Round 14 vs Wests Tigers

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
It's so hard to give 3, 2, 1 but I can't not give Zac 3 after 3 tries, 10 from 10 kicks and rock-solid defence.

3. Zac
2. Eisenhuth
1. Hunt

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
It's so hard to give 3, 2, 1 but I can't not give Zac 3 after 3 tries, 10 from 10 kicks and rock-solid defence.

3. Zac
2. Eisenhuth
1. Hunt
If it's possible to take 3 from Lomax, it has to go to Hunt in my opinion. That last try summed up his second half, everything he touched turned to gold. First half wasn't bad.

3. Hunt
2. Lomax
1. Leilua

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
We haven't won like that for zonks well done ....... As you all know on here I'm not a Hunt fan but tonight was one of his better games at 7 ...... How in the F**K did Flanno let Zac go ? Didn't put up any fight to stop him ...... Well played young Flanno also .......

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Why the hell is Zac on report for that attempted catch that went a touch wrong. Was no malice in it as he is not a dirty player but rather a 100% effort one...

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Zacs 32 points is a club record evidently. He is playing out of his skin in a season where he should have been looking forward to the next two years competing in his beloved Red V jumper, not an Eels one. :mad:

Last edited:

Eric

Staff
I know it was a good win but I just want to say it's such a Flanno move to drop Finau who was very good last week, pick of the outside backs back to centre in the NSW Cup. And who made way for him in the NSW Cup? Of course 18 year-old Hayden Buchanan who was very good in the NSW Cup last week. Proving at the very least he IS ready for NSW Cup.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
I know it was a good win but I just want to say it's such a Flanno move to drop Finau who was very good last week, pick of the outside backs back to centre in the NSW Cup. And who made way for him in the NSW Cup? Of course 18 year-old Hayden Buchanan who was very good in the NSW Cup last week. Proving at the very least he IS ready for NSW Cup.
And NSW Cup lost. I think the first in a while. Flanno won't draw any lessons from that.

DragonsTragic

SGI Jersey Flegg
66-0 in our last two second halves, both coming from behind at HT. Haven't been quality opposition but hopefully teaching this team what is possible when everyone does their job.

Toby should still be dirty on JDB for not popping him the pass for an easy run to the line.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
66-0 in our last two second halves, both coming from behind at HT. Haven't been quality opposition but hopefully teaching this team what is possible when everyone does their job.

Toby should still be dirty on JDB for not popping him the pass for an easy run to the line.
I thought the Tigers fullback was sliding across and JDB saw it and realized the man on the inside was a better option. It went wrong when the fullback sliding across managed to get a hold of JDBs arm. JDBs mistake was trying to pass to the man on the inside regardless instead of just taking the tackle.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Hearing Sione Finau was below his best yesterday. Down on confidence I'd say after our 'esteemed' coach wounded it dumping him back a grade lower than his ability warrants.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Let's put this win into perspective we beat the favourites for the wooden spoon who were down a player in the 2nd half for 10 min. We played and more importantly were allowed to play to our strengths. Too big too fast on the edges against a out of form, playing with no confidence team. On other forums we are now going to be playing semi finals football in September, I wish. The coach is building a team and we showed last night given the opportunity we can put teams away. The stats were our best attacking stat's in the last 4 yrs. But the Tigers layed down after they were reduced to 12 players during the 2nd half, we scored 7 tries in the last 25 min. As a lifetime supporter I enjoyed last night, savoured the win but celebrations were tempered to only one bottle of celebratory wine. I even found time to ring my brother in Tasmania who is a lifetime Magpies/ Tigers supporter to commiserate. Next week will be a much sterner test against Manly at Brookvale. That will show us where we are at, that is followed by the bye which could actually see us in the 8. Go the mighty red V.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Often Jack forgets he is a forward and behaves like a ball playing second 5/8. He just does not know the extent of his ability.
I thought the Tigers fullback was sliding across and JDB saw it and realized the man on the inside was a better option. It went wrong when the fullback sliding across managed to get a hold of JDBs arm. JDBs mistake was trying to pass to the man on the inside regardless instead of just taking the tackle.
Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by The Academy Awards

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Let's put this win into perspective we beat the favourites for the wooden spoon who were down a player in the 2nd half for 10 min. We played and more importantly were allowed to play to our strengths. Too big too fast on the edges against a out of form, playing with no confidence team. On other forums we are now going to be playing semi finals football in September, I wish. The coach is building a team and we showed last night given the opportunity we can put teams away. The stats were our best attacking stat's in the last 4 yrs. But the Tigers layed down after they were reduced to 12 players during the 2nd half, we scored 7 tries in the last 25 min. As a lifetime supporter I enjoyed last night, savoured the win but celebrations were tempered to only one bottle of celebratory wine. I even found time to ring my brother in Tasmania who is a lifetime Magpies/ Tigers supporter to commiserate. Next week will be a much sterner test against Manly at Brookvale. That will show us where we are at, that is followed by the bye which could actually see us in the 8. Go the mighty red V.
Won't they be without DCE, Jake Turbo and Olokawatu?