Biting…

Red T

SGI Jersey Flegg
I think Kyle will be suspended for say two games, but I do think he should get off as Crighten has virtually forced his nose into Kyle’s mouth. I hear St George are hiring a barrister and that might be in his favour but players referred straight to the judiciary usually get some kind of suspension. Also shouldn’t Crichton be charged too as he was the aggressor and it highlights how the bullgrubs are slowing play down in the tackle….

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I think Kyle will be suspended for say two games, but I do think he should get off as Crighten has virtually forced his nose into Kyle’s mouth. I hear St George are hiring a barrister and that might be in his favour but players referred straight to the judiciary usually get some kind of suspension. Also shouldn’t Crichton be charged too as he was the aggressor and it highlights how the bullgrubs are slowing play down in the tackle….
This might be unpopular but I hope they throw the book at him. It might take 2 or 3 games but team will be better off without him and Flanno won't drop him.

Personally, I'm tipping an immediate improvement. I think it won't take 2 or 3 games.

DragonsTragic

SGI Jersey Flegg
Crichton should be charged for using his head in a tackle. Nothing said about Kikau either? He was put on report for a headbutt as well. Two in one game seems more than coincidence.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Crichton should be charged for using his head in a tackle. Nothing said about Kikau either? He was put on report for a headbutt as well. Two in one game seems more than coincidence.
This is true but I think everyone is going to see I was right. This team will be much better with Marschke or Brown or even Bird or possibly LKT at 5/8. I think the improvement will be immediate but to be on the safe side, I hope they throw the book at Kyle. Give him 4 weeks. Plenty of games to get used to the new 5/8.

Red T

SGI Jersey Flegg
I think Crichton should be charged. He attacked the head of Kyle and it was a head butt. But I would like Marschke or Brown to be given a chance. Problem is Flanno won’t drop Kyle ! But in this case I have to support Kyle.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I think Crichton should be charged. He attacked the head of Kyle and it was a head butt. But I would like Marschke or Brown to be given a chance. Problem is Flanno won’t drop Kyle ! But in this case I have to support Kyle.
Agree 100%. Even LKT might be a possibility. We'll find out in a few hours.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Phil Rothfield, good friends with Flanno and a hater of St George very much wants to see Kyle get off. No surprise there but I'm interested in him saying there is bad blood between the Flanagans and the Bulldogs. Why is that? Because they dropped Kyle and didn't offer him a new contract? Why would either Flanno be angry about that? Is there any more evidence Flanno cares about what is good for Kyle before he cares what is good for the team?

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Phil Rothfield, good friends with Flanno and a hater of St George very much wants to see Kyle get off. No surprise there but I'm interested in him saying there is bad blood between the Flanagans and the Bulldogs. Why is that? Because they dropped Kyle and didn't offer him a new contract? Why would either Flanno be angry about that? Is there any more evidence Flanno cares about what is good for Kyle before he cares what is good for the team?
Slothfield does seem very agitated. He's admitting Kyle bit him but saying due to circumstances he should get off. I can see his point if he was arguing for lighter punishment but admitting he bit him and saying he should get off is really strange. I bet if it was JDB he wouldn't be trying to push for more lenient punishment or no punishment at all.

BTW Apparently a big money lawyer has been hired to argue the case. Who is paying for that? Kyle, Flanno or the club? Because it should be Kyle!

AyiosYiorgos

SGI Jersey Flegg
Slothfield does seem very agitated. He's admitting Kyle bit him but saying due to circumstances he should get off. I can see his point if he was arguing for lighter punishment but admitting he bit him and saying he should get off is really strange. I bet if it was JDB he wouldn't be trying to push for more lenient punishment or no punishment at all.

BTW Apparently a big money lawyer has been hired to argue the case. Who is paying for that? Kyle, Flanno or the club? Because it should be Kyle!
Club always pays.
Crighton technically head butts Flanagan, surprised in this day and age with head contact, that he didnt get reported for it..

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
What is this stupidity the club and Flanno are playing at here? Hiring a big money lawyer and having him fight the charges as though he were vital for the team. Has anyone bothered to look at his stats? Toby Sexton might have got as many try assists last game as Kyle has over the entire season.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
After a 15 minutes of deliberation, the panel has found Kyle Flanagan of biting Stephen Crichton. The sanction is still to come. After Flanno came out and said, "He's not that kind of person", it painted them into a corner. They had to fight the charges.

Now lets see what we can do with another 5/8. Bird is a makeshift 5/8 but at least he won't be a target for in for opposition to run at.

Eric

Staff
After a 15 minutes of deliberation, the panel has found Kyle Flanagan of biting Stephen Crichton. The sanction is still to come. After Flanno came out and said, "He's not that kind of person", it painted them into a corner. They had to fight the charges.

Now lets see what we can do with another 5/8. Bird is a makeshift 5/8 but at least he won't be a target for in for opposition to run at.
If we crash out of contention before the final round, it should also means LKT gets at least one game.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
After Flanno came out and said, "He's not that kind of person", it painted them into a corner. They had to fight the charges.
Which is a shame. If he had come out and said something like, "I but him because he shoved his dirty nose in my mouth and I couldn't breathe" he probably could have gotten off lightly. A 1 or 2 week ban.

Red T

SGI Jersey Flegg
Can he appeal ? Two games suspension would be a win, any more than four a loss. It highlights how they are slowing the play the ball down these days. He should have been penalised. Dragons did not get many six agains until late in the second half.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Can he appeal ? Two games suspension would be a win, any more than four a loss. It highlights how they are slowing the play the ball down these days. He should have been penalised. Dragons did not get many six agains until late in the second half.
I'd bet if he took the line some media people were saying instead of pleading innocent, he could have gotten off lighter.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Who cares? It's no secret I don't rate him but does anyone think we are going to challenge the top teams or even next tier down with him at 5/8? Maybe his replacement will be worse but at this stage, it can't do any harm to try another option. This has overshadowed how he actually played last game.