Morgan

SGI NSW Cup

St George Illawarra Dragons vs Canberra Raiders at WIN Stadium, 4:05pm AEDT

Dragons Rd 15 team: 1. Cody Ramsey 2. Mathew Feagai 3. Moses Suli 4. Zac Lomax 5. Mikaele Ravalawa 6. Talatau Amone 7. Ben Hunt 8. Jack de Belin 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Blake Lawrie 11. Jack Bird 12. Jaydn Su’A 13. Tariq Sims 14. Moses Mbye 15. Francis Molo 16. Aaron Woods 17. Michael Molo

Team Tips: Dragons skipper Ben Hunt is in doubt with an ankle injury he picked up in Origin II.

Raiders Rd 15 team: 1. Xavier Savage 2. Nick Cotric 3. Matthew Timoko 4. Sebastian Kris 5. Jordan Rapana 23. Matt Frawley 7. Jamal Fogarty 8. Josh Papalii’i 9. Zac Woolford 10. Joseph Tapine 11. Hudson Young 12. Elliott Whitehead 13. Adam Elliott 14. Tom Starling 15. Ryan Sutton 17. Corey Horsburgh 19. James Schiller

Team Tips: Jack Wighton (Covid) returns which sees Matt Frawley drop out.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

St George Illawarra Dragons vs Canberra Raiders at WIN Stadium, 4:05pm AEDT

Dragons Rd 15 team: 1. Cody Ramsey 2. Mathew Feagai 3. Moses Suli 4. Zac Lomax 5. Mikaele Ravalawa 6. Talatau Amone 7. Ben Hunt 8. Jack de Belin 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Blake Lawrie 11. Jack Bird 12. Jaydn Su’A 13. Tariq Sims 14. Moses Mbye 15. Francis Molo 16. Aaron Woods 17. Michael Molo

Team Tips: Dragons skipper Ben Hunt is in doubt with an ankle injury he picked up in Origin II.

Raiders Rd 15 team: 1. Xavier Savage 2. Nick Cotric 3. Matthew Timoko 4. Sebastian Kris 5. Jordan Rapana 23. Matt Frawley 7. Jamal Fogarty 8. Josh Papalii’i 9. Zac Woolford 10. Joseph Tapine 11. Hudson Young 12. Elliott Whitehead 13. Adam Elliott 14. Tom Starling 15. Ryan Sutton 17. Corey Horsburgh 19. James Schiller

Team Tips: Jack Wighton (Covid) returns which sees Matt Frawley drop out.
I read a report that Josh McGuire might be selected. That would be joke. Not a bad player but who is Hook going to drop for him? And the fact Connor Muhleisen continues to excel in the NSW Cup while Hooks other favourite, McCullough continues to be as slow as a wet week.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I read a report that Josh McGuire might be selected. That would be joke. Not a bad player but who is Hook going to drop for him? And the fact Connor Muhleisen continues to excel in the NSW Cup while Hooks other favourite, McCullough continues to be as slow as a wet week.
To recall McGuire would be audacious. It would signal to me his fondness for his famous Broncos U20s team from 15 years ago is bordering on mental illness. Unless he drops Macca. Give Muhleisen a chance and if he completely screws up, Mbye is there to take over for him and McGuire is also capable of playing dummy half.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
To recall McGuire would be audacious. It would signal to me his fondness for his famous Broncos U20s team from 15 years ago is bordering on mental illness. Unless he drops Macca. Give Muhleisen a chance and if he completely screws up, Mbye is there to take over for him and McGuire is also capable of playing dummy half.
I think all this team needs to compete with Penrith and Melbourne is one more good prop and a sharp hooker.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I think all this team needs to compete with Penrith and Melbourne is one more good prop and a sharp hooker.
.. and a more creative organiser than Hunt. So much of a team revolves around the half with his full array of skills and we are getting short changed with him.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Question: When is our clueless coach going to give Muhleisen, Jaiden Hunt, Josh Coric a Firsts cap. I also want Sloan back at fullback as Ramsay has proven a one game wonder. He also lacks the Fox's ball skills.

Last edited:

Eric

Staff
.. and a more creative organiser than Hunt. So much of a team revolves around the half and we are getting short changed with him.
I'm a Hunt fan and I'm an Amone fan. I feel both of them are better ball runners than playmakers. But then again, as JoDragon (accurately) points out, must be pretty difficult for both of them so often playing behind a beaten forward pack. Anyway, I'm enthusiastic for Sullivan to get a chance. I get the feeling he may be more of a genuine playmaker.

Having said that, even though I don't agree with the media waxing-lyrical over Hunt this year, there is no doubt he has been good.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
What day.
Missed that 'minor detail'. Sunday.
I see Griffin has picked JDB at prop again with Sua at lock just to accommodate one of his Qld mates bird.:mad:

Bird who else but we all know Hook wont hook him.
That was last rounds team. This rounds will probably be the same unless Hunt is ruled out. Chris M Chris M says McGuire may be recalled. If so, I guess M. Molo will make way.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Question: When is our clueless coach going to give Muhleisen, Jaiden Hunt, Josh Coric a Firsts cap. I also want Sloan back at fullback as Ramsay has proven a one game wonder.
As for the first 2, we are all wondering the same thing. I think Coric isn't ready. He's been going back and forward between Jersey Flegg and reserve grade. Not yet ready for reserve grade every week.

The Ramsey one is tough. I think he's been pretty good but no doubt at all Sloan has way more potential. Maybe leave him in reserve grade for the rest of the year so he can put on another 10kgs before next year.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I think Coric isn't ready.
We wont really know that until he gets a game. If not up to scratch then go elsewhere. But if we are going to import one make sure he is of first grade standard or preferably beyond and young to provide us with
long term worth.

I am pretty sure Sloan and Ramsay have similar bulkage. To be honest they could both use another 10 kilos.

Last edited:

Eric

Staff
But isn't it the job of a good half or hooker to get the forwards moving. Always been my point of view. All the good forward packs in history have had a skillful half and rake behind them. Hunt and McCullogh lack organisational skills.. a significant attribute I think you will agree and reason we are playing behind a beaten pack Eric Eric.
Maybe but I think more the dummy half:s job. Plus forwards who need to run harder.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
If Hunt is out then other than Mbye or even Sullivan who else do we have to play the chief organising role and has had a run in first grade. Does Griffin even rate Mbye as a playmaker. I do.
Surely it'll be Sullivan. He's been killing it in reserve grade.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I am pretty sure Sloan and Ramsay have similar bulkage. To be honest they could both use another 10 kilos.
yep but maybe Sloan needs the extra weight a little more. Give him more confidence to run into the opposition like Ramsey does already.