Pacific Championships 2024

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Is Tommy Turbo in or out of the Kangaroos side for the upcoming Pacific Championships. If in it will be his first time since 2018. But two guys that won be pulling on the iconic 'Roo jumper against the Polynesians are Nathan Cleary and Kalyn Ponga with Munster and Moses in doubt.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Kalyn Ponga withdrawal has caused some controversy and is likely to be taken further by officials as his club has a clause that its players must make themselves available for rep footy and if not they have to pass certain criteria, which Ponga does not.

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Is Tommy Turbo in or out of the Kangaroos side for the upcoming Pacific Championships. If in it will be his first time since 2018. But two guys that won be pulling on the iconic 'Roo jumper against the Polynesians are Nathan Cleary and Kalyn Ponga with Munster and Moses in doubt.
Will he get selected if he is fit? With Ponga not in contention, surely Dylan Edwards will be fullback.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
This is my starting engine room (if fit)
Payne Haas, Tino Fa'asuamaleaui, Cameron Murray, Harry Grant, Lindsay Collins, Patrick Carrigan.
I'd also have David Fifita.
Mal has also mentioned Warriors enforcer Mitch Barnett and Bulldogs prop Josh Curran as possible bolters.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
The big worry is the general, the prime play maker/game manager. Monster blow not having Cleary to steer us around. Moses is my second choice but wont be ready for first match so who, Dearden or will Mal go back to DCE?

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
surely Dylan Edwards will be fullback.
I'd have Tommy at the back, then Edwards. If Tommy is out then I reckon Mal will go back to Tedesco.
Who will be the centres. With Val out with a broken leg, Bradman Best and Stephen Crichton are my choice. Mal also has Zac to call on or will he fill a wing spot..

Eric

Staff
Tino Fa'asuamaleaui is injured. ACL early in the season. If it were picked on form, JDB would be selected but his age, relationship with the *+?~@ Mal Meninga and "other things".

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Tino Fa'asuamaleaui is injured.
Oh yeh ACL I forgot. Bummer. Who is your prop choice? Is Campbell-Gillard still international class. Has invaluable rep experience, had a a terrific year and from footage I have seen he remains a very good player. Hearing the Cowboys reckon he still has three good years, whereas we did not. Was really pissed off we missed him.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
EXTENDED KANGAROO SQUAD:

Storm:
Cameron Munster, Xavier Coates, Harry Grant

Panthers: Nathan Cleary, Dylan Edwards,
Isaah Yeo, Liam Martin

Roosters: James Tedesco, Connor Watson, Angus Crichton, Lindsay Collins

Cowboys: Reece Robson,
Reuben Cotter, Tom Dearden, Jeremiah Nanai

Bulldogs:
Matt Burton, Jacob Kiraz (out with injury)

Sea Eagles: Daly Cherry-Evans, Tom Trbojevic, Jake Trbojevic

Knights: Bradman Best, Kalyn Ponga (ruled himself out).(n)

Raiders: Hudson Young

Dolphins:
Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow

Dragons:
Ben Hunt, Zac Lomax

Broncos:
Kotoni Staggs, Pat Carrigan

Warriors:
Mitch Barnett

Eels: Mitch Moses

Rabbitohs: Cam Murray.

Cleary, Munster likely end of season surgery. No Cobbo?

Last edited:

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
EXTENDED KANGAROO SQUAD:

Storm:
Cameron Munster, Xavier Coates, Harry Grant

Panthers: Nathan Cleary, Dylan Edwards,
Isaah Yeo, Liam Martin

Roosters: James Tedesco, Connor Watson, Angus Crichton, Lindsay Collins

Cowboys: Reece Robson,
Reuben Cotter, Tom Dearden, Jeremiah Nanai

Bulldogs:
Matt Burton, Jacob Kiraz (out with injury)

Sea Eagles: Daly Cherry-Evans, Tom Trbojevic, Jake Trbojevic

Knights: Bradman Best, Kalyn Ponga (ruled himself out).

Raiders: Hudson Young

Dolphins:
Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow

Dragons:
Ben Hunt, Zac Lomax

Broncos:
Kotoni Staggs, Pat Carrigan

Warriors:
Mitch Barnett

Eels: Mitch Moses

Rabbitohs: Cam Murray.

Cleary, Munster likely end of season surgery. No Cobbo?
Cobbo is so lazy.

Isn't it about time that f*ck Ben Hunt ruled himself out of rep games.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Isaah Yeo, Liam Martin
Enigmas this pair. Seems they rarely raise their level of performance in the Kangaroo jumper to that in the Panthers jumper. Yet both will likely make the final cut off. On last nites GF showing Munster is under pressure if fit. Only two Storm players in my final cut are Harry Grant and Xavier Coates with Tyran Wishart a utility bolter if an injury.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Enigmas this pair. Seems they rarely raise their level of performance in the Kangaroo jumper to that in the Panthers jumper. Yet both will likely make the final cut off. On last nites GF showing Munster is under pressure if fit. Only two Storm players in my final cut are Harry Grant and Xavier Coates with Tyran Wishart a utility bolter if an injury.
Average at best in Origin as well.