Round 9 vs Cronulla Sharks

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
There is no reason at all we shouldn't be able to beat the Sharks with only a few changes. We need some speed in the outside backs. Time to give Tamale and/or Finau a chance. If we had very fast wingers, Jack Bird might be an ok centre. A stop-gap solution. And the time has surely come to select at least Toby Couchman, maybe Ryan as well. Forwards who can tackle and make good running metres. That only leaves 5/8 the big problem.

It will be very interesting to see the team released tomorrow afternoon.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Team I hope to see as Suli is out:
  1. Sloan
  2. Rava
  3. Lomax
  4. Tamale
  5. Finau
  6. Flanagan
  7. Hunt
  8. Frank Molo
  9. Liddle
  10. Sele
  11. Su'a
  12. Luciano
  13. JDB
  14. Bird
  15. Toby Couchman
  16. RFM
  17. Lawrie
Tough calls to leave Ryan Couchman and Eisenhuth out. Sele is on notice.

Red T

SGI Junior League
I agree we need a speedy winger. Sloan would fit the bill—but who would play fullback. When Don Young got into the clear and was one-on-one with Sloan. I thought this will be interesting. But Young kicked and Sloan easily covered the kick.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I agree we need a speedy winger. Sloan would fit the bill—but who would play fullback. When Don Young got into the clear and was one-on-one with Sloan. I thought this will be interesting. But Young kicked and Sloan easily covered the kick.
I think Rava will be back.

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
You all have to remember Flanno doesn't like change and doesn't like rookies.
Then pick the team.

Suli, Luciano, Rawa out?

I guess Flanno picks something similar to this side

1. Sloan
2. CT
3. Feagai
4. Bird
5. Lomax
6. Flanno
7. Hunt
8. Sele
9. Liddle
10. Molo
11. Sua
12. RFM
13. Eisenhuth

14. Nu
15. Lawrie
16. JDB
17. BMM

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Suli, Luciano, Rawa out?

1. Sloan
2. CT
3. Feagai
4. Bird
5. Lomax
6. Flanno
7. Hunt
8. Sele
9. Liddle
10. Molo
11. Sua
12. RFM
13. Eisenhuth

14. Nu
15. Lawrie
16. JDB
17. BMM
That's probably what it will be. My list is what I hope to see, not what I think it'll be.

Don't know what we are going to do witj Kyle Flanno. He's just not up to it. As his last 3 coaches believed. Maybe he can make it as a hooker but he's not a 5/8. Problem is Flanno snr won't hear of it.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
For the Dragons, Savelio Tamale bagged a double, got three linebreaks, a linebreak assist, six tackle busts and ran for 155 metres. With Moses Suli set to miss Round 9 due to a concussion, Tamale could be in line to make his NRL debut on the wing if Zac Lomax moves to centre.

Tamale was one of the few up-and-coming backs singled out by Dragons legend Jason Nightingale last week as someone with a bright future at the club.

Flanno will probably go with Zac and Bird centres, Ravs and CT on the wings.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Suli, Luciano, Rawa out?

1. Sloan
2. CT
3. Feagai
4. Bird
5. Lomax
6. Flanno
7. Hunt
8. Sele
9. Liddle
10. Molo
11. Sua
12. RFM
13. Eisenhuth

14. Nu
15. Lawrie
16. JDB
17. BMM
Rav and Luch haven't trained but it's only early in the week, if they don't play this will be close to the 17

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Rav and Luch haven't trained but it's only early in the week, if they don't play this will be close to the 17
FFS Flanno, they lost by 42 points! Time to be bold.
Make It Stop The Office GIF

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
Surely the couchmans are close to selection, I'd prefer them over lawrie tbh. We need BMM size, he's the only one in the fwd pack with genuine size & he was troubling roosters defenders with his carries.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Surely the couchmans are close to selection, I'd prefer them over lawrie tbh. We need BMM size, he's the only one in the fwd pack with genuine size & he was troubling roosters defenders with his carries.
I think Frank Molo is bigger than BMM.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
molo: 183cm, 110kg
bmm: 186cm, 118kg
Ok. Zero tackle has Molo at 112kg. Not a big difference but the difference on the field was similar last week but very different other weeks. Molo's stats are much better. I think Flanno has to get used to not picking BMM unless there are a number of injuries in the forwards.