Round 5 vs Sydney Roosters

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Tonegato was the difference between the two teams. Need to intensively practice the goal kicking this week.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

St George Illawarra Dragons close in on minor premiership​

Dragons fullback Emma Tonegato produced a masterclass in attack and defence​

The Red V downed the Roosters 16-10 at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium on Saturday. The Dragons' win was their fourth in five games and they sit at the top of the ladder with a points differential of +56. The second-placed Broncos have a differential of +36 so would need a big win over the Eels on Sunday if they are to deny the Dragons the minor premiership.

Jamie Soward's team got off to a flyer when PNG international Elsie Albert powered across in the eighth minute after taking an inside pass from hooker Keeley Davis. The Roosters looked to have hit back through Brydie Parker in the 16th minute but the try was disallowed due to obstruction by Yasmin Meakes in the lead-up.

Olivia Higgins also had a chance to post the Roosters' first try but she grounded the ball on the foot of Dragons defender Holli Wheeler and a knock on was ruled. With two minutes to play in the half it was Tonegato coming up with one of the plays of the season when she cut down a flying Jess Sergis with a magnificent cover tackle to keep the scoreline at 4-0.

The Dragons added tries to Kody House and Tonegato in the space of two minutes early in the second term but missed conversions proved costly as the margin stayed at 12. Sarah Togatuki's barnstorming try in the 46th minute was converted by Zehara Temara and the Roosters were back within six points. With the Roosters gaining confidence and creating plenty of chances it was Dragons winger Madison Bartlett who grabbed an intercept and raced 70 metres to give the Red V some breathing space at 16-6.

Despite the best efforts of the Roosters as they felt their season slipping away it was the Dragons holding firm until Isabelle Kelly grabbed a consolation try in the 70th minute. Among a host of stars for the Dragons centre Page McGregor kept Sergis under control with some solid defensive plays while skipper Kezie Apps showed plenty of courage to run for over 100 metres and make 24 tackles.

Is it weird for a guy to be a groupie for a chic? Because I think I might be that for Emma Tonegato.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

The Red V downed the Roosters 16-10 at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium on Saturday. The Dragons' win was their fourth in five games and they sit at the top of the ladder with a points differential of +56. The second-placed Broncos have a differential of +36 so would need a big win over the Eels on Sunday if they are to deny the Dragons the minor premiership.

Jamie Soward's team got off to a flyer when PNG international Elsie Albert powered across in the eighth minute after taking an inside pass from hooker Keeley Davis. The Roosters looked to have hit back through Brydie Parker in the 16th minute but the try was disallowed due to obstruction by Yasmin Meakes in the lead-up.

Olivia Higgins also had a chance to post the Roosters' first try but she grounded the ball on the foot of Dragons defender Holli Wheeler and a knock on was ruled. With two minutes to play in the half it was Tonegato coming up with one of the plays of the season when she cut down a flying Jess Sergis with a magnificent cover tackle to keep the scoreline at 4-0.

The Dragons added tries to Kody House and Tonegato in the space of two minutes early in the second term but missed conversions proved costly as the margin stayed at 12. Sarah Togatuki's barnstorming try in the 46th minute was converted by Zehara Temara and the Roosters were back within six points. With the Roosters gaining confidence and creating plenty of chances it was Dragons winger Madison Bartlett who grabbed an intercept and raced 70 metres to give the Red V some breathing space at 16-6.

Despite the best efforts of the Roosters as they felt their season slipping away it was the Dragons holding firm until Isabelle Kelly grabbed a consolation try in the 70th minute. Among a host of stars for the Dragons centre Page McGregor kept Sergis under control with some solid defensive plays while skipper Kezie Apps showed plenty of courage to run for over 100 metres and make 24 tackles.

Is it weird for a guy to be a groupie for a chic? Because I think I might be that for Emma Tonegato.
No, not weird at all. If I had the chance I'd do what the commentator said from last week said and take her from behind.

But in all seriousness, they are an amazing credit to the club. They needed to get the extremely low % plays out of thier system before the finals. They did that so next week is hopefully, all systems go.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
No, not weird at all. If I had the chance I'd do what the commentator said from last week said and take her from behind.

But in all seriousness, they are an amazing credit to the club. They needed to get the extremely low % plays out of thier system before the finals. They did that so next week is hopefully, all systems go.
The only thing these girls are lacking is their own calendar.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup

Emma Tonegato is my heroine. Gold Coast up next week. They need to cut out the low % plays like Brisbane. Do that and victory is almost assured.

Eric

Staff

St George Illawarra close in on minor premiership​

I didn't see the game but I saw the highlights. Miss Tonegato is really something! https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2022/03/26/match-highlights-nrlw-round-5-v-roosters/

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup