Round 9 vs Cronulla Sharks

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Riverting changes to the 17, 1 . There will be a bounce back from the embarrassing non effort last week but will it be enough to be competitive against the current ladder leaders well time will tell.

Eric

Staff
Well the only things I can come up with is:
1. The coach has faith in his current squad
2. He believes that our other fringe players such as the Couchmans etc just are not ready for the rigours of 1st grade.

Other than that it is a head scratcher.
1. Is he mad? They lost by 42 points to a likely fringe top 8 team.
2. Delusional. They were already better than Frank Molo, Mike Molo, BMM last year.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I'm afraid this:
So Kyle got his second coaches award for his efforts in the ANZAC game.
and this
Well the only things I can come up with is:
1. The coach has faith in his current squad
2. He believes that our other fringe players such as the Couchmans etc just are not ready for the rigours of 1st grade.

Other than that it is a head scratcher.
Is good confirmation he is:
1. Putting Kyle ahead of the team.
2. Has lost it. Maybe lost it as a first grade coach or just lost it period.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
We have 60 effing points put on us yet all the duds responsible remain to stink up again and further embarrass us. What has to happen before some of the next in lines are given a crack, 100 points. We have lucked out with another coach.
Agree completely. Hard to understand. Also got flogged against NQ and Dolphins. So in 8 rounds, flogged 3 times and coach pretty much sticks with the same 17. Astonishing.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
So Kyle got his second coaches award for his efforts in the ANZAC game.
TBH it's even worse than that looks. He is supposed to be a playmaker rather than a ball runner but his playmaking sills are almost non-existent. He catches and passes. He caught teams out twice by dummying and running but not that trick has now expired as well.
Just on Kyle Flanagan, the coach probably really believes he's one of the best players in the competition and can't understand why one else agrees. It's up to someone from above to pull Flanno aside and lay down the law. Make it very clear the team comes before his son.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Other than his brain dead dummies when a pass is needed he is going ok for mine. His defense is top shelf. The sook remains our weak link, but I expect the coach reckons he too is one of the comps best halfs.
His defence was disgraceful against the Roosters. His running game is almost non-existent.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I already picked the Shonkies to smash us, with Flanno and his excellent no changes after conceding 60 points and his awarding Kyle Flanno coaches player of the game but I'm going to say our best will be:
  • Eisenhuth. He will at least be out to redeem himself after last week. Kyle thinks he played well so he won't be out to make amends.
  • First try for us (maybe the only one) JDB. Put on a bit of late footwork near the line to crash over.
Flanno is starting off so similar to how Hook started. Recruiting all these journeyman favorites. Not making any changes even after abomination games. Obviously favouring certain players and obviously not liking others. Flanno favours Bird and Kyle and hates Lomax.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I already picked the Shonkies to smash us, with Flanno and his excellent no changes after conceding 60 points and his awarding Kyle Flanno coaches player of the game but I'm going to say our best will be:
  • Eisenhuth. He will at least be out to redeem himself after last week. Kyle thinks he played well so he won't be out to make amends.
  • First try for us (maybe the only one) JDB. Put on a bit of late footwork near the line to crash over.
Flanno is starting off so similar to how Hook started. Recruiting all these journeyman favorites. Not making any changes even after abomination games. Obviously favouring certain players and obviously not liking others. Flanno favours Bird and Kyle and hates Lomax.
Analysis = true

Our best will be Lomax
Our first try will be CT on the end of a nice pass from Lomax.

Eric

Staff
I hope they aren't flogged but that might be what it takes for Flanno to stat making changes.
That's what I was saying or thinking right through Hook's tenure but the floggings kept happening and hardly any if any changes week after week until he was sacked. Carr made some significant changes and there was improvement but now we are back at square one.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
That's what I was saying or thinking right through Hook's tenure but the floggings kept happening and hardly any if any changes week after week until he was sacked. Carr made some significant changes and there was improvement but now we are back at square one.
It's even worse now because there are more options. The only position there aren't really any good options for is 5/8. Go figure. Flanno doesn't want him under any pressure.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup

Shane Flanagan’s dig at Sharks ahead of reunion​

Shane Flanagan is the only man to coach the Sharks to a premiership, a point he was happy to remind them of ahead of his reunion with the Cronulla side​

Shane Flanagan’s comments about his former club Cronulla after St George Illawarra’s heavy loss last week went down like a lead balloon at the Sharks. Only moments after the Dragons were put to the sword by the Sydney Roosters on Anzac Day, Flanagan diverted attention from defeat and looked ahead to this Sunday and a date that had been circled in his calendar for some time.

Flanagan is the only man to coach the Sharks to a premiership, a point he was happy to make after the Roosters defeat. He added that they haven’t won one since he left. Sharks types rolled their eyes. They know Flanagan only too well and they knew this was coming. They wouldn’t expect any less.

They also remember what he did for them at a time when the club was run on the smell of an oily rag. Flanagan gave his blood, sweat, tears to the Sharks and senior figures at the club haven’t forgotten.They love Craig Fitzgibbon. He may be the best thing that has happened to the Sharks since Flanagan left.

You get the feeling they wouldn’t trade him for any other coach in the game including Wayne Bennett and Craig Bellamy. But if Fitzgibbon were to ever leave – and Sharks officials are praying that day is a long time away – don’t rule out Flanagan’s name being mentioned in the corridors of power at Cronulla.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think Flanno had better stop worrying what the Sharks are doing and concentrate on what he's doing at the Dragons. Because so far it's piss-poor!

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

St George Illawarra confirmed team:

1. Tyrell Sloan
  2. Christian Tuipulotu
  3. Jack Bird
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa
  6. Kyle Flanagan
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Francis Molo
  9. Jacob Liddle
  10. Hame Sele
  11. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
  12. Jaydn Su'A
  13. Tom Eisenhuth

14. Fa'amanu Brown
  15. Blake Lawrie
  16. Jack de Belin
  17. Ben Murdoch-Masila

18. Michael Molo
  19. Mathew Feagai

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

St George Illawarra confirmed team:

1. Tyrell Sloan
  2. Christian Tuipulotu
  3. Jack Bird
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa
  6. Kyle Flanagan
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Francis Molo
  9. Jacob Liddle
  10. Hame Sele
  11. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
  12. Jaydn Su'A
  13. Tom Eisenhuth

14. Fa'amanu Brown
  15. Blake Lawrie
  16. Jack de Belin
  17. Ben Murdoch-Masila

18. Michael Molo
  19. Mathew Feagai
He might have told the team before round 1 something like, "I'll stick with basically the same team for the first 10 rounds so you all have a chance. If we are not traveling well, there will be a lot of changes after round 10."

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Effing unbelievable to have clone coaches one after the other. :mad:

As if having to play the second top ranked side is not pressure enuff, our esteemed coach had to stoke the fire by saying the ''Sharks had not won a premiership since he coached them''. That is silly and egotistical for mine, not mere 'banter' as he put it.