Round 11: St George Illawarra v New Zealand

Eric

Staff
Time for young Muhleisen?
Mbye was much better when he came back on in the second half. In defence in particular. Looks like he might have gotten a rocket at halftime. In attack he looks like a guy who isn't a natural hooker. So it's a tough one based on today. I'd say Muhleisen has to get a chance sooner rather than later.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
M. Molo's defence is good. Want to see a bit more running from him.
Stats show 9 runs 60m which makes him 3rd best today and he was only on for 43 minutes he beat Bird hands down. Sims F Molo were our best but neither would have got a mention from me in the coaches speech at training. JDB stats are nowhere near his best something not right there. In comparison Fanua Blake 209m would love someone like him in our team and Harris 139m in his 2nd game back now those stats keep an ordinary team in any game.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Mbye was much better when he came back on in the second half. In defence in particular. Looks like he might have gotten a rocket at halftime. In attack he looks like a guy who isn't a natural hooker. So it's a tough one based on today. I'd say Muhleisen has to get a chance sooner rather than later.
We lost NSW Cup game but Muhleisen scored so that's a positive

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Wow that was a very dissapointing crowd figure was the weather bad in Sydney again? On such a big day 7,000 odd attendance is embarrassing for the club in my view and shows just where we are at its very sad.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Stats show 9 runs 60m which makes him 3rd best today and he was only on for 43 minutes he beat Bird hands down. Sims F Molo were our best but neither would have got a mention from me in the coaches speech at training. JDB stats are nowhere near his best something not right there. In comparison Fanua Blake 209m would love someone like him in our team and Harris 139m in his 2nd game back now those stats keep an ordinary team in any game.
I don't think there is anything wrong with JDB. It's as someone said, he must be under instructions to pass. His passing game is definately a strength but also needs to run more. Seems he played a long time today. Got a HIA early and I think he stayed on for the rest of the game. His defence was outstanding.
Wow that was a very dissapointing crowd figure was the weather bad in Sydney again? On such a big day 7,000 odd attendance is embarrassing for the club in my view and shows just where we are at its very sad.
Apparently heavy rain which mostly stopped just before kick off.

Eric

Staff
Bad weather but a disappointing crowd regardless.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I don't think there is anything wrong with JDB. It's as someone said, he must be under instructions to pass. His passing game is definately a strength but also needs to run more. Seems he played a long time today. Got a HIA early and I think he stayed on for the rest of the game. His defence was outstanding.

Apparently heavy rain which mostly stopped just before kick off.
Sometimes coaches can over coach players his stats in attack today were very poor 7 hit ups 52m his defensive stats were outstanding topped tackle count 46 only 3 missed 67 minutes played. I'd love to see more in attack but in saying that he is doing the bulk of the packs defensive work which wears you down

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Sometimes coaches can over coach players his stats in attack today were very poor 7 hit ups 52m his defensive stats were outstanding topped tackle count 46 only 3 missed 67 minutes played. I'd love to see more in attack but in saying that he is doing the bulk of the packs defensive work which wears you down
Not only quantity but the quality of his defence was outstanding. Stropped opposition roll ons with big hits a few times and shut down half chances with copy book tackles a few times. Molo Jnr was also good in defence. At least the quality. Not sure about the quantity.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Not only quantity but the quality of his defence was outstanding. Stropped opposition roll ons with big hits a few times and shut down half chances with copy book tackles a few times. Molo Jnr was also good in defence. At least the quality. Not sure about the quantity.
When the quality and quantity compliment each other then as a coach you leave it to them and just encourage those players don't change their styles too much that it affects another part of their game.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
A natural dummy half would probably help him with that.
See its combinations that suffer when you have to play players out of position. You train all off season and in reality every position should be training with a shadow player so that player can step up and know the lines to be run. I'd say Mbye may have had some practice in that position but as we can see just not enough. It's time to see if young Muhleisen can make it in 1st grade in my view