RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Well the good news is next weekend against my most hated team the bronckettes they will be missing Carrigan, Hass, Riki from their pack and Cobo I'd say Oates as well injured. We will be missing Hunt. So we are an even chance of beating them at Lang Park.
Am I the only one who loves jodragon40 jodragon40 's new avatar?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Haas is a big loss bit other than that, not so much.
Carrigan has been their best forward consistently this season gee your a hard marker. Cobo well just ask either of our wingers if they would rather face someone else same with Oates just because of his height. I hope Griffin starts with Sullivan but I fear he will stick with Mbye as starting half back.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Carrigan has been their best forward consistently this season gee your a hard marker. Cobo well just ask either of our wingers if they would rather face someone else same with Oates just because of his height. I hope Griffin starts with Sullivan but I fear he will stick with Mbye as starting half back.
Maybe but he has the look of a "hard worker" rather then a game breaker. Agree 100% regarding Sullivan.

Eric

Staff
Cobbo still has the occasional bad game in him but IMO the greatest strength of their wingers vs ours is their speed. I'm fans of both our wingers but not necessarily as wingers after this season. Not fast enough. Feagai's have the look of centres rather than wingers to me and Rava, big, hard defender, hard runner. Could he go onto the bench and come on in the forwards or outside backs in the event of an injury? Who is going to replace them on the wing is a good question. Maybe Alexander Lobb and Ramsey (provided he puts on another 5kg before next year)?

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Those like me wondering where the replay is.. 9Now has it.

Am liking Amone's developing short kicking game.
He was also 'jonny on the spot' to stroll over for our first try after a brain fade by the Raiders player. Made a couple of his customary snipes too.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
A smaller player other than Suli would not have scored our second try. So having him there while he is young and fit is advantageous. He'd not have scored it either if what some of us are saying he needs to curb, that is not prop back inside so often. This time it worked a treat as he had only a short way to the try line, putting the sliding defense completely on the wrong foot.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
McCann is 3~5 years older than Lobb. I think Lobb might have quite a bit more upside to his game.
You are probably spot on as with the little I see of our lower tier boys.. am shooting in the dark when it comes to identifying their ability and skills. I find it incredulous that we are not permitted to see a full stream of these matches.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
We lost the plot a bit in that last 20 mins. When in front and specially in wet weather dont play dry weather footy and throw the pill around. Play percentage footy with a wet pill.. as mistake free as possible. In this period a better team would have made our handling mistakes hurt us.

How many times does Ben Hunt hand team mates a hospital pass. Not our only one either. Draw your man.. one of the first tenets a coach should tell a young player. If he is covered, throw a dummy or hold onto the ball, dont sell your mate a dump.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I hope Griffin starts with Sullivan but I fear he will stick with Mbye as starting half back.
I can live with that. Is Sullivan ready for the chief playmaker role? So who takes Mbye' s #14 spot. Griffin will give it to Sullivan. Ideal chance to debut Muhleisen.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
We lost the plot a bit in that last 20 mins. When in front and specially in wet weather dont play dry weather footy and throw the pill around. Play percentage footy with a wet pill.. as mistake free as possible. In this period a better team would have made our handling mistakes hurt us.

How many times does Ben Hunt sell blokes a hospital pass. Not our only one either. Draw your man.. one of the first tenets a coach should tell a young player.
A bit harsh but everyone is entitled to their opinion

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
A bit harsh but everyone is entitled to their opinion
I know I bash this bloke a lot but I dont rate him like you all seem to. Probably because I have never believed he was worth his extravagant salary. We could have had two good players for what we paid for him.

Last edited:

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Is this one of your pearls of wisdom' Morgan Morgan. Are you implying that Amone is developing into a fine player.
Amone is coming along nicely. With experience comes confidence and how to read the play and play heads up football he showed maturity beyond his years in positioning himself for that bat back that led to our 1st try. The stats from yesterday show he ran 13 times for 78m 21 post contact mtrs made 6 tackle busts, 1 line break, 110 kick mtrs so is taking on the line more which I was hoping to see in those conditions. Hunt 10 runs, 51m, 9m post contact, 416m in kicks which was what we needed. The issue with our halves pairing is their defensive inability Hunt 17 4 missed Amone 14 3 missed so 7 missed tackles, 25% of all our missed tackles. The team missed only 29 tackles our lowest all season a far cry from 50 a week only a month ago. So there are positives we are improving in defence which we badly need to.