and Liu to be solid next year.. were gonna miss that consistent performance that AlecT & Coric have provided...

o Hammoud is an interesting one.. Im still very cranky about the tackle that led to that foot injury.. who knows what the landscape would look like if he had played the year in Flegg.. I still wonder if he will put pressure on LKT in 1-2 yrs time.. im all about acceleration in my backs... and I'm very curious what they do with contracts... LKT is a dev player next year for sure.. but what about 2026..

o Egan yeah hes an interesting one.. I'm still not convinced a safe defence 2nd rower can be a thing in the NRL, he has to keep getting better in attack, which tbf he has had some nice runs as the year has gone on.. im hoping its just age.. but 2nd rowers these days need to be animals..

o It wouldnt surprise me if Egan or Tonga get a game from the bench this weekend in 1sts.. I wouldn't rule out Tamale either if Flanno is pi$$ed off enough with Rava, or if MatF goes down with his leg injury.. but I get the feeling we would be happy to Tamale to pi$$ right off to the raiders.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
o Stanley-Traill seem happy enough? He was in a video with his manager at canterbury leagues, might be nothing.. must be a little bit difficult being a year behind all his dragons SG ball winning forwards..

o Really disappointed with Flegg, not the results, but because im not confident we have backs that are going to push for first grade anytime soon.. guys to replace Tamale, or to be the next Bostock..

- Rumble but has had moments but im not sure hes actually an upgrade on Sloan..
- Williams hasnt kicked on yet.. and that injury will hold him right back..
- Kirk maybe.. I do like the big frames on a winger.. its a huge advantage.. but hes gotta have another good year in cup I feel...
- LKT skipped right thru but the others in Ward and Quinn are very much maybes..
- Hammoud and Reed didnt rly get to play..
- TPH didnt work out.. and maybe later in life like Fuller.. but thats a long journey.
- Buchanan has been alright for me hes too small to be moving up.. he gets ragdolled.. and that will take 1.5-2yrs..
- Johnson has been ok in cup.. I didnt realise how old he was though..

I'm not seeing the next Bostock type talent that we can fast-track. I do think we could consider buying a young outside back for a development contract, someone in that 21-22yr range that maybe is too old for Flegg at another club.. we have the development spots and an extra bloke for 1st grade depth could be rly good.. this recent injury run has rly challenged us.. and that was even with a heap of 'reserves' like Rava, Feagai1, Feagai2, CT, SFinau, Tamale & Allan... id say we will be running perhaps 2 less backs in our squad next year.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
o Stanley-Traill seem happy enough? He was in a video with his manager at canterbury leagues, might be nothing.. must be a little bit difficult being a year behind all his dragons SG ball winning forwards..

o Really disappointed with Flegg, not the results, but because im not confident we have backs that are going to push for first grade anytime soon.. guys to replace Tamale, or to be the next Bostock..

- Rumble but has had moments but im not sure hes actually an upgrade on Sloan..
- Williams hasnt kicked on yet.. and that injury will hold him right back..
- Kirk maybe.. I do like the big frames on a winger.. its a huge advantage.. but hes gotta have another good year in cup I feel...
- LKT skipped right thru but the others in Ward and Quinn are very much maybes..
- Hammoud and Reed didnt rly get to play..
- TPH didnt work out.. and maybe later in life like Fuller.. but thats a long journey.
- Buchanan has been alright for me hes too small to be moving up.. he gets ragdolled.. and that will take 1.5-2yrs..
- Johnson has been ok in cup.. I didnt realise how old he was though..

I'm not seeing the next Bostock type talent that we can fast-track. I do think we could consider buying a young outside back for a development contract, someone in that 21-22yr range that maybe is too old for Flegg at another club.. we have the development spots and an extra bloke for 1st grade depth could be rly good.. this recent injury run has rly challenged us.. and that was even with a heap of 'reserves' like Rava, Feagai1, Feagai2, CT, SFinau, Tamale & Allan... id say we will be running perhaps 2 less backs in our squad next year.
Rumble might be good when he packs on 10kg or more muscle.
Williams is the one with the natural ability. He needs to focus and train hard. If any one of those are going to make it next year, he's the one. Hopefully it's just an MCL. When will we know?

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Rumble might be good when he packs on 10kg or more muscle.
Williams is the one with the natural ability. He needs to focus and train hard. If any one of those are going to make it next year, he's the one. Hopefully it's just an MCL. When will we know?

Never if you are hoping to hear from the club.
He had MRI today results tomorrow.

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
There's plenty of outside back depth in the nrl which we can recruit at a cheap price or value for money, unlike forwards. If we're lacking depth then I'm glad it's in the outside backs.