RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Would have been an awesome fight. Mitchell has him for power but Wighton would be faster, fitter and better at avoiding punches. If it got into a wrestle, Mitchell probably won. If they were standing up, throwing punches, I'm going with Wighton.

Latrell Mitchell and Jack Wighton arrested after alleged birthday incident​

NRL players Latrell Mitchell and Jack Wighton have been arrested following an alleged incident in Canberra in the early hours of Sunday morning. The New South Wales State of Origin duo are now being investigated by the NRL integrity unit.

According to reports the pair were out celebrating Wighton’s 30th birthday, before allegedly having a fight between themselves, reportedly no more than a "friendly wrestle". ACT Police confirmed their arrest in a statement. "Two men - a 30-year-old from Bywong, NSW and a 25-year-old man from Chifley, NSW - were arrested at the scene," the police said.

"The 30-year-old has been charged with fight in a public place and fail to comply with an exclusion direction, while the 25-year-old has been charged with fight in a public place, affray, and resist territory public official. They are expected to face the ACT Magistrates Court at a later date."

Both players' respective clubs - the South Sydney Rabbitohs and Canberra Raiders - have issued similar statements. "The South Sydney Rabbitohs are aware of an alleged incident involving Latrell Mitchell this morning in Canberra," the Rabbitohs' statement read. "The Rabbitohs have informed the NRL Integrity Unit about the alleged incident. "The Rabbitohs will be making no further comment at this stage."

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Would have been an awesome fight. Mitchell has him for power but Wighton would be faster, fitter and better at avoiding punches. If it got into a wrestle, Mitchell probably won. If they were standing up, throwing punches, I'm going with Wighton.

NRL players Latrell Mitchell and Jack Wighton have been arrested following an alleged incident in Canberra in the early hours of Sunday morning. The New South Wales State of Origin duo are now being investigated by the NRL integrity unit.

According to reports the pair were out celebrating Wighton’s 30th birthday, before allegedly having a fight between themselves, reportedly no more than a "friendly wrestle". ACT Police confirmed their arrest in a statement. "Two men - a 30-year-old from Bywong, NSW and a 25-year-old man from Chifley, NSW - were arrested at the scene," the police said.

"The 30-year-old has been charged with fight in a public place and fail to comply with an exclusion direction, while the 25-year-old has been charged with fight in a public place, affray, and resist territory public official. They are expected to face the ACT Magistrates Court at a later date."

Both players' respective clubs - the South Sydney Rabbitohs and Canberra Raiders - have issued similar statements. "The South Sydney Rabbitohs are aware of an alleged incident involving Latrell Mitchell this morning in Canberra," the Rabbitohs' statement read. "The Rabbitohs have informed the NRL Integrity Unit about the alleged incident. "The Rabbitohs will be making no further comment at this stage."
Mitchell is an aggressive beast on the field. Would be interesting to know if he walks the walk off the field.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
If you can't hold your piss and be a happy drunk then don't bloody drink too much, seriously these blokes are role models for children and whether it was a play fight or not it's just a bad bloody look.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
If you can't hold your piss and be a happy drunk then don't bloody drink too much, seriously these blokes are role models for children and whether it was a play fight or not it's just a bad bloody look.
Looks like they were just messing around. A few drinks until 4am, a little play wrestling and the cops pounce. If that's really what happened something needs to be done about these cops!

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup

I'd definitely go with Wighton.

Eric

Staff
Anyone want to make predictions on the ladder at the end of the regular season?
  1. Penrith
  2. Melbourne
  3. North QLD
  4. Rorters
  5. Canberra
  6. Parramatta
  7. Souffs
  8. Shonkies
    (It makes me physically ill to back Rorters, Souffs and Shonkies to finish ahead of us🤮)
  9. Gold Coast
  10. Manly
  11. Broncos
  12. Grubs
    (I just vomited again🤮)
  13. Warriors
  14. Newcastle
  15. Dolphins
  16. St George Illawarra
  17. Wests Tigers

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
  1. Penrith
  2. Roosters (Holding my nose)
  3. Melbourne
  4. North QLD
  5. Souths
  6. Canberra
  7. Parramatta
  8. Broncos
  9. Gold Coast
  10. Manly
  11. Canterbury
  12. Cronulla
  13. Warriors
  14. Dolphins
  15. St George Illawarra
  16. Newcastle
  17. Wests Tigers

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
  1. Penrith
  2. Melbourne
  3. North QLD
  4. Canberra
  5. Rorters
  6. Souffs
  7. Parramatta
  8. Manly
  9. Broncos
  10. Gold Coast
  11. Cronulla
  12. St. George Illawarra
  13. Canterbury
  14. Dolphins
  15. Warriors
  16. Newcastle
  17. Wests Tigers

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
1. Panthers
2. Cowboys
3. Roosters
4. Storm
5. Souths
6. Sharks
7. Broncos
8. Eels
9. Sea Eagles
10. Bulldogs
11. Raiders
12. Dragons
13. Titans
14. Knights
15. Tigers
16. Warriors
17. Dolphins

Eric

Staff
I thought the World Club Challenge was a really good game. I wonder if Griffin's reputation has reached the ESL and none of their players want to come to the Dragons to play under him.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Jackson Ford is playing really well for the Warriors. Another Dragons junior Hook didn't rate. I know it's only a trial but looks promising for the Warriors and Jackson Ford at this stage.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I thought the World Club Challenge was a really good game. I wonder if Griffin's reputation has reached the ESL and none of their players want to come to the Dragons to play under him.
St Helens personify what is truly meant by having a great culture team spirit discipline. Up until last year had the same coach and basically the same group of players. Their coach who is now the understudy to Bennett was highly regarded and revered by the players. There is not a chance whilst my ar#$ points to the ground any will come to our club

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Jackson Ford is playing really well for the Warriors. Another Dragons junior Hook didn't rate. I know it's only a trial but looks promising for the Warriors and Jackson Ford at this stage.
Same can be said for so many of our disguards

Eric

Staff
Based on the trials I have seen, I'm changing my prediction.
  1. Melbourne
  2. North QLD
  3. Penrith
  4. Rorters
  5. Souffs
  6. Parramatta
  7. Canberra
  8. Manly
  9. Shonkies
    (It makes me physically ill to back Rorters, Souffs and Shonkies to finish ahead of us🤮)
  10. Gold Coast
  11. Broncos
  12. Grubs
    (I just vomited again🤮)
  13. Warriors
  14. Newcastle
  15. Dolphins
  16. Wests Tigers
  17. St George Illawarra

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Based on the trials I have seen, I'm changing my prediction.
  1. Melbourne
  2. North QLD
  3. Penrith
  4. Rorters
  5. Souffs
  6. Parramatta
  7. Canberra
  8. Manly
  9. Shonkies
  10. Gold Coast
  11. Broncos
  12. Grubs
    (I just vomited again🤮)
  13. Warriors
  14. Newcastle
  15. Dolphins
  16. Wests Tigers
  17. St George Illawarra
Very harsh placing us last.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
After watching the trials this weekend, Gold Coast to be this year's North QLD. Tigers, having gotten rid of dead wood, Liddle and Musgrove and promoting good, young players are going to be much improved. Penrith have lost of lot with Korosau and Kikau.
  1. Melbourne
  2. North QLD
  3. Penrith
  4. Gold Coast
  5. Rorters
  6. Souffs
  7. Parramatta
  8. Manly
  9. Cronulla
  10. Wests Tigers
  11. Canberra
  12. Broncos
  13. Bullgrubs
  14. Warriors
  15. Newcastle
  16. Dolphins
  17. St George Illawarra

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
After watching the trials this weekend, Gold Coast to be this year's North QLD. Tigers, having gotten rid of dead wood, Liddle and Musgrove and promoting good, young players are going to be much improved. Penrith have lost of lot with Korosau and Kikau.
  1. Melbourne
  2. North QLD
  3. Penrith
  4. Gold Coast
  5. Rorters
  6. Souffs
  7. Parramatta
  8. Manly
  9. Cronulla
  10. Wests Tigers
  11. Canberra
  12. Broncos
  13. Bullgrubs
  14. Warriors
  15. Newcastle
  16. Dolphins
  17. St George Illawarra
Another wooden spoon. In my view we won't be getting the spoon

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Yes but not cellar dwellers
Look at the team lists and trial form, it's out of the Dragons and Dolphins for the spoon. I believe Bennett will lift the Dolphins above the Dragons. And the team list for them is probably better than ours.