THE WASHUP V ROOSTERS

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
As predicted unfortunately I said that the Roosters would attack our weakest links in defence especially the mismatch between Manu v Amone. So we went from missing 33 tackles against the ponies to missing 50 against the roosters. You cannot win games missing 50 tackles a game. The main offender's were the regular suspects: Bird 7/31, Hunt 6/7, Amone 5/20 and Mbye 7/19 . Our best defender McCullough only made 28 last week he made 50 but he was hooked in the 2nd half after being too slow to cover the gap in the middle which allowed another roosters try. I thought our best forward was Burns stats indicate that he was running for 131m 13 hit ups Bird was the only other forward to run 100m + so we were not going forward in the middle third of the field. I did mention also I was worried about McCullough v Verills match up with O'Connor coming on as a fresh dummy half leaving McCullough tanked sure enough he ran rampant in the 48 min he was on he ran 120m made 3 tackle busts scored a try set up another shortly after McCullough was hooked. We did try and matched them for 65 min but 3 tries in the last 15 really rubbed it in. We cannot afford to continue playing with 1 hooker even the roosters have woken up to that fact. It's time for Muhleisen. I'm afraid that we will not win a game this month with the Sea Eagles, Cowboys coming up. As a long time life supporter there needs to be change we leak far too many points to be competitive and our discipline is atrocious sad but true

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
As predicted unfortunately I said that the Roosters would attack our weakest links in defence especially the mismatch between Manu v Amone. So we went from missing 33 tackles against the ponies to missing 50 against the roosters. You cannot win games missing 50 tackles a game. The main offender's were the regular suspects: Bird 7/31, Hunt 6/7, Amone 5/20 and Mbye 7/19 . Our best defender McCullough only made 28 last week he made 50 but he was hooked in the 2nd half after being too slow to cover the gap in the middle which allowed another roosters try. I thought our best forward was Burns stats indicate that he was running for 131m 13 hit ups Bird was the only other forward to run 100m + so we were not going forward in the middle third of the field. I did mention also I was worried about McCullough v Verills match up with O'Connor coming on as a fresh dummy half leaving McCullough tanked sure enough he ran rampant in the 48 min he was on he ran 120m made 3 tackle busts scored a try set up another shortly after McCullough was hooked. We did try and matched them for 65 min but 3 tries in the last 15 really rubbed it in. We cannot afford to continue playing with 1 hooker even the roosters have woken up to that fact. It's time for Muhleisen. I'm afraid that we will not win a game this month with the Sea Eagles, Cowboys coming up. As a long time life supporter there needs to be change we leak far too many points to be competitive and our discipline is atrocious sad but true
The best team such as Melbourne and Penrith have one hooker playing for 80min and a utility taking over only in the event of injury.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Hunt missed 6 tackles and only made 7?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Hunt missed 6 tackles and only made 7?
Yep according to the stats. Look he is our only playmaker so every team targets him yet we fail to protect him its really not rocket science if I can see it surely others within the club can and address the issue. If we had an actual attacking option on the other side of the ruck then that would partly reduce this but we haven't. If I was coaching I would have given JDB the job of protector from round 1 in the defensive line but hell what would I know.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Yep according to the stats. Look he is our only playmaker so every team targets him yet we fail to protect him its really not rocket science if I can see it surely others within the club can and address the issue. If we had an actual attacking option on the other side of the ruck then that would partly reduce this but we haven't. If I was coaching I would have given JDB the job of protector from round 1 in the defensive line but hell what would I know.
I see.
So who is going to protect Mbye and Bird? I thought second rowers were supposed to protect playmakers, not be protected themselves!

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I see.

So who is going to protect Mbye and Bird? I thought second rowers were supposed to protect playmakers, not be protected themselves!
Dragons need a hard tackling second rower like Beau Scott was to protect the other second rower:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
As predicted unfortunately I said that the Roosters would attack our weakest links in defence especially the mismatch between Manu v Amone. So we went from missing 33 tackles against the ponies to missing 50 against the roosters.
..of which Amone contributed only 2 missed tackles of that 50. In the small clip I watched this morning he also saved a certain four pointer with a late diving effort. He does need to lift his defensive volume tho being in a prime middle of the field position.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
As a long time life supporter there needs to be change we leak far too many points to be competitive and our discipline is atrocious sad but true
Something drastic has to be done. What do you suggest jodragon40 jodragon40. Trouble is we as life long Dragons devotees are whistling in the wind as we can do nothing to show our officials the best way forward for the club.

Eric

Staff
Something drastic has to be done. What do you suggest jodragon40 jodragon40. Trouble is we as life long Dragons devotees are whistling in the wind as we can do nothing to show our officials the best way forward for the club.
IMO nothing drastic needs to be done. Just sack the coach and move Flanagan into the first grade role.

Eric

Staff
Considering Bird and Mybe are in the forwards, they are unbelievably bad stats. Bird misses more than 20% of the tackles he attempts and Mbye almost half! If Sowie had missed 20% of the tackles he attempted in the good ol days, Bennett would have blasted him. And Mbye would have been sent straight back to NSW Cup. But I'll make you a friendly bet, both Bird and Mybe are playing in the same positions next week.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Considering Bird and Mybe are in the forwards, they are unbelievably bad stats. Bird misses more than 20% of the tackles he attempts and Mbye almost half! If Sowie had missed 20% of the tackles he attempted in the good ol days, Bennett would have blasted him. And Mbye would have been sent straight back to NSW Cup. But I'll make you a friendly bet, both Bird and Mybe are playing in the same positions next week.
Unless the coach is sacked mid week.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
..of which Amone contributed only 2 missed tackles of that 50. In the small clip I watched this morning he also saved a certain four pointer with a late diving effort. He does need to lift his defensive volume tho being in a prime middle of the field position.
He missed 5 he's not in my run on team moving forward. Just my views

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
de Belin is a great enforcer but he can't enforce on the edges as Beau Scott used to do because he is too busy holding the middle together.
And that is the big issue with our team at the moment. A decent coach explains to each player the role their responsibilities in the team and in the game plan. However if 4 or 5 every bloody week can't do their jobs and responsibilities yes what you have said is very true

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Bennett protected Soward all the doomsayers said after Inglis used Soward as a speed hump in a game late in the season said we couldn't win the competition well I still wear the shirt that says we did 32-8

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
The best team such as Melbourne and Penrith have one hooker playing for 80min and a utility taking over only in the event of injury.
Really? I must be watching a different NRL competition than you. The Storm have Grant/ Smith, Penrith have Korosaui/ Kenny .This is just my opinion but when you have a hooker who is 30+ yrs of age and his sole responsibility is to plug up the middle of the park and has no attacking responsibility then you need a 2nd hooker who can come on after the softening up period after 25 min and bring some spark to the team not only in defence but also in attack. We will agree to disagree on this point amicably