NSW U19

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Good to see you here too. Any idea which six. Jake and Finau will be two I expect, who else?
Heya, oh I wasnt reporting as such.. I was just looking at how many spare spots we had left in the 30 (not many!), who was therefore going to be let go.. and who was likely to make up the 6 dev spots.

NickT & Ackers are 2 of the devs... there are a few spots left that I reckon might end up being given to some/all of LKT/Buchanan/Williams.. im not sure the club knows for sure yet.. but the more games they play in NSW Cup the more we will know how ready they are. I thought they were negotiating with Williams manager, but I havent heard anything back yet.. he is the one I wanted to fast-track.. if we could free up a spot (maybe Ravalawa) id put him into the 30.. but he hasnt even played a Cup game yet.. and barely a JF game due to HIA and I think an injury.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Heya, oh I wasnt reporting as such.. I was just looking at how many spare spots we had left in the 30 (not many!), who was therefore going to be let go.. and who was likely to make up the 6 dev spots.

NickT & Ackers are 2 of the devs... there are a few spots left that I reckon might end up being given to some/all of LKT/Buchanan/Williams.. im not sure the club knows for sure yet.. but the more games they play in NSW Cup the more we will know how ready they are. I thought they were negotiating with Williams manager, but I havent heard anything back yet.. he is the one I wanted to fast-track.. if we could free up a spot (maybe Ravalawa) id put him into the 30.. but he hasnt even played a Cup game yet.. and barely a JF game due to HIA and I think an injury.
Just a Mug Fan Just a Mug Fan thinks Ackers isn't going to make it. As in, play NRL. As far as I understand anyway.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Bit of a pathway players update.

Jake Halangahu T&T 25, SL 26 Top 30, 27 Height 183 Weight 108

Cyrus Stanley-Traill T&T 25, SL 26 Top 30, 27 Height 188 weight 104

Nick Tsougranis SL, 25 top 30, 26 Height 182 Weight 100

Corey Ackers SL, 25 Height short Weight 100kg

Finau Latu Top 30, 25 Height 190 Weight 100

Loko Tonga Top 30, 25 Height 192 Weight 118

Dylan Egan Top 30, 25 Height 182 Weight 95

Hamish Stewart Top 30, 25,26 Height 192 Weight 98
I'll just rehash this post from april, not to be shared outside of the group.. but you can see who they had lined up for next year... but nothing is certain yet right.. like a lot of water to go under the bridge yet... what if one of them plays cup and kills it etc.. but there are quite a few SL (Dev) spots left still.

And yah Ackers, I dunno if he was injured this year but didnt seem to make huge impact in SG.. I can see he has skills and is fearless though... they must have rated him given he had a Dev contract for 2024.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I'll just rehash this post from april, not to be shared outside of the group.. but you can see who they had lined up for next year... but nothing is certain yet right.. like a lot of water to go under the bridge yet... what if one of them plays cup and kills it etc.. but there are quite a few SL (Dev) spots left still.

And yah Ackers, I dunno if he was injured this year but didnt seem to make huge impact in SG.. I can see he has skills and is fearless though... they must have rated him given he had a Dev contract for 2024.
I think he was injured, came back and was either carrying the same injury or got injured again but was carrying it until after the GF when he went under the knife again.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup

Williams from what I saw is a gun. Big, fast, has skill, can tackle.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Williams from what I saw is a gun. Big, fast, has skill, can tackle.
I think im his #1 fan lol.. in my uneducated opinion... he is the only 19yr old I think who has the size/speed/skill to skip the grades.. plus hes just a winger not a spine member or something.. ive no doubt he has a lot to learn defensively, but if he can get a few games under his belt, maybe they will get him into NSW Cup.. then we will know if he can still handle it.

I know we have good talent in SFinau and CTui, but Williams is someone who gets a half chance and runs 80 metres... we miss that so much in 1st grade.. we always get caught after a line break... throw in Sloans speed.. now we have 2 speedmen..

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I think im his #1 fan lol.. in my uneducated opinion... he is the only 19yr old I think who has the size/speed/skill to skip the grades.. plus hes just a winger not a spine member or something.. ive no doubt he has a lot to learn defensively, but if he can get a few games under his belt, maybe they will get him into NSW Cup.. then we will know if he can still handle it.

I know we have good talent in SFinau and CTui, but Williams is someone who gets a half chance and runs 80 metres... we miss that so much in 1st grade.. we always get caught after a line break... throw in Sloans speed.. now we have 2 speedmen..
C Tui..... not really a fan. Not as a winger anyway. He's comfortably heavier than Lawrie and Sele.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Sione gets a half chance and runs 50 mts. CT gets a half chance and runs 10 mts.
Sums up Flanno's selections perfectly
New Girl Facepalm GIF by HULU

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
This Saints junior is one out of the box. Has played five years of junior reps and is still only 18/19. Hits in the tackle like a sledge hammer and can bust a defense open with his power and surprising step. Even has ball skills and loves floating last man cut outs that usually find their man.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
It feels like NSW Cup needs a bit more speed and skill in those outside backs.. we dont seem to be able to convert possession into points.. although I reckon there were atleast 3 times a pass went just behind the catcher.. that could have led to points.

But compared to the warriors.. so many kids with speed and skill whenever we gave them half a chance.

Tamale had some individual x-factor, Finau was dangerous, LKT is getting a little better every week but will take time.. might be time for Buchanan back in next week, Shereb hits it up ok but not creating anything. Williams in for Roberts I think also, we need some speed.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
My first memory of Ponga was an end of year Jersey Flegg game against NQLD.. we had Matt Dufty @1, they had Ponga @1, Ponga tore us a new one straight away but I think he went off HIA early..

Eric

Staff
My first memory of Ponga was an end of year Jersey Flegg game against NQLD.. we had Matt Dufty @1, they had Ponga @1, Ponga tore us a new one straight away but I think he went off HIA early..
Reminds me of a story I heard. Not sure if it's true but given his track record, wouldn't surprise me at all.

When Browny was head coach, he was asked if there is any player who he could sign, who would it be. He replied, "There's a bloke in the Parramatta Jersey Flegg side, (or was it another name back then?) his name is Jaryd Hayne."

This is the kind of forward looking me need in a recruitment manager. Browny went a bit overboard with it but lesson learned.