Round 3 vs Broncos

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Good news. Only a one week suspension:

St George Illawarra Dragons player Madison Bartlett cops suspension for bite​

Winger for St George Illawarra, Madison Bartlett has been banned for a single NRLW game for biting an opponent on the arm.

Bartlett was referred straight to the judiciary for the incident. She plead guilty, and was consequently suspended for one game by the panel after they deliberated for an hour.

The Dragons star was charged for biting the arm of Parramatta five-eighth Sereana Naitokatoka during Sunday's rain-soaked Round 2 clash at Wollongong's WIN Stadium.

St George Illawarra had forced a dropout, when Bartlett carried the ball back and was met by Naitokatoka and another Eels player.

While on the ground, Bartlett bit the arm of the tackler (watch the video above).

The Eels complained to the referee a short time after the incident, and Bartlett was cited.

She will miss this week's clash with Brisbane, but will be available for their Round 4 game against the Knights the following week.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Here is the full team. It's time, in my opinion to get behind these fine ladies. The way they are playing, I think they are doing a tremendous job strengthening the club.

St George Illawarra Dragons NRL Telstra Women's Premiership coach Jamie Soward has named a 23-woman squad ahead of the Dragons' Round 3 clash against the Brisbane Broncos at CommBank Stadium on Sunday, March 13 (12pm).

Kody House has taken the early guilty plea on a shoulder charge citing and will miss this weekend's top of the table clash against the Broncos.

Jaime Chapman (concussion), Talei Holmes and captain Kezie Apps (both hand) have all been named with a call on their availability to be made closer to kick-off.

NRL Women's Premiership squad for Round 3 v Brisbane Broncos –​

1. Emma Tonegato – proudly sponsored by Les Nereides
2. Teagan Berry – proudly sponsored by EFEX
3. Jaime Chapman – proudly sponsored by TripADeal
4. Page McGregor – proudly sponsored by Modus Projects
5. Madison Bartlett (suspended)– proudly sponsored by HWL Ebsworth Lawyers
6. Taliah Fuimaono – proudly sponsored by Classic
7. Rachael Pearson – proudly sponsored by St.George Bank
8. Elsie Albert – proudly sponsored by Deicorp
9. Keeley Davis – proudly sponsored by Rufus and CoCo
10. Kezie Apps (c) – proudly sponsored by Scenic World
11. Talei Holmes – proudly sponsored by ELMO Software
12. Shaylee Bent – proudly sponsored by WhiteGlo
13. Holli Wheeler – proudly sponsored by Bryopin
Interchange:
14. Quincy Dodd – proudly sponsored by CBC Group
15. Renee Targett – proudly sponsored by The LoveChain
16. Tegan Dymock – proudly sponsored by St George Food Distributors
17. Janelle Williams – proudly sponsored by Gearbox
18. Shellie Long
19. Keele Browne
20. Chantel Tugaga
21. Aliti Namoce
22. Alexandra Sulusi
23. Matilda Power

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Here is the full team. It's time, in my opinion to get behind these fine ladies. The way they are playing, I think they are doing a tremendous job strengthening the club.

St George Illawarra Dragons NRL Telstra Women's Premiership coach Jamie Soward has named a 23-woman squad ahead of the Dragons' Round 3 clash against the Brisbane Broncos at CommBank Stadium on Sunday, March 13 (12pm).

Kody House has taken the early guilty plea on a shoulder charge citing and will miss this weekend's top of the table clash against the Broncos.

Jaime Chapman (concussion), Talei Holmes and captain Kezie Apps (both hand) have all been named with a call on their availability to be made closer to kick-off.

NRL Women's Premiership squad for Round 3 St George Illawarra Dragons v Brisbane Broncos​

Interchange:
18. Shellie Long
19. Keele Browne
20. Chantel Tugaga
21. Aliti Namoce
22. Alexandra Sulusi
23. Matilda Power
They are bringing in more sponsorship and a lot of good publicity.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
But to be devils advocate, the bite and shoulder charge wasn't such good publicity.
There was nothing in that shoulder charge. The arm was wrapping around but she got her timing slightly off. Obviously nothing in the 'bite' either.

Sydney Rorters NRLW by spending big but being so bad are getting much worse publicity than St George. St George is getting a torrent a good publicity with a few blips.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

NRL Women's Premiership squad for Round 3 v Brisbane Broncos​

Interchange:
18. Shellie Long
19. Keele Browne
20. Chantel Tugaga
21. Aliti Namoce
22. Alexandra Sulusi
23. Matilda Power
It was actually the first full game of NRLW I had watched. I mean round 2. I was really impressed with #1. Fast, skillful and a good defender. Also #2. It wasn't really good conditions for a winger but her speed was very impressive. The entire forward pack was strong as it had to be in such conditions. Elsie Albert is of course getting all the headlines. Miss Fuimaono was guilty of overplaying her hand when the storm struck but until then, she was controlling the game very well.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
It was actually the first full game of NRLW I had watched. I mean round 2. I was really impressed with #1. Fast, skillful and a good defender. Also #2. It wasn't really good conditions for a winger but her speed was very impressive. The entire forward pack was strong as it had to be in such conditions. Elsie Albert is of course getting all the headlines. Miss Fuimaono was guilty of overplaying her hand when the storm struck but until then, she was controlling the game very well.
The defence was brutal at times. Especially after and during the storm, Parra could hardly get out of their own half. I can't remember them ever going close to scoring. Evn in the second half of the first half when they were camped on our line.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
This is going to be tough. A win would be nice but most important is to be close so we can get them when at full strength.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
So St George are going to rake the ball out on the last tackle near the halfway? Good one. The ref is taking the piss out of us.

Eric

Staff
If we can score next, I think we are going to come over the top of the Broncos. The penalty that led to their first try was an idiotic decision but we got a square up when they stole the ball one one one and we got a penalty.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
If we can score next, I think we are going to come over the top of the Broncos. The penalty that led to their first try was an idiotic decision but we got a square up when they stole the ball one one one and we got a penalty.
But we didn't score off it! That's the big difference!