CLUB CULTURE

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Today's DT reporting that Manly who apart from us are in dire straits when it comes to a club and team culture that has been badly damaged since the fallout of the pride jersey incident and losing a beloved coach and character of the club have actually decided to try and do something about it in an effort to save their season. First thing they did was acknowledge that there were issues that needed resolving, secondly they have hired one of the toughest forwards I ever saw play the game Spud Carroll to instil discipline and fitness back into their 30 man squad. It is reported that everyone has bought into Carroll's appointment with Jake T commenting that it has been one of the toughest and intense pre season training he has been involved in. Whether this solves any of the club and teams culture problems at the very least they have acknowledged that there is an issue and taken steps to rectify the problems. Perhaps our management boardroom members could take a leaf out of the silvertails handbook.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Today's DT reporting that Manly who apart from us are in dire straits when it comes to a club and team culture that has been badly damaged since the fallout of the pride jersey incident and losing a beloved coach and character of the club have actually decided to try and do something about it in an effort to save their season. First thing they did was acknowledge that there were issues that needed resolving, secondly they have hired one of the toughest forwards I ever saw play the game Spud Carroll to instil discipline and fitness back into their 30 man squad. It is reported that everyone has bought into Carroll's appointment with Jake T commenting that it has been one of the toughest and intense pre season training he has been involved in. Whether this solves any of the club and teams culture problems at the very least they have acknowledged that there is an issue and taken steps to rectify the problems. Perhaps our management boardroom members could take a leaf out of the silvertails handbook.
Is the culture that bad? Junior it seems did something very stupid. Earlier Paul Vaughan and Corey Norman at the same club was just asking for trouble. Since then, the only issue has been this thing with Junior and he hasn't had his day in court yet. He may be innocent.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Is the culture that bad? Junior it seems did something very stupid. Earlier Paul Vaughan and Corey Norman at the same club was just asking for trouble. Since then, the only issue has been this thing with Junior and he hasn't had his day in court yet. He may be innocent.
Our recruitment and retention team are hopeless, our boardroom is divided, there is no respect for the coach, there is no respect for each other, our clubs patronage is disappearing, our game attendances are plummeting, we give marching orders to 2 assistant coaches, also to a hardened and we'll respected prop forward, we have failed to make semi finals football since 2018, players past and present have openly commented about the coach and club in a negative manner. I honestly believe that until we admit we have a club and team cultural issues and then take the appropriate steps to sweep away the culture from the boardroom to the team we are destined for failure.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
There was also that thing with Burgess. Also Burgess and Gosiewski giving the club a baking on the way out.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Our recruitment and retention team are hopeless, our boardroom is divided, there is no respect for the coach, there is no respect for each other, our clubs patronage is disappearing, our game attendances are plummeting, we give marching orders to 2 assistant coaches, also to a hardened and we'll respected prop forward, we have failed to make semi finals football since 2018, players past and present have openly commented about the coach and club in a negative manner. I honestly believe that until we admit we have a club and team cultural issues and then take the appropriate steps to sweep away the culture from the boardroom to the team we are destined for failure.
But they almost got Brodie Croft......

Eric

Staff
Who is to blame for this mess and who is supposed to be fixing it?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Who is to blame for this mess and who is supposed to be fixing it?
This is just my view in 2011 we were crowned World Club champions after winning our 1st premiership since 1979. We were at our pinnacle on top of the RL World. Instead of shoring up our position and maintaining the excellent standards that this group of players achieved over the previous 3 yrs we rested on our laurels we finished 5th that year. The slide had begun so we ditch our coach or visa versa seeing the writing on the wall 2012 we missed the top 8. There was no contingency plan to stop this slide. New coach that nobody wanted to come and play under has undermined us since. Our retention of our juniors went on the back burner, any talented junior signed elsewhere. Instability, boardroom and football club rifts, poor recruitment and retention, poor coaches lacking a genuine footballing brain, poor team culture have us looking this year at the very best 12th, the very worst scenario fighting for the wooden spoon.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
This is just my view in 2011 we were crowned World Club champions after winning our 1st premiership since 1979. We were at our pinnacle on top of the RL World. Instead of shoring up our position and maintaining the excellent standards that this group of players achieved over the previous 3 yrs we rested on our laurels we finished 5th that year. The slide had begun so we ditch our coach or visa versa seeing the writing on the wall 2012 we missed the top 8. There was no contingency plan to stop this slide. New coach that nobody wanted to come and play under has undermined us since. Our retention of our juniors went on the back burner, any talented junior signed elsewhere. Instability, boardroom and football club rifts, poor recruitment and retention, poor coaches lacking a genuine footballing brain, poor team culture have us looking this year at the very best 12th, the very worst scenario fighting for the wooden spoon.
Bennett? He went for the money at Newcastle.

The rest is very well said.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Bennett? He went for the money at Newcastle.

The rest is very well said.
It was very well said. I created a thread a while ago for particularly intelligent comments but no one seemed interested in it. This one would have certainly made the cut.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
No one arrested so far this off season. Junior not chasing anyone with a hammer anymore. That's good news.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
I'd say the coaches son will be partnering Hunt next season
Yep got rid of Sully who I would have kept over Amone , I was always thinking this would happen , Flanno not signing Sully and then signing his son , now bingo ..... Not against young Flanno playing , might turn out ok ...... The next thing that will happen if Flanno fails is Young jr takes over ...... This club has become so predictable ......