2022 International T20 World Cup Australia, October 16 - November 13.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I dont think we will go into the Cup with the strongest team to be brutally honest. Will tell you why. The team was picked two months ago so the ICC PR people could market the so the 'superstars' Glenn Maxwell, Mitchell Starc, Marcus Stoinis, even Dave Warner. This group are given all the accolades but all too often they fail to deliver, specially in major events such as world cups. So younger, more exciting, consistent players such as Cameron Green, Jhye Richardson, Josh Inglis and Nathan Ellis have to cool their heels on the sidelines.

Last edited:

Eric

Staff
I dont think we will go into the Cup with the strongest team to be brutally honest. Will tell you why. The team was picked two months ago so the ICC PR people could market the so called superstars Glenn Maxwell, Mitch Marsh and Marcus Stoinis. These three get all the accolades but dont always live up to the hype. All too often they fail to deliver, specially in major events such as world cups. So younger, more exciting, consistent players such as Cameron Green, Josh Inglis and Nathan Ellis have to cool their heels on the sidelines.
The selection panel sounds similar to Dragons coaches over the last decade. Why give exciting young guys a go when veterans well passed their best and rapidly going downhill are available?

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
I dont think we will go into the Cup with the strongest team to be brutally honest. Will tell you why. The team was picked two months ago so the ICC PR people could market the so the 'superstars' Glenn Maxwell, Mitchell Starc, Marcus Stoinis, even Dave Warner. This group are given all the accolades but all too often they fail to deliver, specially in major events such as world cups. So younger, more exciting, consistent players such as Cameron Green, Jhye Richardson, Josh Inglis and Nathan Ellis have to cool their heels on the sidelines.
At first T20 cricket just seemed like too much bashing the ball and not enough of anything else but in the last few years it ha grown on me.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Me too Ryan Ryan. When it first hit Australia with the states playing it was acceptable. Then BBL was introduced and with it came blaringly loud music, fireworks, dancers, crowd promos. All a bit too much for this old fogie. I do enjoy the simpler version played at club and 2nd X1 level as 20 overs is pure entertainment.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Guys am looking for nickname for our T20 . Any ideas. They are wearing predominately black.. nite time is black.. so how about the nite riders or nite raiders.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Guys am looking for nickname for our T20 . Any ideas. They are wearing predominately black.. nite time is black.. so how about the nite riders or nite raiders.
I don't know like "niter riders". Nite raiders is ok but something a little more aggressive is good, IMO. How about "Black Death"?

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
No one interested in the WC. Well going on the performances of the Aussies so far I dont blame you. As for a nickname dusk duds or shadow fumblers may be the most appropriate after we were smashed by India and NZ in the last two games.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
No one interested in the WC. Well going on the performances of the Aussies so far I dont blame you. As for a nickname dusk duds or shadow fumblers may be the most appropriate after we were smashed by India and NZ in the last two games.
I didn't even know it was on!

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
NZ thrashed us!!!

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Finch score 31 off 42 balls in the win against Sri Lanka. IMO anything less than a run a ball in T20 is unacceptable. England is up tomorrow and they are really struggling. Time to put them to the sword while Warner and Finch need some runs and fast runs.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Warner and Finch
Warner has always been up and down in all the cricket formats. Finch more consistent. With age comes a loss of powers, as these two are eye players the first thing that goes is hand/eye co ordination. Then you look hopeless. This is happening to Finch in white ball and Warner now in red ball. That means Test cricket when that is the last thing you need. I give Warner one more year in Tests, Finch will retire after this world cup.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Finch score 31 off 42 balls in the win against Sri Lanka. IMO anything less than a run a ball in T20 is unacceptable.
He struggled because of the reasons I outlined to you. Steve Smith has to be recalled as his 31 off 42 balls will likely have won you the game as he is the glue that binds the team. You also need one of those in this format.
Yes England is up tomorrow and they will be hurting after copping a hiding from Ireland so Australia needs its best player for them.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I
He struggled because of the reasons I outlined to you. Steve Smith has to be recalled as his 31 off 42 balls will likely have won you the game as he is the glue that binds the team. You also need one of those in this format.
Yes England is up tomorrow and they will be hurting after copping a hiding from Ireland so Australia needs its best player for them.
Know we have disagreed about this before. I know the theory of a batting anchor but I'm skeptical about it in T20. If there is one needed at all, still needs to be scoring way faster than 31 off 42 balls. In one-day cricket, the anchor needs to be scoring at about a run a ball on most wickets.