I Fought the Law

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I thought I'd make this thread to discuss issues with police. There seem to be more than enough of them. Whether it's Bud Sullivan driving without a license, Junior allegedly attacking some tradie with a hammer or some QLD based player being charged with rape.

Well-known NRL star charged with raping woman in Brisbane​

A well-known NRL player accused of raping a woman in Brisbane has had his matter mentioned in court for the first time. The footballer did not appear before Brisbane Arrests Court on Wednesday when his matter was brought before magistrate Julian Noud. In court documents, police allege the man raped a woman at a venue in Fortitude Valley in Brisbane in December last year.

Because of Queensland laws prohibiting the identification of people charged with sexual assault or rape offences at this stage of court proceedings, NCA NewsWire is not able to name the man. On Wednesday morning, Mr Noud adjourned the man’s matter to March 6 following a brief appearance by the player’s lawyer. The man remains on bail.
=====================================================================
Firstly, if this is another farce, as with JDB and Sailor, or on an unrelated matter, Josh Starling, there needs to be a very serious investigation into the cops targeting of prominent league players.

If not, I wonder if it's a Dolphins, Broncos or Titans player. The fact he was charged today in Brisbane means it must be from one of those teams. Maybe we'll find out when he doesn't run out for a trial game this weekend.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I thought I'd make this thread to discuss issues with police. There seem to be more than enough of them. Whether it's Bud Sullivan driving without a license, Junior allegedly attacking some tradie with a hammer or some QLD based player being charged with rape.

Well-known NRL star charged with raping woman in Brisbane​

A well-known NRL player accused of raping a woman in Brisbane has had his matter mentioned in court for the first time. The footballer did not appear before Brisbane Arrests Court on Wednesday when his matter was brought before magistrate Julian Noud. In court documents, police allege the man raped a woman at a venue in Fortitude Valley in Brisbane in December last year.

Because of Queensland laws prohibiting the identification of people charged with sexual assault or rape offences at this stage of court proceedings, NCA NewsWire is not able to name the man. On Wednesday morning, Mr Noud adjourned the man’s matter to March 6 following a brief appearance by the player’s lawyer. The man remains on bail.
=====================================================================
Firstly, if this is another farce, as with JDB and Sailor, or on an unrelated matter, Josh Starling, there needs to be a very serious investigation into the cops targeting of prominent league players.

If not, I wonder if it's a Dolphins, Broncos or Titans player. The fact he was charged today in Brisbane means it must be from one of those teams. Maybe we'll find out when he doesn't run out for a trial game this weekend.
Knowing the current culture at the Dragons, Ben Hunt probably went back to Brisbane for a weekend trip at the time.

That aside, you make the best thread names!

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I'm biased so won't comment much on this post but I am aware of the identity of the alleged offender in Brisbane and it wasn't Hunt he is a Bronco player

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I'm biased so won't comment much on this post but I am aware of the identity of the alleged offender in Brisbane and it wasn't Hunt he is a Bronco player
Well, of course I hope it's just some kind of misunderstanding but if it has to be a Broncos player, I hope it's one of their better players.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

Jarryd Hayne sent to jail​

Jarryd Hayne has been taken into jail after having his bail revoked as he waits to learn his jail term after being convicted of sexually assaulting a woman.

Hayne will be sentenced to a prison term when he faces sentencing proceedings on May 8 after he was found guilty of sexually assaulting a woman in 2018.

Hayne was earlier this month convicted by a jury of a sexually assaulting a woman at her Newcastle home on NRL grand final night on September 2018.

The 35-year-old last week walked out of Sydney’s Downing Centre District Court on conditional bail before he faces sentencing proceedings in less than four weeks.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know he's been found guilty twice but I can't understand how he assaulted her while her mother was in the next room and never had any idea anything was going on. Surely she could have screamed or something like that.

Eric

Staff

Jarryd Hayne has been taken into jail after having his bail revoked as he waits to learn his jail term after being convicted of sexually assaulting a woman.

Hayne will be sentenced to a prison term when he faces sentencing proceedings on May 8 after he was found guilty of sexually assaulting a woman in 2018.

Hayne was earlier this month convicted by a jury of a sexually assaulting a woman at her Newcastle home on NRL grand final night on September 2018.

The 35-year-old last week walked out of Sydney’s Downing Centre District Court on conditional bail before he faces sentencing proceedings in less than four weeks.
I know he's been found guilty twice but I can't understand how he assaulted her while her mother was in the next room and never had any idea anything was going on. Surely she could have screamed or something like that.
I don't know about Hayne. It's strange but he settled out of court for something similar in the US and was found guilty twice so.....

But to the point, there is a specific tool you can use for page breaks like this

In the tools at the top, on the far right there are 3 horizontal dots. Click it and then the line tool.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

Sexual offences are extremely difficult to prove. In the end it's usually comes down to who's version of the event that the jury believes when there has been an admission that the sex had taken place. It's a very serious offence which will definitely come with a substantial jail sentence. I always found these types of offences extremely difficult to investigate and prove beyond reasonable doubt.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Sexual offences are extremely difficult to prove. In the end it's usually comes down to who's version of the event that the jury believes when there has been an admission that the sex had taken place. It's a very serious offence which will definitely come with a substantial jail sentence. I always found these types of offences extremely difficult to investigate and prove beyond reasonable doubt.
My personal feeling, which is probably wrong, is that if it comes down to the word of person A over person B, the verdict should be innocent but I feel these days the accused male has to prove his innocence. The thing with JDB was a farce. The moment it was known the cops were lying and concealing evidence, the case should have been thrown out. And that happened very early in the proceedings.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup

Dragons prop banned after pleading guilty to domestic violence charge​

Dragons forward Francis Molo has been suspended and fined by the NRL in regards to an off-field incident last year. Molo was charged with stalking or intimidating with intent to cause fear of physical or mental harm in a domestic setting on December 17.

The 28-year-old pleaded guilty in February and was sentenced to an 18-month conditional release order and was issued an apprehended violence order for a period of two years.

I think his brother might be better anyway.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup

Dragons prop banned after pleading guilty to domestic violence charge​

Dragons forward Francis Molo has been suspended and fined by the NRL in regards to an off-field incident last year. Molo was charged with stalking or intimidating with intent to cause fear of physical or mental harm in a domestic setting on December 17.

The 28-year-old pleaded guilty in February and was sentenced to an 18-month conditional release order and was issued an apprehended violence order for a period of two years.

I think his brother might be better anyway.
He's proven himself as another dud signing. Has a good game, relatively good game, every 5 or 6 games he plays.