BLAKE LAWRIE

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I am a member of a few other Dragons forums. It's what you do when you retire and have a love for the club you have loyaly supported since childhood. In these other forums this bloke is copping criticism every week. These are my personal views on this now much maligned player.

I wrote in another forum last year, from the point of view as an old reserve grade coach. Lawrie is that workhorse that every pack needs. He's no star a few years ago he changed his running style, lowering his body mass instead of running upright into the opposition pack, this was mirrored in his running mtrs stats : 2021 - 108m,
2022 - 117.5m and last year his best 134.75m.
He is not going to break the line, his stat's confirm that, he not going to offload and set up 2nd phase attacks , however he is going to give 100%, he is going to punch above his weight and he is going to lift his team mates. I said last year in my humble opinion to my eye he should be 1st rotation prop off the bench and he will continue to churn out the 100m a match which as a coach you need your props to do. He's in my 17 every week off the bench.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I am a member of a few other Dragons forums. It's what you do when you retire and have a love for the club you have loyalty supported since childhood. In these other forums this bloke is copping criticism every week. These are my personal views on this now much maligned player.

I wrote in another forum last year, from the point of view as an old reserve grade coach. Lawrie is that workhorse that every pack needs. He's no star a few years ago he changed his running style, lowering his body mass instead of running upright into the opposition pack, this was mirrored in his running mtrs stats : 2021 - 108m,
He is not going to break the line, his stat's confirm that, he not going to offload and set up 2nd phase attacks , however he is going to give 100%, he is going to punch above his weight and he is going to lift his team mates. I said last year in my humble opinion to my eye he should be 1st rotation prop off the bench and he will continue to churn out the 100m a match which as a coach you need your props to do. He's in my 17 every week off the bench.

Any thoughts?
Sounds about right to me. Worth keeping as long as he isn't taking up much of the cap. Sele seems to have much better leg speed but I think most weeks Blake runs for more metres and makes more tackles.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Sounds about right to me. Worth keeping as long as he isn't taking up much of the cap. Sele seems to have much better leg speed but I think most weeks Blake runs for more metres and makes more tackles.
Well he is signed until 2026, don't know on how much though

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I am a member of a few other Dragons forums. It's what you do when you retire and have a love for the club you have loyaly supported since childhood. In these other forums this bloke is copping criticism every week. These are my personal views on this now much maligned player.

Any thoughts?
Our clown show probably has him on about 750k a year.

When or if Flanno can no longer keep the Couchman's out, I'm not sure Lawrie will be in the 17.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg

Any thoughts?
The way I see it is that the team can only afford Eisenhuth or Lawrie, not both. Because they are both no frills hard workers. 1 of them is good for the balance of the team but 2 is 1 too many.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
The way I see it is that the team can only afford Eisenhuth or Lawrie, not both. Because they are both no frills hard workers. 1 of them is good for the balance of the team but 2 is 1 too many.
2 different types of forwards. Eisenhuth allows JDB to play his natural game and until we find a metre eater prop we really are stuck with Lawrie. Just my views

Eric

Staff
2 different types of forwards. Eisenhuth allows JDB to play his natural game and until we find a metre eater prop we really are stuck with Lawrie. Just my views
Lawrie is all effort and hard work. But without an offload, footwork or a very large number of kgs, I think he doesn't have long left in first grade.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Blake averages 113.7 run metres per game. Not good or bad.
Hame Sele averages 87.5 run metres per game which is pathetic.
Ben Murdoch-Masila averages 62.7 run metres per game. How is this bloke still getting picked every week?
Francis Molo averages 96.6 run metres a game.

I think Francis Molo has the occasional offload in him but so does Blake. Francis Molo also dishes out a few big hits but Blake does that too. Criticism of Blake is fair but he's the best of our middle rotation.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Ben Murdoch-Masila averages 62.7 run metres per game. How is this bloke still getting picked every week?

I think Francis Molo has the occasional offload in him but so does Blake. Francis Molo also dishes out a few big hits but Blake does that too. Criticism of Blake is fair but he's the best of our middle rotation.
Interesting stat. Why was Frank Molo re-signed? I don't know how much he re-signed for but reports in News Ltd were that he was one of the highest paid props in the game. Mike Molo as well. I think Mike might be better than Frank. Not as talented but works much harder.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

Isn't Francis a girls name?

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg

The best props run for more than twice the metres of Molo and Sele. More than 3 times BMM.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

Hence why we won't be playing semi finals football again this season

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
The best props run for more than twice the metres of Molo and Sele. More than 3 times BMM.
Sele has been a real disappointment so far. Actually, all of Flanno's signings or extensions have been bitter disappointments. Lomax is playing well, so is JDB and Su'A. One released early from his contract and the other 2 can't get extensions.