Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Reason Roosters snapped up Lodge is they had money under their cap. But they only have him till the end of the season. Surely with all those blokes off contract and the expensive Sims going we have plenty of room under our cap for a quality long term prop.
Dragons needed him this season. Next season I don't know but definitely needed him this season.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Dragons needed him this season. Next season I don't know but definitely needed him this season.
The club is a corrupt laughing stock. There's no way the Rorters have salary cap space but the Dragons don't. Unless Macca and McGuire are on 1mil a year each.

Every man and his dog know Dragons are desperately in need of a good prop or two. So what happened? If Lodge rejected the Dragons, club needs to communicate that.

If there is no salary cap space, the club needs to communicate which players are getting massively overpaid and start trying to organise for them to seek life elsewhere.

But no. Nothing at all.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
The club is a corrupt laughing stock. There's no way the Rorters have salary cap space but the Dragons don't. Unless Macca and McGuire are on 1mil a year each.

Every man and his dog know Dragons are desperately in need of a good prop or two. So what happened? If Lodge rejected the Dragons, club needs to communicate that.

If there is no salary cap space, the club needs to communicate which players are getting massively overpaid and start trying to organise for them to seek life elsewhere.

But no. Nothing at all.
Everyone's disappointed but it's not as if the club missed signing Payne Haas for 500k a year or some similar steal.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Everyone's disappointed but it's not as if the club missed signing Payne Haas for 500k a year or some similar steal.
Yes, it's not that the club missed out on Payne Haas for 500k. It's that with one more good prop consistently taking the ball forward and a good, quick dummy half like Connor Muhleisen, I feel this team would have had some serious ability. Specially if Bird decided he'd like to try a bit harder to tackle. As is, might sneak into the top 8 but probably not.

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Yes, it's not that the club missed out on Payne Haas for 500k. It's that with one more good prop consistently taking the ball forward and a good, quick dummy half like Connor Muhleisen, I feel this team would have had some serious ability. Specially if Bird decided he'd like to try a bit harder to tackle. As is, might sneak into the top 8 but probably not.
On paper it looks like he would have been a welcome addition but the Broncos paid a lot of money to get rid of him and then Warriors did as well. There is the possibility he is just toxic to any club he goes to.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
On paper it looks like he would have been a welcome addition but the Broncos paid a lot of money to get rid of him and then Warriors did as well. There is the possibility he is just toxic to any club he goes to.
There's that as well. How much damage could he have done on a deal similar to the one he has with the Rorters? i.e. A short term contract.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
There's that as well. How much damage could he have done on a deal similar to the one he has with the Rorters? i.e. A short term contract.
Not enough to justify not signing him unless impossible due to salary cap problems or him simply not wanting to join the Dragons.

Eric

Staff

St George Illawarra Dragons vs Canberra Raiders at WIN Stadium, 4:05pm AEDT

St George Illawarra Dragons
Canberra Raiders
  1. Cody Ramsey
  2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa
  6. Talatau Amone
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Jack de Belin
  9. Andrew McCullough
  10. Blake Lawrie
  11. Jack Bird
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Tariq Sims
  14. Moses Mbye
  15. Francis Molo
  16. Aaron Woods
  17. Michael Molo
  18. Jayden Sullivan
  19. Jaiyden Hunt
  1. Xavier Savage
  2. Nick Cotric
  3. Matthew Timoko
  4. Sebastian Kris
  5. Jordan Rapana
  6. Jack Wighton
  7. Jamal Fogarty
  8. Josh Papalii
  9. Zac Woolford
  10. Joseph Tapine
  11. Hudson Young
  12. Elliott Whitehead
  13. Adam Elliott
  14. Tom Starling
  15. Ryan Sutton
  16. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
  17. Corey Horsburgh
  18. Matt Frawley
  19. Trey Mooney
Players cut: 18. Josh Kerr 19. Tautau Moga 22. Billy BurnsPlayers cut: 19. Corey Harawira-Naera 21. Semi Valemei 22. Adrian Trevilyan
Early Mail: The Dragons looks set to be 1-17.Early Mail: The Raiders look set to be 1-17 with Jack Wighton back in action after missing Origin II due to Covid-19.
  • Josh Kerr is firmly on the outer, which is good and long overdue.
  • Other than that, pretty predictable. I think most people agree JDB is a better lock than prop but due to Griffin's inspired recruitment and retention policies, JDB is also our best prop.
  • I don't follow Canberra closely but from the limited amount I've seen of them, this team is better on paper than the Dragons. If they can afford to cut Corey Harawira-Naera and Semi Valemei, they are going ok at least on paper.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup

St George Illawarra Dragons vs Canberra Raiders at WIN Stadium, 4:05pm AEDT

St George Illawarra Dragons
Canberra Raiders
  1. Cody Ramsey
  2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa
  6. Talatau Amone
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Jack de Belin
  9. Andrew McCullough
  10. Blake Lawrie
  11. Jack Bird
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Tariq Sims
  14. Moses Mbye
  15. Francis Molo
  16. Aaron Woods
  17. Michael Molo
  18. Jayden Sullivan
  19. Jaiyden Hunt
  1. Xavier Savage
  2. Nick Cotric
  3. Matthew Timoko
  4. Sebastian Kris
  5. Jordan Rapana
  6. Jack Wighton
  7. Jamal Fogarty
  8. Josh Papalii
  9. Zac Woolford
  10. Joseph Tapine
  11. Hudson Young
  12. Elliott Whitehead
  13. Adam Elliott
  14. Tom Starling
  15. Ryan Sutton
  16. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
  17. Corey Horsburgh
  18. Matt Frawley
  19. Trey Mooney
Players cut: 18. Josh Kerr 19. Tautau Moga 22. Billy BurnsPlayers cut: 19. Corey Harawira-Naera 21. Semi Valemei 22. Adrian Trevilyan
Early Mail: The Dragons looks set to be 1-17.Early Mail: The Raiders look set to be 1-17 with Jack Wighton back in action after missing Origin II due to Covid-19.
  • Josh Kerr is firmly on the outer, which is good and long overdue.
  • Other than that, pretty predictable. I think most people agree JDB is a better lock than prop but due to Griffin's inspired recruitment and retention policies, JDB is also our best prop.
  • I don't follow Canberra closely but from the limited amount I've seen of them, this team is better on paper than the Dragons. If they can afford to cut Corey Harawira-Naera and Semi Valemei, they are going ok at least on paper.
To have Corey Horsburgh in the 17 but not Corey Harawira-Naera suggests the latter hasn't been playing well at all.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Josh Kerr, Tautau Moga, Billy Burns
How exactly does this work. Do those three get first dibs at the Ressies or are Sullivan and Hunt ahead of that queue as they are not part of the Firsts 17. Has to be the latter surely. Where does Connor Muhleisen stand in the current 30?

Eric

Staff
How exactly does this work. Do those three get first dibs at the Ressies or are Sullivan and Hunt ahead of that queue as they are not part of the Firsts 17. Has to be the latter surely. Where does Connor Muhleisen stand in the current 30?
Good question. I honestly have no idea. Are Sullivan and J. Hunt sitting out the round?

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
  • Cody Ramsey-- Sloan
  • Mathew Feagai
  • Moses Suli
  • Zac Lomax
  • Mikaele Ravalawa-- Ramsay/ Max Feagai
  • Talatau Amone
  • Ben Hunt--Sullivan/Herring
  • Jack de Belin-- J Hunt
  • Andrew McCullough -- Ben Hunt
  • Blake Lawrie
  • Jack Bird -- Sims
  • Jaydn Su’A
  • Tariq Sims--JDB
  • Moses Mbye---Connor Muhleisen
  • Francis Molo
  • Aaron Woods--Josh Coric
  • Michael Molo
  • Jayden Sullivan
  • Jaiyden Hunt

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Bring it on , a must win no excuses , home ground , coming off a good win , if they are worth a shot in the play off's they have to find a way ..... Otherwise the Souths game was a one off ......

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

But no. Nothing at all.
In reality the real world of rugby league is that no player wants to come to the club. In my view from past experience you can put this down to two main reasons, they are:
The player doesn't want to be coached by that particular coach
The player doesn't believe that the club can be competitive come September.
There are other issues that supporters wouldn't necessarily know about including internal issues affecting the club and teams or the current culture. Its sad but I believe it is true

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
this
  • Cody Ramsey-- Sloan
  • Mathew Feagai
  • Moses Suli
  • Zac Lomax
  • Mikaele Ravalawa-- Ramsay/ Max Feagai
  • Talatau Amone
  • Ben Hunt--Sullivan/Herring
  • Jack de Belin-- J Hunt
  • Andrew McCullough -- Ben Hunt
  • Blake Lawrie
  • Jack Bird -- Sims
  • Jaydn Su’A
  • Tariq Sims--JDB
  • Moses Mbye---Connor Muhleisen
  • Francis Molo
  • Aaron Woods--Josh Coric
  • Michael Molo
  • Jayden Sullivan
  • Jaiyden Hunt
This almost coincides with my opinion. Just:
  • If we are talking about talent, Sloan is the long-term fullback but as we all know, talent alone isn't a guarantee of success. And I very much doubt it'll be this year. Ramsey is doing a good job for now. Not great but not bad at all. Give Sloan the rest of the year to develop his defence, get more confident under the high ball and 'running' (not slowly jogging) the ball back from kicks in the NSW Cup.
  • I'm torn about Sullivan/Hunt this year. Hunt is playing well but Sullivan is too good for the NSW Cup. So....... I'm torn.
  • Josh Coric is in and out of Jersey Flegg / NSW Cup. He's not ready for first grade yet. Next year for him.
  • I don't rate Mbye in any particular position but I feel his versatility makes him worth a bench spot. If Hunt were still halfback, it would be simple, Muhleisen to hooker and Mbye on the bench.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
In reality the real world of rugby league is that no player wants to come to the club. In my view from past experience you can put this down to two main reasons, they are:
The player doesn't want to be coached by that particular coach
The player doesn't believe that the club can be competitive come September.
There are other issues that supporters wouldn't necessarily know about including internal issues affecting the club and teams or the current culture. Its sad but I believe it is true
Sometimes jodragon40 jodragon40 makes so much sense.......

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Bring it on , a must win no excuses , home ground , coming off a good win , if they are worth a shot in the play off's they have to find a way ..... Otherwise the Souths game was a one off ......
100%. This is a game they should win! No excuses. team is at full strength.

Eric

Staff
Personally I think weather conditions suit us better as well. Especially in the backs, Canberra seem a but more mobile but a bit smaller.