Grand Final thread.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Call me old fashioned. I grew up watching the GF in mid arvo. What atmosphere and sense of occasion that was. These days Nine's greedy grab for viewers means it is held in the evening.. same as the finals. That gets a big thumbs down from me. Just for the record Parra to win the GF by 5 with Mitch Moses outplaying Nathan Cleary to snatch the Kangaroo #7.

Last edited:

Eric

Staff
Call me old fashioned. I grew up watching the GF in mid arvo. What atmosphere and sense of occasion that was. These days Nine's greedy grab for viewers means it is held in the evening.. same as the finals. That gets a big thumbs down from me. Just for the record Parra by 5 with Mitch Moses outplaying Nathan Cleary to snatch the Kangaroo #7.
I can't remember ever being so disinterested in a GF. What's in it for SGI fans? Both clubs far enough away to not compete for juniors more than almost any other club. Ditto for corporate sponsors. No players of ours they are looking to poach and vice-versa (as far as know). No historical grievances. I like to see other clubs struggling through premiership droughts (Parramatta) but Penrith are unbearably arrogant.

What's in this game for a humble St George Illawarra fan?

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I can't remember ever being so disinterested in a GF. What's in it for SGI fans? Both clubs far enough away to not compete for juniors more than almost any other club. Ditto for corporate sponsors. No players of ours they are looking to poach and vice-versa (as far as know). No historical grievances. I like to see other clubs struggling through premiership droughts (Parramatta) but Penrith are unbearably arrogant.

Watch it just because it's the last game of the season.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Good for Penrith fans. Most of them live in Penrith so at least they can be happy about their team.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Panthers premiers U18, U20, Reserves and 1sts. Now that is a club that knows how to build a team from grass roots up. Congratulations

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Call me old fashioned. I grew up watching the GF in mid arvo. What atmosphere and sense of occasion that was. These days Nine's greedy grab for viewers means it is held in the evening.. same as the finals. That gets a big thumbs down from me. Just for the record Parra to win the GF by 5 with Mitch Moses outplaying Nathan Cleary to snatch the Kangaroo #7.
Well at least we agree on the GF time. The rest is history now.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

The pleasure of watching a very good Panthers team

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Panthers premiers U18, U20, Reserves and 1sts. Now that is a club that knows how to build a team from grass roots up. Congratulations
Yes our once famous club has forgotten that art. Pray for another Frank Facer. He wasn't nicknamed 'fearless' for nothing.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Congrats Panthers clearly the better side when the chips were down. Yet to watch the match. Who were the best from both sides.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I think it's also means something good for the Dragons Flegg team. After a disastrous first half, they dominated the second and would have beaten Penrith if not for a few bone headed plays, trying to score off every play when there was still 5min to go and only 6 behind.

Eric

Staff
My personal opinion is that the criticism of how the Panthers have acted post game is justified. I know they are a bunch of morons from out west but even so, some of the things are taking it a little far.