Slippery Morris

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
My prayers go out to the Morris family today. Our Dragons legend Slippery Morris suffered a massive stroke at 65 yrs of age and currently in the ICU. Hope he recovers. God bless
I hope everything goes ok and he recovers but what have I been talking about for 2 years? Granted heart attacks are more common but if this was caused by a blood clot......

• Wow
Reactions: QDF

DragonsTragic

SGI Jersey Flegg
My prayers go out to the Morris family today. Our Dragons legend Slippery Morris suffered a massive stroke at 65 yrs of age and currently in the ICU. Hope he recovers. God bless
Sad to hear, way too young to be hit with something like this, especially someone so fit in his younger days. As a 51 year old recovering from heart surgery earlier this year, I can't stress enough the importance of men facing up to their mortality and going to see the doctor regularly. I would be in a terrible state by now if I hadn't.

Eric

Staff
Sad to hear, way too young to be hit with something like this, especially someone so fit in his younger days. As a 51 year old recovering from heart surgery earlier this year, I can't stress enough the importance of men facing up to their mortality and going to see the doctor regularly. I would be in a terrible state by now if I hadn't.
Glad you seem to have recovered pretty well.
Is this just a rumour? I haven't heard anything about it. You'd think given his standing in the game along with Josh and a turncoat traitor, it wold have made the news.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
STEVE MORRIS RECOVERING FROM EMERGENCY BRAIN SURGERY

NRL news 2023: Steve “Slippery” Morris recovering after emergency brain surgery

Phil Rothfield
Daily Telegraph

St George legend Steve “Slippery” Morris is recovering in hospital after emergency brain surgery.

The 66-year-old former NSW and Australian half was rushed from his home in Kiama on the NSW south coast to Prince of Wales Hospital for an operation to remove a clot from his brain.

He had been having a coffee with friends on Wednesday morning when he suffered a stroke and collapsed to the ground.

The coffee shop owner provided first aid and rang triple-0 for an ambulance.

His quick action probably saved Morris’ life.

He is now sitting up in his hospital bed and cracking jokes with the nurses.

Surgeons operated to remove the clot next to his brain and put in a stent to clear the blood vessel.

Morris’ son Josh, the former NRL centre, says his dad is lucky to have survived.

“It could have been a whole lot worse,” he said.

“Lucky we got him up to Prince of Wales in time. It looked really bad at first but it looks like he’s made a remarkable recovery.

“They did a scan and found a pretty substantial clot on his brain. They removed it in surgery.

“We visited him that night and he was sitting up and chatting.”

The good news is he’s expected to make a full recovery.

Josh has thanked those he helped save his dad’s life.

“I’d like to thank the people that helped him at Central Perk cafe in Kiama, our paramedics who are amazing and all the doctors and staff at both Wollongong and Prince of Wales hospitals.

“Dad obviously doesn’t like people making a fuss of him — that’s the person he is — but he’s certainly overwhelmed with all the well wishes he’s received.”

Doctors are unsure if the stroke could have been football related — however it is unlikely.

Slippery played 247 first grade games — 187 at St George then 60 for the Eastern Suburbs Roosters.

He also played 19 games in England for Leeds.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
STEVE MORRIS RECOVERING FROM EMERGENCY BRAIN SURGERY

NRL news 2023: Steve “Slippery” Morris recovering after emergency brain surgery

Phil Rothfield
Daily Telegraph

St George legend Steve “Slippery” Morris is recovering in hospital after emergency brain surgery.

The 66-year-old former NSW and Australian half was rushed from his home in Kiama on the NSW south coast to Prince of Wales Hospital for an operation to remove a clot from his brain.

He had been having a coffee with friends on Wednesday morning when he suffered a stroke and collapsed to the ground.

The coffee shop owner provided first aid and rang triple-0 for an ambulance.

His quick action probably saved Morris’ life.

He is now sitting up in his hospital bed and cracking jokes with the nurses.

Surgeons operated to remove the clot next to his brain and put in a stent to clear the blood vessel.

Morris’ son Josh, the former NRL centre, says his dad is lucky to have survived.

“It could have been a whole lot worse,” he said.

“Lucky we got him up to Prince of Wales in time. It looked really bad at first but it looks like he’s made a remarkable recovery.

“They did a scan and found a pretty substantial clot on his brain. They removed it in surgery.

“We visited him that night and he was sitting up and chatting.”

The good news is he’s expected to make a full recovery.

Josh has thanked those he helped save his dad’s life.

“I’d like to thank the people that helped him at Central Perk cafe in Kiama, our paramedics who are amazing and all the doctors and staff at both Wollongong and Prince of Wales hospitals.

“Dad obviously doesn’t like people making a fuss of him — that’s the person he is — but he’s certainly overwhelmed with all the well wishes he’s received.”

Doctors are unsure if the stroke could have been football related — however it is unlikely.

Slippery played 247 first grade games — 187 at St George then 60 for the Eastern Suburbs Roosters.

He also played 19 games in England for Leeds.
Hope for a full and speedy recovery.