Eric

Staff
It was extremely important that under those conditions we matched their forwards our kicking game was great and our completions were above avg and we didn't miss tackles. The stats indicate we ticked off most those boxes and won us a must win game. Stats: Running Mtrs - Dragons 1259 -
Raiders 1329
Post contact mtrs - Dragons 473
Raiders 475
Completions - Dragons 76% Raiders 70%
Missed Tackles- Dragons 29
Raiders 27
Errors- Dragons 10
Raiders 15
Kicking Mtrs - Dragons 678
Raiders 625
4 Forwards - Sua 121m, Lawrie 108m, Sims 103m and JDB 100m reached my required 100m plus and only 2 Raiders forwards managed to reach that. So based on those stats it would have been a shame to lose that game. As for your remarks in relation to Amone nobody would have been able to stop Elliott that close to the line running that angle exactly the same as Suli's try except Suli beat more players and post contact was about 5m out from the tryline. Apart from that and Lomax 2 brain explosion moments, the flick pass and the steal when held had been called giving away a penalty at a vital time our discipline in possession and defence was very good. I was impressed with the effort albeit against a team that won't be playing semi finals football again this season. The next 2 weeks will give us a better indication if we will be.
It was Young I think but you are probably right but I still think more of an effort should have been made and shortly after that, only 2 or 3 min later, Canberra made another break due to a very weak Amone missed tackle. But for the most part, he defended well. Just 2 lapses that I noticed.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
It was Young I think but you are probably right but I still think more of an effort should have been made and shortly after that, only 2 or 3 min later, Canberra made another break due to a very weak Amone missed tackle. But for the most part, he defended well. Just 2 lapses that I noticed.
Yep Young

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Rule 101 in defending your line is get low, move up, don't stand still or slide

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
  1. Cody Ramsey - 7
  2. Mathew Feagai - 5
  3. Moses Suli - 8
  4. Zac Lomax - 7
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa - 8
  6. Talatau Amone - 8
  7. Ben Hunt - 8
  8. Jack de Belin - 7
  9. Andrew McCullough - 7
  10. Blake Lawrie - 8
  11. Jack Bird - 7
  12. Jaydn Su’A - 8
  13. Tariq Sims - 8
  14. Moses Mbye - 5
  15. Francis Molo - 6
  16. Aaron Woods - 7
  17. Michael Molo - 5
It was extremely important that under those conditions we matched their forwards our kicking game was great and our completions were above avg and we didn't miss tackles. The stats indicate we ticked off most those boxes and won us a must win game. Stats: Running Mtrs - Dragons 1259 -
Raiders 1329
Post contact mtrs - Dragons 473
Raiders 475
Completions - Dragons 76% Raiders 70%
Missed Tackles- Dragons 29
Raiders 27
Errors- Dragons 10
Raiders 15
Kicking Mtrs - Dragons 678
Raiders 625
4 Forwards - Sua 121m, Lawrie 108m, Sims 103m and JDB 100m reached my required 100m plus and only 2 Raiders forwards managed to reach that. So based on those stats it would have been a shame to lose that game. As for your remarks in relation to Amone nobody would have been able to stop Elliott that close to the line running that angle exactly the same as Suli's try except Suli beat more players and post contact was about 5m out from the tryline. Apart from that and Lomax 2 brain explosion moments, the flick pass and the steal when held had been called giving away a penalty at a vital time our discipline in possession and defence was very good. I was impressed with the effort albeit against a team that won't be playing semi finals football again this season. The next 2 weeks will give us a better indication if we will be.
It was Amone's best game this year.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
So what's your rating?
  1. Cody Ramsey - 7
  2. Mathew Feagai - 5
  3. Moses Suli - 8
  4. Zac Lomax - 8
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa - 8
  6. Talatau Amone - 8
  7. Ben Hunt - 9
  8. Jack de Belin - 8
  9. Andrew McCullough - 6
  10. Blake Lawrie - 8
  11. Jack Bird - 7
  12. Jaydn Su’A - 8
  13. Tariq Sims - 7
  14. Moses Mbye - 4
  15. Francis Molo - 6
  16. Aaron Woods - 7
  17. Michael Molo - 5

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Seems about right.

7. ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS

Last round’s ranking: 7th (no movement)
The Dragons weren’t flashy, but got the job done against the Raiders in windy and wet conditions. Albeit, their final play move to force a six-again has been ruled a mistake by NRL bosses, Anthony Griffin’s men showed grit and determination to keep the Raiders out, despite a number of potentially costly errors including Cody Ramsey’s knock-on in the final minutes. Ben Hunt steered his men around the park and as a reward sits atop of the Dally M Leaderboard.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
As I said earlier it would have been a shame to lose that game because the team did show some intestinal fortitude albeit against a team that won't be playing semi finals football again this season. The next 2 games will give us a better understanding if we will be. We need to win on Sunday to stay in the 8 as the seagulls get 2 points for their bye and will jump us on for and against. Rabbitohs above us should beat the Knights.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
As I said earlier it would have been a shame to lose that game because the team did show some intestinal fortitude albeit against a team that won't be playing semi finals football again this season. The next 2 games will give us a better understanding if we will be. We need to win on Sunday to stay in the 8 as the seagulls get 2 points for their bye and will jump us on for and against. Rabbitohs above us should beat the Knights.
I hate to say it but I think Dragons might struggle against the Roosters in 2 weeks. With the inclusion of Lodge, their front row rotation is way stronger than the Dragons and on the back of that, Tedesco and Manu might have a fieldday.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I hate to say it but I think Dragons might struggle against the Roosters in 2 weeks. With the inclusion of Lodge, their front row rotation is way stronger than the Dragons and on the back of that, Tedesco and Manu might have a fieldday.
No faith at all:mad: