Who Would have thought

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
So now today the media are openly reporting salary cap issues with other clubs, Roosters and Sharks just to name two, in fact the Rorters have reportedly 7 of the 10 highest paid players in the league, but there are many more clubs, who would have thought 🤔 this is an issue? If anyone is really interested in how our once great club is actually performing financially you can access numerous reports. But here is the bad news in ranking of profitability we are 15th. The League's club ' known in my day as ' The Taj Mahal' is a shell of itself and the once powerful St George Leagues Club is struggling to make a profit and can barely afford to give a grant to the football club. Crowds have dropped in recent years from the team’s poor performances since the 2010 premiership and when Wayne Bennett left. Heavily rely on multi-million dollar loans from the NRL to stay afloat. (sic) If this is true it's so very sad. Personally I was never a fan of the merger but lived with it because it kept our brand and insignia alive. Any thoughts?

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
So now today the media are openly reporting salary cap issues with other clubs, Roosters and Sharks just to name two, in fact the Rorters have reportedly 7 of the 10 highest paid players in the league, but there are many more clubs, who would have thought 🤔 this is an issue? If anyone is really interested in how our once great club is actually performing financially you can access numerous reports. But here is the bad news in ranking of profitability we are 15th. The League's club ' known in my day as ' The Taj Mahal' is a shell of itself and the once powerful St George Leagues Club is struggling to make a profit and can barely afford to give a grant to the football club. Crowds have dropped in recent years from the team’s poor performances since the 2010 premiership and when Wayne Bennett left. Heavily rely on multi-million dollar loans from the NRL to stay afloat. (sic) If this is true it's so very sad. Personally I was never a fan of the merger but lived with it because it kept our brand and insignia alive. Any thoughts?
I would think Cowboys are next. There are a few forwards we could use in all those teams. Not so much the Shonkies but Crighton at the Roosters or Nanai, among others, at the Cowboys.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I would think Cowboys are next. There are a few forwards we could use in all those teams. Not so much the Shonkies but Crighton at the Roosters or Nanai, among others, at the Cowboys.
I agree Cowboys cannot possibly keep all their young forwards especially those such as Nanai and Cotter who quickly played SOO.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Also that forward who did he ACL playing the Dragons would be a handy acquisition. Unlike Nanai, wouldn't break the bank.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
The Leagues Club is much less important than it used to be. I mean, as far as funding the RLF team it's far less important. The way this coach picks teams and given his recruitment and retention program, I'm not surprised by that. Get some good young players in the team and play a much more exciting brand of football, the support in the club will bounce back.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
The Leagues Club is much less important than it used to be. I mean, as far as funding the RLF team it's far less important. The way this coach picks teams and given his recruitment and retention program, I'm not surprised by that. Get some good young players in the team and play a much more exciting brand of football, the support in the club will bounce back.
The media is reporting who Griffin new assistant coaches will be next season one is Trent Barrett

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Also that forward who did he ACL playing the Dragons would be a handy acquisition. Unlike Nanai, wouldn't break the bank.
There are a few others as well.
I agree Cowboys cannot possibly keep all their young forwards especially those such as Nanai and Cotter who quickly played SOO.
Cotter is better but is still too much like Bird or Ford or Fuimaono for me. We need some big props. And of course Nanai would be welcome in any team.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
The media is reporting who Griffin new assistant coaches will be next season one is Trent Barrett
Not sacking Griffin may be the worst thing.
If Griffin isn't sacked.

PLAYER UNREST AS PRESSURE BUILDS AT DRAGONS

There’s been a major blow-up at St George Illawarra following the treatment of hooker Andrew McCullough and the axing of assistant coaches Peter Gentle and Mat Head for next season. Dragons CEO Ryan Webb has been informed of head coach Anthony Griffin’s shortcomings in no uncertain terms as the Red V season slips away.

Griffin informed long-serving hooker McCullough last week that the 306-game no.9 should look at retiring next season as the Dragons try and re-shape the Red V roster. Griffin has also had a major run-in with assistant coach Gentle who will meet Dragons general manager of football Ben Harran today to finalise his immediate departure.

Gentle has been absent from St George Illawarra training for the past fortnight. Initially the Dragons assistant coach had COVID before a show down with Griffin when he returned led to him being told the situation had become untenable. Gentle hasn’t been sighted at St George Illawarra training since. To Griffin’s credit he’s tried to lighten the mood at training this week by taking the players ten pin bowling rather than just going through the motions in another field or video session.

St George Illawarra’s final month of the season is now viewed as critical to Hook’s future. They’ve got a relatively soft draw in meeting the Raiders, Gold Coast, Wests Tigers and the Brisbane Broncos in the next four games. If they lose all four games then the blow torch will start to be seriously applied to a club which has under-achieved given its roster.

If the rumblings are right then Griffin is looking at bringing in ex-Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett and ex-Gold Coast Titans caretaker coach Craig Hodges as his new assistants next year. There is no question there is player unrest at the Dragons given all the changes going on at the club.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
If Griffin isn't sacked.

PLAYER UNREST AS PRESSURE BUILDS AT DRAGONS

There’s been a major blow-up at St George Illawarra following the treatment of hooker Andrew McCullough and the axing of assistant coaches Peter Gentle and Mat Head for next season. Dragons CEO Ryan Webb has been informed of head coach Anthony Griffin’s shortcomings in no uncertain terms as the Red V season slips away.

Griffin informed long-serving hooker McCullough last week that the 306-game no.9 should look at retiring next season as the Dragons try and re-shape the Red V roster. Griffin has also had a major run-in with assistant coach Gentle who will meet Dragons general manager of football Ben Harran today to finalise his immediate departure.

Gentle has been absent from St George Illawarra training for the past fortnight. Initially the Dragons assistant coach had COVID before a show down with Griffin when he returned led to him being told the situation had become untenable. Gentle hasn’t been sighted at St George Illawarra training since. To Griffin’s credit he’s tried to lighten the mood at training this week by taking the players ten pin bowling rather than just going through the motions in another field or video session.

St George Illawarra’s final month of the season is now viewed as critical to Hook’s future. They’ve got a relatively soft draw in meeting the Raiders, Gold Coast, Wests Tigers and the Brisbane Broncos in the next four games. If they lose all four games then the blow torch will start to be seriously applied to a club which has under-achieved given its roster.

If the rumblings are right then Griffin is looking at bringing in ex-Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett and ex-Gold Coast Titans caretaker coach Craig Hodges as his new assistants next year. There is no question there is player unrest at the Dragons given all the changes going on at the club.
Is that a News Ltd article? Really trying hard to protect Griffin.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
lets have a look at some of the gems in this article:
Griffin informed long-serving hooker McCullough last week that the 306-game no.9 should look at retiring next season as the Dragons try and re-shape the Red V roster.
So that's why there is unrest? Because Griffin is insisting on something which should have happened at the end of last season and for which Griffin is responsible for not happening?
To Griffin’s credit he’s tried to lighten the mood at training this week by taking the players ten pin bowling rather than just going through the motions in another field or video session.
Master coach took the team bowling.......
This is the best part of the lot.
If they lose all 4 the blow torch will be applied? What??!! How about "if they don't win all 4, the blow torch will be applied"? Or, if they lose more than 1 or 2 the blow torch will be applied."
There is no question there is player unrest at the Dragons given all the changes going on at the club.
Sure. The player unrest if all because "of the changes going on", not because Griffin has utterly failed in his job and everyone knows it.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
There are a few others as well.

Cotter is better but is still too much like Bird or Ford or Fuimaono for me. We need some big props. And of course Nanai would be welcome in any team.
I didn't say we pursued them we can't afford a water boy at the moment. But no.1 priority is a go forward prop no later than 24. The Salary Cap will be increased substantially next season in my view.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
lets have a look at some of the gems in this article:

So that's why there is unrest? Because Griffin is insisting on something which should have happened at the end of last season and for which Griffin is responsible for not happening?

Master coach took the team bowling.......

This is the best part of the lot.
If they lose all 4 the blow torch will be applied? What??!! How about "if they don't win all 4, the blow torch will be applied"? Or, if they lose more than 1 or 2 the blow torch will be applied."

Sure. The player unrest if all because "of the changes going on", not because Griffin has utterly failed in his job and everyone knows it.
Believe me if the coach has lost the dressing room there is no coming back. Time will tell

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Talakai from the Shonkies would be a handy pick up.