Round 22 v Canberra

Eric

Staff

RAIDERS v DRAGONS

Sunday, 2pm, GIO Stadium, Canberra

Raiders:
Joe Tapine suffered a rib injury in the loss to the Panthers, if cleared of a fracture he shouldn’t spend too much time out, although he’d be unlikely for this clash. Corey Horsburgh is likely to return to the team, with either he or Ryan Sutton starting at prop. Sutton himself copped a head knock and will need to pass concussion protocols, he’ll be aided by an eight day turnaround.

Nick Cotric is likely to miss one or two weeks due to a careless high tackle charge, this will see Jordan Rapana replace him on the wing, Albert Hopoate retain a spot, and Xavier Savage return at fullback.

Dragons: Cody Ramsey is due back from a knee injury at fullback in place of Moses Mbye. Mbye will likely shift to centre, with Jack Bird returning to the back-row in place of Tariq Sims who faces a four-to-five week suspension for his high shot on Connor Tracey.

This, round 22, has come about fast. It would be nice if Griffin made some bold moves with nothing really to lose but I very much doubt he will. McCullough, McGuire will play the remaining 4 games and guys like Sullivan, Muhleisen and Max Feagai will remain in the NSW Cup.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

RAIDERS v DRAGONS

Raiders:
Joe Tapine suffered a rib injury in the loss to the Panthers, if cleared of a fracture he shouldn’t spend too much time out, although he’d be unlikely for this clash. Corey Horsburgh is likely to return to the team, with either he or Ryan Sutton starting at prop. Sutton himself copped a head knock and will need to pass concussion protocols, he’ll be aided by an eight day turnaround.

Nick Cotric is likely to miss one or two weeks due to a careless high tackle charge, this will see Jordan Rapana replace him on the wing, Albert Hopoate retain a spot, and Xavier Savage return at fullback.

Dragons: Cody Ramsey is due back from a knee injury at fullback in place of Moses Mbye. Mbye will likely shift to centre, with Jack Bird returning to the back-row in place of Tariq Sims who faces a four-to-five week suspension for his high shot on Connor Tracey.

This, round 22, has come about fast. It would be nice if Griffin made some bold moves with nothing really to lose but I very much doubt he will. McCullough, McGuire will play the remaining 4 games and guys like Sullivan, Muhleisen and Max Feagai will remain in the NSW Cup.
The only chance of Macca and McGuire being dropped is if the orders come from above. If Hook is called into Albert's office and told it's Macca or himself.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
If Ramsey isn't back from injury, I'm tipping Hook will select the same team again.

Last week’s Dragons team: 1. Moses Mbye 2. Mathew Feagai 3. Jack Bird 4. Zac Lomax 5. Tautau Moga 6. Talatau Amone 7. Ben Hunt 16. Francis Molo 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Blake Lawrie 12. Jaydn Su’A 13. Tariq Sims 8. Jack de Belin 14. Tyrell Sloan 15. Aaron Woods 17. Josh Mcguire 18. Michael Molo

Team Tips: Cody Ramsey (knee) is scheduled to return, but it remains to be seen whether he’ll come straight in at fullback. Tariq Sims’ Dragons career is over after copping a four-game ban for his high shot on Connor Tracey.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Epic trolling by the club. On the club website they say, "Sims ruled out for regular season" as if they are going to make the finals. Someone is making fun of the fans.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
If Ramsey isn't back from injury, I'm tipping Hook will select the same team again.

Last week’s Dragons team: 1. Moses Mbye 2. Mathew Feagai 3. Jack Bird 4. Zac Lomax 5. Tautau Moga 6. Talatau Amone 7. Ben Hunt 16. Francis Molo 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Blake Lawrie 12. Jaydn Su’A 13. Tariq Sims 8. Jack de Belin 14. Tyrell Sloan 15. Aaron Woods 17. Josh Mcguire 18. Michael Molo

Team Tips: Cody Ramsey (knee) is scheduled to return, but it remains to be seen whether he’ll come straight in at fullback. Tariq Sims’ Dragons career is over after copping a four-game ban for his high shot on Connor Tracey.
I agree. If Ramsey is still out, same team with only Burns to replace Sims. If Ramsey is back, I'm tipping Mbye back to the bench in place of Sloan.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I agree. If Ramsey is still out, same team with only Burns to replace Sims. If Ramsey is back, I'm tipping Mbye back to the bench in place of Sloan.
Close but according to the early mail, no dice. He is indeed replacing Sloan with Ramsey in the bench. Mbye still fullback, Bird still centre, Moga still winger. Just Josh McGuire coming in to replace Sims in the second row and M. Molo replacing McGuire on the bench.

Now finals are out of the question, I can see the funny side of it.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Close but according to the early mail, no dice. He is indeed replacing Sloan with Ramsey in the bench. Mbye still fullback, Bird still centre, Moga still winger. Just Josh McGuire coming in to replace Sims in the second row and M. Molo replacing McGuire on the bench.

Now finals are out of the question, I can see the funny side of it.
Confirmed!
  1. Mbye
  2. Matt Feagai
  3. Bird
  4. Lomax
  5. Moga
  6. Amone
  7. Hunt
  8. JDB
  9. Macca
  10. Lawrie
  11. McGuire
  12. Su'a
  13. M. Molo
14. Sloan
15. Woods
16. Fuimaono
17. Burns

18. Sullivan
19. Ford
20. J. Hunt
21. Ramsey
22. Gosiewski🕺

Eric

Staff
Confirmed!
  1. Mbye
  2. Matt Feagai
  3. Bird
  4. Lomax
  5. Moga
  6. Amone
  7. Hunt
  8. JDB
  9. Macca
  10. Lawrie
  11. McGuire
  12. Su'a
  13. M. Molo
14. Sloan
15. Woods
16. Fuimaono
17. Burns

18. Sullivan
19. Ford
20. J. Hunt
21. Ramsey
22. Gosiewski🕺
There is something seriously wrong with Griffin's brain......

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
St George Illawarra vs Canberra
It would be funny to see Canberra, also playing for pride and without a coach beat us, which I think will happen.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

RAIDERS v DRAGONS

Raiders:

Correct

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Epic trolling by the club. On the club website they say, "Sims ruled out for regular season" as if they are going to make the finals. Someone is making fun of the fans.

A club in crisis

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Final team:

Dragons:​

1. Cody Ramsey
  2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Moses Mbye
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Tautau Moga
  6. Talatau Amone
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Jack de Belin
  9. Andrew McCullough
  10. Blake Lawrie
  11. Josh Mcguire
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Jack Bird
  14. Michael Molo
  15. Aaron Woods
  16. Tyrell Fuimaono
  17. Billy Burns.
Replacement player: 18. Jaiyden Hunt

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Final team:

1. Cody Ramsey
  2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Moses Mbye
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Tautau Moga
  6. Talatau Amone
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Jack de Belin
  9. Andrew McCullough
  10. Blake Lawrie
  11. Josh Mcguire
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Jack Bird
  14. Michael Molo
  15. Aaron Woods
  16. Tyrell Fuimaono
  17. Billy Burns.
Hmm better than what we had no backs on the bench, Sloan has disappeared again. That indicates to me with 4 forwards on the bench we are going to try and beat them in the middle of the park. I'm really worried about Mbye against the Raiders centre. The kicking game will be very important. I think it's a bit of a mismatch in the halves. The plus is Hunt v Fogarty the big minus is Amone v Wighton. They are missing Tarpine but that Guler is a big unit but may tire because of lack of match time. Most of our attacking will be Lomax side of the park. We traditionally don't beat the Raiders at their home ground.

Last edited:

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Final team:

1. Cody Ramsey
  2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Moses Mbye
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Tautau Moga
  6. Talatau Amone
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Jack de Belin
  9. Andrew McCullough
  10. Blake Lawrie
  11. Josh Mcguire
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Jack Bird
  14. Michael Molo
  15. Aaron Woods
  16. Tyrell Fuimaono
  17. Billy Burns.
Moga on the wing, JDB back out of his best position to accommodate Bird, McGuire in the second row. A team filled with youth, enthusiasm and speed (sarcasm). Well done coach😵!

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Moga on the wing, JDB back out of his best position to accommodate Bird, McGuire in the second row. A team filled with youth, enthusiasm and speed (sarcasm). Well done coach😵!
🤣 sometimes you just have to laugh. Only playing for pride. Look at it as a comedy.