Other Clubs in 2024

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
The intense three-way battle for Penrith and NSW star Jarome Luai is becoming clearer with Canterbury emerging as favourites to secure the off-contract Panther. The Bulldogs dropped out of the race for Fonua-Blake on Tuesday. However, they remain intent on securing Luai and appear prepared to meet his wishes for a five-year deal worth more than $5 million.

Phil Gould thinks of himself as being above the salary cap. They outbid all comers for JAC, Crighton, Kikau, Burton, Mahony and now Luai as well?

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
The intense three-way battle for Penrith and NSW star Jarome Luai is becoming clearer with Canterbury emerging as favourites to secure the off-contract Panther. The Bulldogs dropped out of the race for Fonua-Blake on Tuesday. However, they remain intent on securing Luai and appear prepared to meet his wishes for a five-year deal worth more than $5 million.

Phil Gould thinks of himself as being above the salary cap. They outbid all comers for JAC, Crighton, Kikau, Burton, Mahony and now Luai as well?
Analysis = true
But I think his arrogance might come back to bite dogs.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
On a brighter note we are favourites to sign AFB please make it happen then 2025 may come to fruition, semi finals football

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Jack Wighton is considering ending his retirement from rep football. Wants to play Origin again. I'm originally from down there so I think that makes me eligible for NSW selection. But I'm announcing here first that I'm retiring from rep football, specifically Origin. Because I have just about as much chance as Wighton.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Jack Wighton is considering ending his retirement from rep football. Wants to play Origin again. I'm originally from down there so I think that makes me eligible for NSW selection. But I'm announcing here first that I'm retiring from rep football, specifically Origin. Because I have just about as much chance as Wighton.
His best if definitely behind him but I reckon Wighton is still a gun. Not too many centres or 5/8s in front of him.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Trial game between the Bullgrubs and Shonkies is a real bludger. Grubs started with almost their best team and Shonkies were down to 12 for 10min and Grubs have still only scored one try. Maybe the Dragons won't bring home the spoon after all.

Drew Hutchison playing halfback was possibly the worst player on the field. I think he might do ok as a 5/8 but not halfback. So if Grubs drop him and Flanno Jnr doesn't work out, there is a possible 5/8. He'd probably like to come home as well.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Trial game between the Bullgrubs and Shonkies is a real bludger. Grubs started with almost their best team and Shonkies were down to 12 for 10min and Grubs have still only scored one try. Maybe the Dragons won't bring home the spoon after all.

Drew Hutchison playing halfback was possibly the worst player on the field. I think he might do ok as a 5/8 but not halfback. So if Grubs drop him and Flanno Jnr doesn't work out, there is a possible 5/8. He'd probably like to come home as well.
DT also talking about how maybe he isn't the solution to the Dogs halfback problem. i.e. insinuating he had a shocker.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I just saw the "double movement" try in the World Club Challenge game everyone is talking about. I thought the call was correct. At worst benefit of the doubt. It looked like if anything the Penrith player pulled the ball toward the line, accidentally being disorientated in the wrestle or on purpose trying to get a penalty.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I just saw the "double movement" try in the World Club Challenge game everyone is talking about. I thought the call was correct. At worst benefit of the doubt. It looked like if anything the Penrith player pulled the ball toward the line, accidentally being disorientated in the wrestle or on purpose trying to get a penalty.
Was 50-50. Not the worst call either way and Penrith should STFU and conceded defeat graciously. Though I thought right at the end, when the all momentum had stopped, the Wigan played pulled it toward the line. But as I said, 50-50. Could have gone either way.

Eric

Staff
With Tom Turbo playing, Manly will be very hard to beat this year.

How good would it be to have a fullback who can beat tackles with speed or footwork or just run over the top of defenders? I know other top fullbacks like Edwards, Walsh and Papenhouzen can't do that but they are always around the ball and run as if they aren't afraid of being smashed. Which I think is why they are smashed far less often than Sloan.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
With Tom Turbo playing, Manly will be very hard to beat this year.

How good would it be to have a fullback who can beat tackles with speed or footwork or just run over the top of defenders? I know other top fullbacks like Edwards, Walsh and Papenhouzen can't do that but they are always around the ball and run as if they aren't afraid of being smashed. Which I think is why they are smashed far less often than Sloan.
Looks like it will be a pretty even competition. Any number of teams might go well. I think we can put a line through Souths but wouldn't right off the Broncos just yet. Roosters looking like they'll be hard to beat. A lot depends on how Tedesco can maintain his form.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Massive surprise Melbourne, without Munster beating Penrith and holding them to zero. This years premiership is wide open.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
They are very unhappy over at the Kennel forum. Saying the only difference between now and previously years is they are paying Gus and Ciraldo huge money.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Interesting. Over at the Kennel forum they are saying Burton is a complete rubbish 5/8. I don't watch enough of the Dogs to say but it's nice they can say their opinions no matter how unpopular or how much others don't want to believe it.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Looking forward to the Souths-Broncos game because I think it'll reveal one of the heavily favoured teams in the off-season as a pretender. Might be a bit early but pressure will be on.

Eric

Staff
Looking forward to the Souths-Broncos game because I think it'll reveal one of the heavily favoured teams in the off-season as a pretender. Might be a bit early but pressure will be on.
I'd lIke to see the Donkeys lose because Souffs are already cooked.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

I thought a few things.
  • It was an accidental head clash. Nothing in it and shouldn't have been a penalty.
  • If it happened to a Dragons player, no way a penalty would've been awarded.
  • If it was Zac Lomax who did it, he would have been binned.
  • If it was JDB, he would have been binned and suspended for about 4 weeks.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
As long as the Grubs lose to Gold Coast in the first game today, at least that will be going right. 2 of our arch enemies, Grubs and Souffs in deep trouble. Much worse than the Dragons. Especially Grubs. They might need another rebuild before the first is even finished with a coach on big money for another 4 years. That will be more fun to watch than most Dragons games.