NSW U19

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I'm extremely interested to watch this game tonight with 3 of our future stars on the big stage. The two in the run on team, the centre Hayden Buchanan, a very big watch on our prop Pasifiki Tonga we need this giant of a kid to take the next step into 1sts in the next two season hopefully and off the bench Halangahu. May they all play well. Go the Blues

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Hutchinson should be in the QLD team also, hopefully they go well.

I really enjoyed watching NickT & Tamale last year also, even though they havent taken off the way we had hoped.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I'm extremely interested to watch this game tonight with 3 of our future stars on the big stage. The two in the run on team, the centre Hayden Buchanan, a very big watch on our prop Pasifiki Tonga we need this giant of a kid to take the next step into 1sts in the next two season hopefully and off the bench Halangahu. May they all play well. Go the Blues
Well to my eye Pasifiki Tonga will definitely be good enough to play 1sts only issue is that knee. Buchanan was good and Halangahu is built similar to a young David Fifita went well

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Loko Jr monstered the Maroons. He must have run well over 100 with massive PCM as at he took a power of stopping even from almost a standing start. Buchanan was quiet as were the other Blues outside backs with the ball rarely passing the ruck area. Jake looked at sea when he first came on in the middle away from his accustomed left edge but soon found his feet with a strong game.

Last edited:

Eric

Staff
Well to my eye Pasifiki Tonga will definitely be good enough to play 1sts only issue is that knee. Buchanan was good and Halangahu is built similar to a young David Fifita went well
Damn, I didn't even realise this thread was here. I was commentating on the game on another thread. I was very unhappy with NSW halfback. He just wouldn't pass the ball. Made it hard for Buchanan to do much. I was also unimpressed with the hooker. Playing for himself. Everytime Pasifiki Tonga and Halangahu got the ball, they had defenders all over them but made the most of it on a few occasions regardless.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Woods was the pick of the Blues halves and I was impressed with both full backs. Could have found a quicker, more skilfull and better distributing Blues hooker.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Woods was the pick of the Blues halves and I was impressed with both full backs. Could have found a quicker, more skilfull and better distributing Blues hooker.
I agree with Eric Eric. Woods had a f*cking shocker. He's a halfback who won't pass the ball. Getting hammered again and again might make him tough but not a good halfback.

I must admit, I think all 3 of our boys were good. Buchanan didn't many opportunities to do anything with the ball but didn't do anything wrong. But none of the 3 impressed me as much as Tamale and Nick T did last year.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Damn, I didn't even realise this thread was here. I was commentating on the game on another thread. I was very unhappy with NSW halfback. He just wouldn't pass the ball. Made it hard for Buchanan to do much. I was also unimpressed with the hooker. Playing for himself. Everytime Pasifiki Tonga and Halangahu got the ball, they had defenders all over them but made the most of it on a few occasions regardless.
Yep overplayed his hand, worst game I've seen him play. Both halves kicking was shocking..
Loko was great had half a dozen big runs and put in a good chase on that first break. Hayden looked good with limited opportunities didn't put a foot wrong.
Was good to see Jake play in the middle get a different perspective.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Wasn't much of a game from my perspective of only watching to see how our 3 went. The NSW hookers service was slow and he took the wrong option again and again. The halfback got lost in the twilight zone and came back as a hard running prop. The 5/8 was a bit better but also didn't pass much. As a result, it was a forwards dominated game with the NSW fullback providing most of the excitement.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Wasn't much of a game from my perspective of only watching to see how our 3 went. The NSW hookers service was slow and he took the wrong option again and again. The halfback got lost in the twilight zone and came back as a hard running prop. The 5/8 was a bit better but also didn't pass much. As a result, it was a forwards dominated game with the NSW fullback providing most of the excitement.
Pasifiki Tonga and Halangahu showed they should be given a chance in the NSW Cup without delay. Buchanan has already had a chance in the NSW Cup and proved it's not too much for him even though he was hardly seen in this game.

Eric

Staff
As a play maker, yes he had a shocker but he ran the run and kick show.
I think the coach told him something like, "Don't be afraid to run the ball", so he ran it every time he didn't kick. It was ridiculous. I wanted to throw something at the TV by the end of the game. Woods was in the commentary gushing over how he keeps getting smashed but keeps getting back up. I don't think anyone ever accused Woods of being particularly intelligent.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I think the coach told him something like, "Don't be afraid to run the ball", so he ran it every time he didn't kick. It was ridiculous. I wanted to throw something at the TV by the end of the game. Woods was in the commentary gushing over how he keeps getting smashed but keeps getting back up. I don't think anyone ever accused Woods of being particularly intelligent.
also this
The NSW hookers service was slow and he took the wrong option again and again. The halfback got lost in the twilight zone and came back as a hard running prop. The 5/8 was a bit better but also didn't pass much. As a result, it was a forwards dominated game with the NSW fullback providing most of the excitement.
Hooker and 5/8 were also very average, to put it kindly. Hooker is Brad Arthurs son. You know everyone in high positions is "Arthurs best friend". There is a lot of "jobs for family members" in the NRL.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
The Raiders have a happy knack of finding great fullbacks. Mind goes back to Gary Belcher, Brett Mullins, both Kangaroos, Kayln Ponga and now they have found Chevy Stewart who announced himself with a blinder last nite.