Round 21: St George Illawarra v Wests Tigers

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Team Tips: Ben Hunt will return from Origin duties and start at halfback. Jayden Sullivan (hamstring) is likely to miss the rest of the season as will Jaydn Su’A (shoulder). The Sullivan injury means Moses Mbye likely retains his spot on the interchange bench. The Dragons have a fullback quandry with Tyrell Sloan (calf) and Paul Turner (hip) sustaining last start injuries, however both could be available for selection. If not, Mbye may be asked to step up at the back. Jack Bird returned from injury through the NSW Cup last week and will likely slot into the starting back row for Ben Murdoch-Masila (knee) who will miss three-four weeks.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Team Tips: Ben Hunt will return from Origin duties and start at halfback. Jayden Sullivan (hamstring) is likely to miss the rest of the season as will Jaydn Su’A (shoulder). The Sullivan injury means Moses Mbye likely retains his spot on the interchange bench. The Dragons have a fullback quandry with Tyrell Sloan (calf) and Paul Turner (hip) sustaining last start injuries, however both could be available for selection. If not, Mbye may be asked to step up at the back. Jack Bird returned from injury through the NSW Cup last week and will likely slot into the starting back row for Ben Murdoch-Masila (knee) who will miss three-four weeks.
Just looked at the team and first impressions are the Tigers pack will make a lot of easy metres. I don't know with that pack if we can actually win.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

Dragons team:​

1. Tyrell Sloan
  2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa
  6. Talatau Amone
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Francis Molo
  9. Jacob Liddle
  10. Blake Lawrie
  11. Billy Burns
  12. Dan Russell
  13. Jack de Belin

14. Moses Mbye
  15. Michael Molo
  16. Toby Couchman
  17. Jack Bird

18. Zane Musgrove
  19. Sione Finau
  20. Ryan Couchman
  21. Max Feagai
  22. Jaiyden Hunt

Those second rowers will tackle, tackle, tackle. Not offer much in attack. Amone might have to have another big game is we are to score enough points.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
If we lose, the spoon is almost certainly ours.
We lack size and go forward and really no big bodies coming off the bench. After seeing our run on team I can see the likes of Klemmer and Utoikamanau making easy metres. Also their hooker Koroisau was outstanding last week on his return in a beaten team. It really really hurts me to say this but after analysing the teams I'll be picking the Tigers. Either way a close game perhaps 2 - 4 point victory. 😭

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

Dragons team:​

1. Tyrell Sloan
  2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa
  6. Talatau Amone
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Francis Molo
  9. Jacob Liddle
  10. Blake Lawrie
  11. Billy Burns
  12. Dan Russell
  13. Jack de Belin

14. Moses Mbye
  15. Michael Molo
  16. Toby Couchman
  17. Jack Bird

18. Zane Musgrove
  19. Sione Finau
  20. Ryan Couchman
  21. Max Feagai
  22. Jaiyden Hunt

Those second rowers will tackle, tackle, tackle. Not offer much in attack. Amone might have to have another big game is we are to score enough points.
Agree, and it will be interesting to see how the team reacts to Hunt being back, then there is no Sua which is really going to hurt us on that edge. I can't see where we will make enough metres in the middle of the park to give our backs an even chance. Musgrove should have been in the 17 just for a big body, on his recent efforts in reserves I would have even given him a start in the run on team. I don't understand that team in the forwards

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
We lack size and go forward and really no big bodies coming off the bench. After seeing our run on team I can see the likes of Klemmer and Utoikamanau making easy metres. Also their hooker Koroisau was outstanding last week on his return in a beaten team. It really really hurts me to say this but after analysing the teams I'll be picking the Tigers. Either way a close game perhaps 2 - 4 point victory. 😭
Maybe the game plan will be to kick early and keep turning their big forwards around.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Maybe the game plan will be to kick early and keep turning their big forwards around.
Thats what I use to do, and the only game plan to nullify the difference in your pack size. Analyse the opposition identity their strengths and weaknesses pay particular attention to their game breakers and playmaker.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
  • Tyrell Sloan- my half
  • Mathew Feagai- dumfoundered
  • Moses Suli
  • Zac Lomax- like Carr to continue experiment at fullback.
  • Mikaele Ravalawa
  • Talatau Amone - needs to polish new found skills
  • Ben Hunt- dumbfounded
  • Francis Molo
  • Jacob Liddle- run the leather pal
  • Blake Lawrie
  • Billy Burns- more involvement than BMM
  • Dan Russell - good defender
  • Jack de Belin- simply, THE BEST

• Moses Mbye
  • Michael Molo
  • Toby Couchman- should be in the 13.
  • Jack Bird- dumbfounded

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
  • Tyrell Sloan- my half
  • Mathew Feagai- dumfoundered
  • Moses Suli
  • Zac Lomax- like Carr to continue experiment at fullback.
  • Mikaele Ravalawa
  • Talatau Amone - needs to polish new found skills
  • Ben Hunt- dumbfounded
  • Francis Molo
  • Jacob Liddle- run the leather pal
  • Blake Lawrie
  • Billy Burns- more involvement than BMM
  • Dan Russell - good defender
  • Jack de Belin- simply, THE BEST

• Moses Mbye
  • Michael Molo
  • Toby Couchman- should be in the 13.
  • Jack Bird- dumbfounded
As for Ben Hunt, I'd agree with you but Sullivan is injured. Might be back for the last round but unlikely. So I think the coach has no choice but to go with Hunt.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Wonder what's going on with Hunt. I think someone gave him a blast, told him to STFU and play properly for the rest of the season and he'll get a release for next year.

Otherwide, NSW Cup for the next 2 years.