Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Good game between the Panthers and Manly tonight. Just goes to show, the Dragons really aren't that far away. At least not recently. Under Griffin we were a mile off and falling further behind quite fast.

But what a monumental brain-snap from our old junior Reuben Garrick. If not for that, it was game on!

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Good game between the Panthers and Manly tonight. Just goes to show, the Dragons really aren't that far away. At least not recently. Under Griffin we were a mile off and falling further behind quite fast.

But what a monumental brain-snap from our old junior Reuben Garrick. If not for that, it was game on!
Wish he was still at the club. He has been a consistently good player for the seagulls

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Bullgrubs couch is talking about how well they trained during the week after another thrashing:ROFLMAO:. He is signed for 5 years!!!! Things could be worse at the Dragons.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Bullgrubs couch is talking about how well they trained during the week after another thrashing:ROFLMAO:. He is signed for 5 years!!!! Things could be worse at the Dragons.
I used an anology earlier this year on another forum . Coaching is akin to being a top jockey in racing. Ability, effort and planning to just name 3, will get you so far. But like that top class jockey who is booked to ride a horse with certain amount of ability, if a coach doesn't have the quality and ability to work with, train and mould then you are just another coach/ jockey in the crowd. No doubt Ciraldo has the coaching ability but the cattle he is training just dont as a whole reach their potential or ability.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I used an anology earlier this year on another forum . Coaching is akin to being a top jockey in racing. Ability, effort and planning to just name 3, will get you so far. But like that top class jockey who is booked to ride a horse with certain amount of ability, if a coach doesn't have the quality and ability to work with, train and mould then you are just another coach/ jockey in the crowd. No doubt Ciraldo has the coaching ability but the cattle he is training just dont as a whole reach their potential or ability.
Isn't that a contradiction? "They trained well" is a sign the coach is lost for answers, IMO.

Apart from LU, is there another forum?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
F
Isn't that a contradiction? "They trained well" is a sign the coach is lost for answers, IMO.

Apart from LU, is there another forum?
No not a contradiction, what im saying is you can have the best jockey/coach in the world but if the horse/ players arent up to it it doesn't matter, you can only get the best out of what you have. Facebook has 3 forums, The Mad Dragons, St George Illawarra Dragons Fans Utd and Dragons forever.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
F

No not a contradiction, what im saying is you can have the best jockey/coach in the world but if the horse/ players arent up to it it doesn't matter, you can only get the best out of what you have. Facebook has 3 forums, The Mad Dragons, St George Illawarra Dragons Fans Utd and Dragons forever.
The owner of Facebook called users "dumb fucks". Your information is their product but they don't pay for that information.

As for the Dogs, I think their roster is pretty decent. Should be playing much better than they are but I'm happy they aren't.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
When Gaz abrubtly retired the NRL came out and said publicly his money would still count in the salary cap.

Fair enough other clubs would rort the system with back-ended deals.

So why TF do the Bullgrubs apparently now have TPJs salary cap money freed up?

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
When Gaz abrubtly retired the NRL came out and said publicly his money would still count in the salary cap.

Why indeed.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

They want us to believe he walked away from a 750k contract in order to try and gain a few 1000 a fight. Which he can have no more than 4 or 5 a year.

They must think the general public are idiots.

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup

You should work in the NRL or at least in the media. The day after you say that, there's this:

‘I’m not buying the fairy tale’: Dogs questioned over TJP payout​

The Bulldogs have been questioned over the shock departure of Tevita Pangai Jr which has suddenly freed up $500,000 on their salary cap next season. Pangai Jr made the stunning call to play the final three games of the season then quit rugby league to pursue a career in heavyweight boxing.

Eric

Staff
That was a damn shame that game last night. I was hoping Rorters and Shonkies would miss the finals but looks like they both might make it.

So the first story was that he had abruptly retired without any pressure. Fair enough.
But now they are saying they paid him 250k. So if he just retired without any pressure, why did he need to get paid anything?
It's an overt scam.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
That was a damn shame that game last night. I was hoping Rorters and Shonkies would miss the finals but looks like they both might make it.

So the first story was that he had abruptly retired without any pressure. Fair enough.
But now they are saying they paid him 250k. So if he just retired without any pressure, why did he need to get paid anything?
It's an overt scam.
It's not what you know. It's what you can prove.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

Who your club is paying to play elsewhere?​

• Nathan Brown (Roosters) being paid $350,000 by Eels until end of 2023
  • Nick Cotric (Raiders) being paid $150,000 by Bulldogs until end of 2025
  • Dallin Watene-Zelezniak (Warriors) being paid $400,000 by Bulldogs until end of 2024
  • Corey Allan (Roosters) being paid $180,000 by the Bulldogs until end of 2023
  • David Klemmer (Tigers) being paid $400,000 by Knights until end of 2023
  • Jake Clifford (Hull FC) being paid $100,000 by Knights until end of 2023
  • Charlie Staines (Tigers) being paid $200,000 by Panthers until end of 2023
  • Waqa Blake (Eels) being paid $200,000 by Panthers until the end of 2023
  • Jacob Liddle (Dragons) being paid $50,000 by Tigers until end of 2023
  • Zane Musgrove (Dragons) being paid $125,000 by Tigers until end of 2024
  • Joe Ofahengaue (Eels) being paid $150,000 by Tigers until end of 2025
  • Jackson Hastings (Tigers) being paid $100,000 by Tigers until end of 2023
  • Ken Maumalo (Titans) being paid $100,000 by Tigers until end of 2023
  • Oliver Gildart (Leigh) being paid $50,000 by Tigers until end of 2023

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

• Dallin Watene-Zelezniak (Warriors) being paid $400,000 by Bulldogs until end of 2024
Bullgrubs must be in a world of salary cap hurt!!

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg

Canterbury can't import so many already established stars, and that's what Kikau, Burton, JAC, Mahony, Thompson, TPJ were. It was only this year they got Coric off the books as well. Hell, even Kyle Flanagan is on very decent money! They can't have so many and not be in serious salary trouble. Problem is apart from those already established stars, do they have anyone else worth poaching?

Then there is Manly. At this stage, for next season they'll have 4 players earning more than our highest paid! Anyone watched Josh Schuster play 5/8? Lazy AF but has some serious ball skills. I think he and Hunt would suit each others game because Hunt is busy but lacks ball skills. If we could get jodragon40 jodragon40 in every other week to give Schuster a razz, I think he would be good. And Manly would probably pay at least half his 800k a year contract.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Canterbury can't import so many already established stars, and that's what Kikau, Burton, JAC, Mahony, Thompson, TPJ were. It was only this year they got Coric off the books as well. Hell, even Kyle Flanagan is on very decent money! They can't have so many and not be in serious salary trouble. Problem is apart from those already established stars, do they have anyone else worth poaching?

Then there is Manly. At this stage, for next season they'll have 4 players earning more than our highest paid! Anyone watched Josh Schuster play 5/8? Lazy AF but has some serious ball skills. I think he and Hunt would suit each others game because Hunt is busy but lacks ball skills. If we could get jodragon40 jodragon40 in every other week to give Schuster a razz, I think he would be good. And Manly would probably pay at least half his 800k a year contract.
My honest opinion of Schuster is with his skills he would make a marvellous edge forward, he is not a 5/8 arsehole. He takes too long to think and as a 5/8 that is not a quality that you want in that position. In my team once he loses his spare tyre everyday of the week a lock or 2nd rower.

Eric

Staff
My honest opinion of Schuster is with his skills he would make a marvellous edge forward, he is not a 5/8 arsehole. He takes too long to think and as a 5/8 that is not a quality that you want in that position. In my team once he loses his spare tyre everyday of the week a lock or 2nd rower.
Seems too slow to be an edge forward and not good enough defender, maybe too soft, to be a middle forward to me. But what would I know? Where are you at present? On vacation again?

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup

I like the idea of recruiting Schuster and Jo Dragon to give him a regular razz. (I'm not sure what a razz is but it sounds good)

Broncos also have some very serious salary cap issues coming up. They say Walsh will need at least double the 450k he's on now and Mam at least 3x the 250k he's on now. And they want to extend Adam Reynolds for another year.