LAST THROW OF THE DICE 2022

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Ok been thinking about what we can do resuscitate our dying season. As a coach you have a responsibility to ensure that you give your club every opportunity to make the semi finals. So this is what I took away from yesterday's debacle. I'm open to your comments but what we have now isn't working we leak too many points and we were leaderless yesterday. Its time for the coach to think outside the box. Next week against the Rorters my team would be.
1. Ramsay
2. Feigai
3. Suli
4. Lomax
5. Sloan (Rav is gone for season, Im open to swapping1/5)
6. Amone/Sullivan ( not both 1 drops out of the 17 personally for me due to his lack of defence Amone back to NSW Cup. There was one tackle yesterday he turned his shoulder into the oncoming ball carrier and actually tackled with his head first)
7. Hunt (We missed him yesterday)
8. Lawrie
9. McCullough
10. JDB ( I hate picking him at prop but there really is no option)
11. Sims
12. Sua
13. Bird
14. Muhleisen
15. Mbye
16. Molo
17. Woods

That's it we can't just simply plod along with what we have. Just my views.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Ok been thinking about what we can do resuscitate our dying season. As a coach you have a responsibility to ensure that you give your club every opportunity to make the semi finals. So this is what I took away from yesterday's debacle. I'm open to your comments but what we have now isn't working we leak too many points and we were leaderless yesterday. Its time for the coach to think outside the box. Next week against the Rorters my team would be.
1. Ramsay
2. Feigai
3. Suli
4. Lomax
6. Amone/Sullivan ( not both 1 drops out of the 17 personally for me due to his lack of defence Amone back to NSW Cup. There was one tackle yesterday he turned his shoulder into the oncoming ball carrier and actually tackled with his head first)
8. Lawrie
9. McCullough
11. Sims
12. Sua
13. Bird
14. Muhleisen
15. Mbye
16. Molo
17. Woods

Mbye, McCullough and Muhleisen in the 17? One has to go. Definitely swap 1 and 5. Agree about JDB and Sims will be sitting out some weeks. I'd say at least 2.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Mbye, McCullough and Muhleisen in the 17? One has to go. Definitely swap 1 and 5. Agree about JDB and Sims will be sitting out some weeks. I'd say at least 2.
Probably correct about Sims then my man Gosiewski who scored again yesterday in reserves. Mbye did nothing wrong when he came on and if you were there yesterday watching what I was live personally I would have hooked Amone and put Mbye on we just needed that extra experience in the halves that may have given us more structure and Sullivan more options for 2 blokes who have played junior football together they looked like strangers or the alternative view is the coach restricted their individual flair with too much over coaching

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Probably correct about Sims then my man Gosiewski who scored again yesterday in reserves. Mbye did nothing wrong when he came on and if you were there yesterday watching what I was live personally I would have hooked Amone and put Mbye on we just needed that extra experience in the halves that may have given us more structure and Sullivan more options for 2 blokes who have played junior football together they looked like strangers or the alternative view is the coach restricted their individual flair with too much over coaching
Probably would have knocked around his confidence a lot to hook him.

Eric

Staff
1. Ramsay
2. Feigai
3. Suli
4. Lomax
8. Lawrie
9. McCullough
11. Sims
12. Sua
13. Bird
14. Muhleisen
15. Mbye
16. Molo
17. Woods

I'd go with Feagai's on both wings.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I'd go with:
  1. Ramsey (Sloan can hone his game and put on a few more kgs in NSW Cup for this year because Ramsey is going ok.)
  2. Feagai (he's so dangerous when he gets the ball and runs hard. But he does it so rarely)
  3. Suli
  4. Lomax
  5. Feagai
  6. Amone
  7. Hunt (Sullivan needs to do the same as Sloan but put his running game away for a little and work on game management.
  8. Lawrie
  9. Muhleisen
  10. JDB (agree with what JoDragon said above. He's better at lock but because the coach failed so miserably with recruitment, JDB has to play prop)
  11. Sims (after he serves his suspension)
  12. Su'a
  13. Bird
14. Woods
15. Mbye
16. M. Molo
17. F. Molo

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Probably would have knocked around his confidence a lot to hook him.
Coaching is a really tough gig which requires tough decisions. In my view he has had ample opportunities to shine and to me personally I would not have him in my run on team from now on. His defence has not improved one bit all season in fact he now rates No.12 in order of players who have missed most tackles this season, he offered very little in attack apart from a right step, he has had only 9 try assists and only scored 1 try, he has only made 5 linebreaks this season, you look at those stats to appear from your ball playing forwards not one of your primary playmakers. His kicking game was atrocious yesterday and the real difference in the halves was clearly seen yesterday to me. In the 1st half he and Sullivan linked to send Ramsay over untouched but when they tried that move again in the 2nd half Reynolds shut it down very quickly, that is the difference experience, confidence and learning by your mistakes quickly. Just my views

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Coaching is a really tough gig which requires tough decisions. In my view he has had ample opportunities to shine and to me personally I would not have him in my run on team from now on. His defence has not improved one bit all season in fact he now rates No.12 in order of players who have missed most tackles this season, he offered very little in attack apart from a right step, he has had only 9 try assists and only scored 1 try, he has only made 5 linebreaks this season, you look at those stats to appear from your ball playing forwards not one of your primary playmakers. His kicking game was atrocious yesterday and the real difference in the halves was clearly seen yesterday to me. In the 1st half he and Sullivan linked to send Ramsay over untouched but when they tried that move again in the 2nd half Reynolds shut it down very quickly, that is the difference experience, confidence and learning by your mistakes quickly. Just my views
Hmmmmm good point. He certainly hasn't kicked on how we hoped he would.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
He's been in first grade almost a year now. Making excuses for his lack of experience is starting to wear thin.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
He's been in first grade almost a year now. Making excuses for his lack of experience is starting to wear thin.
In my view he has had ample opportunities and yesterday I expected him to lead the team around the park all we got was around in a circle
He's been in first grade almost a year now. Making excuses for his lack of experience is starting to

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Hmmmmm good point. He certainly hasn't kicked on how we hoped he would.
No he hasn't as I said before it's a big step up from playing U20s and reserves not many make the transition unfortunately for us it appears Amone is one of those unable to transition

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
No he hasn't as I said before it's a big step up from playing U20s and reserves not many make the transition unfortunately for us it appears Amone is one of those unable to transition
I'm not as negative as you but I agree, it's time he started doing better and more consistently better from now.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I'm not as negative as you but I agree, it's time he started doing better and more consistently better from
The stats are facts if the facts aren't positive then alas for us they must be negative. It has nothing to do with me. He has been brought along slowly enough what I saw yesterday was a player not ready to assume some leadership and responsibility.

Eric

Staff
I'm thinking it might be an idea to give Bud Sullivan a go partnering Hunt.
I'm not as negative as you but I agree, it's time he started doing better and more consistently better from now.
You people are hard markers. It was only a couple weeks ago we were praising him for the game against Souths.

He's still 19, isn't he? Still eligible for Jersey Flegg! He had a hard day yesterday but lets not banish him to Group 6 just yet.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
You people are hard markers. It was only a couple weeks ago we were praising him for the game against Souths.

He's still 19, isn't he? Still eligible for Jersey Flegg! He had a hard day yesterday but lets not banish him to Group 6 just yet.
True but he's not developed enough into 1st grade standard especially his defence

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

You could argue he was merely "less bad" against Souffs.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
You could argue he was merely "less bad" against Souffs.
He was good against Souths. Lets give credit where it's due. I don't know what his stats were but for memory, a couple of line breaks, some really nice kicks and very few missed tackles.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
He was good against Souths. Lets give credit where it's due. I don't know what his stats were but for memory, a couple of line breaks, some really nice kicks and very few missed tackles.
Maybe. That game seems like an age ago now. On balance for the year, he has been poor and seemingly not getting better.