Round 1 Titans v Dragons

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Thanks Jo. Sloan sure has some acceleration
As I mentioned earlier Sloan is too good in attack to drop, he proved that again tonight. Defensively he was far far better he made 10 tackles and missed 1. That is an outstanding improvement. Lomax well trust me he wasn't playing wing. He was taking the ball up usually 2nd hit up in the middle of the park when we were returningthe kick. Now our other winger Rav ran for 58m no fault of his but Flanagan has identified Lomax and tonight it worked. Lomax stat's were outstanding 25 runs for 234m, 1 try, his jumping ability defused the drop outs. Su'a was again our best forward ran for 152m, followed by M Molo 120m. Our missed tackle count was , wait for it, 17 that is a top 4 teams statistic, the issue is how consistent can they be in this area. My main issue is defence in the middle of the park Fa'asuamaleaui was outstanding running for 212m and Fotuiaka 120m. Titans avg 45m a set we avg under 40m a set. Defensive line speed in the middle of the park wasn't good. Defence in our red zone outstanding against a team that lacked ideas missing their play maker Foran. Savour the win, confidence will grow next week Dolphins.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Just a mention to young Flanno , good controlled game ......... Amone who ? plus Liddle great game two rejects .......
Tempered by the opponent he was playing against. It was that kids, Weaver 4th game and 1st starting game. I'll hold judgement on Flanagan but he played well last night against a rookie and scored his 1st try in the big red v so kudos to him

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Tempered by the opponent he was playing against. It was that kids, Weaver 4th game and 1st starting game. I'll hold judgement on Flanagan but he played well last night against a rookie and scored his 1st try in the big red v so kudos to him
It was just great to see the whole team go ok , long way to go yet ....... I said in my posts that Flanno will improve the players by 10, 20 and 30 percent more we will be competitive ........ And he is playing to our strengths ........ If we can string together 3 and 4 games it will go a long way to changing our season ...... I for one not big on stats , players from previous teams in house players , many reasons for those stats , players not getting much game time , dud coaches , look at the difference last night different coach some personal bests in players ....... So stats to me can change ........ So for now as long as we are in games to the end Ill be happy ....... We will really know how we are after a couple of loses , whether they bounce back or they drop off ....... Time will tell but it has to be better than the last 5 years .........

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
What a game! Dragons really dominated the middle 3rd. As expected Lomax was outstanding. Bird didn't do anything wrong or anything particularity right.
3. Lomax
2. Sloan
1. Liddle

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Really good team effort. Really hard to choose bet bu I'll give it a shot.
  1. Lomax
  2. Liddle
  3. Sloan
The best thing about the win is no one even thinking about Ben Hunt being our best. Nothing against Hunt, no hurt feelings by his actions last year, just the team is much better when Hunt is only getting his hands on the ball around twice a set rather than around 4 times a set.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
It was just great to see the whole team go ok , long way to go yet ....... I said in my posts that Flanno will improve the players by 10, 20 and 30 percent more we will be competitive ........ And he is playing to our strengths ........ If we can string together 3 and 4 games it will go a long way to changing our season ...... I for one not big on stats , players from previous teams in house players , many reasons for those stats , players not getting much game time , dud coaches , look at the difference last night different coach some personal bests in players ....... So stats to me can change ........ So for now as long as we are in games to the end Ill be happy ....... We will really know how we are after a couple of loses , whether they bounce back or they drop off ....... Time will tell but it has to be better than the last 5 years .........
I'm the polar opposite. I am a stat's man. Will be having some quality conversations during the season I believe.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Really good team effort. Really hard to choose bet bu I'll give it a shot.
  1. Lomax
  2. Liddle
  3. Sloan
The best thing about the win is no one even thinking about Ben Hunt being our best. Nothing against Hunt, no hurt feelings by his actions last year, just the team is much better when Hunt is only getting his hands on the ball around twice a set rather than around 4 times a set.
And that's the way it should have always been.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
I'm the polar opposite. I am a stat's man. Will be having some quality conversations during the season I believe.
Yep we are opposite for sure , and respect your thoughts , so Lomax's stats at centre were bad as Flanno showed him he was 24th in line , but different position and different coach and I know its only one game but if we take stats as you say after this round his stats would be close to the best ...... So what I am trying to say is stats can change over night .......