Top 8 2024 Predictions

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
A bit of fun before the competition starts on Sunday, who are your top 8 teams for this season? These are my thoughts based on squad strength and team/player statistics:

1. Brisbane Broncos
2. Sydney Roosters
3. Penrith Panthers
4. NZ Warriors
5. Melbourne Storm
6. South Sydney Rabbitohs
7. Cronulla Sharks
8. Newcastle Knights

Any thoughts?

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
A bit of fun before the competition starts on Sunday, who are your top 8 teams for this season? These are my thoughts based on squad strength and team/player statistics:

1. Brisbane Broncos
2. Sydney Roosters
3. Penrith Panthers
4. NZ Warriors
5. Melbourne Storm
7. Cronulla Sharks
8. Newcastle Knights

Any thoughts?
  1. Brisbane
  2. Penrith
  3. NZ
  4. Roosters
  5. Melbourne
  6. Souths
  7. NQ
  8. Gold Coast

Eric

Staff

1. Brisbane Broncos
2. Sydney Roosters
3. Penrith Panthers
4. NZ Warriors
5. Melbourne Storm
7. Cronulla Sharks
8. Newcastle Knights

Any thoughts?
I just hate giving any other teams credit. For example, it hurts to predict the Rorters doing well. Ditto for Souffs. Ditto for Bullgrubs. I was a kid in that period when St George was the second best team behind a Donkeys team that was basically the QLD Origin team. So I hate them too. In the case of Souffs and definitely Bullgrubs, don't have to predict them doing well.

The only teams I don't mind vis-a-vis St George is Newcastle, NZ, Gold Coast & Dolphins.
  1. Donkeys
  2. Rorters
  3. Panthers
  4. Warriors
  5. Cowboys
  6. Melbourne
  7. Newcastle
  8. St George Illawarra:)

Last edited:

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I just hate giving any other teams credit. For example, it hurts to predict the Rorters doing well. Ditto for Souffs. Ditto for Bullgrubs. I was a kid in that period when St George was the second best team behind a Donkeys team that was basically the QLD Origin team. So I hate them too. In the case of Souffs and definitely Bullgrubs, don't have to predict them doing well.

The only teams I don't mind vis-a-vis St George is Newcastle, NZ, Gold Coast & Dolphins.
  1. Donkeys
  2. Rorters
  3. Panthers
  4. Warriors
  5. Cowboys
  6. Melbourne
  7. Newcastle
  8. St George Illawarra:)
Agree I have a deep hatred of the Ponies especially after the way they celebrated their GF win against us by singing the stupid moronic made up song that St George couldn't play. Didn't like the rorters after the 75 GF. Don't like the Storm because of their special treatment. My 2nd favourite team back in the day was the Rabbits. I have a soft spot for the Warriors because of the way they continued playing during the pandemic, credit due there.

Eric

Staff
Agree I have a deep hatred of the Ponies especially after the way they celebrated their GF win against us by singing the stupid moronic made up song that St George couldn't play. Didn't like the rorters after the 75 GF. Don't like the Storm because of their special treatment. My 2nd favourite team back in the day was the Rabbits. I have a soft spot for the Warriors because of the way they continued playing during the pandemic, credit due there.
All the Sydney teams are to some extent competing with us for juniors and sponsorship $. Canberra do as well. I guess Tigers, Panthers and Sea Eagles are better than others but still..... I hate Melbourne because they introduced all those wrestling moves and because that year (when with a decent coach, Dragons would've thrashed them anyway) Melbourne knocked us out in the semi final when they were way over the cap. Can't say it cost us the premiership but...... I think there's a very good chance it cost us the premiership.

I don't mind Warriors doing well because it makes the competition better overall by taking Rugby Yawnion players. Or players who would play Rugby Yawnion. I don't mind Gold Coast and Dolphins because they are only making the Donkeys weaker. North QLD are another who I can't find any reason to hate.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
This is the minor premiership. I think Brisbane might fall at the last hurdle in the finals. Knocked out in the major semi.
  1. Penriff
  2. Donkeys
  3. Warriors
  4. North QLD
  5. Rorters
  6. Budgies
  7. Melbourne
  8. Gold Coast
Melbourne era has finally come to an end. They still have Munster, Grant, Papenhauzen who can break open a game

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
All the Sydney teams are to some extent competing with us for juniors and sponsorship $. Canberra do as well. I guess Tigers, Panthers and Sea Eagles are better than others but still..... I hate Melbourne because they introduced all those wrestling moves and because that year (when with a decent coach, Dragons would've thrashed them anyway) Melbourne knocked us out in the semi final when they were way over the cap. Can't say it cost us the premiership but...... I think there's a very good chance it cost us the premiership.

I don't mind Warriors doing well because it makes the competition better overall by taking Rugby Yawnion players. Or players who would play Rugby Yawnion. I don't mind Gold Coast and Dolphins because they are only making the Donkeys weaker. North QLD are another who I can't find any reason to hate.
Agree

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
This is the minor premiership. I think Brisbane might fall at the last hurdle in the finals. Knocked out in the major semi.
  1. Penriff
  2. Donkeys
  3. Warriors
  4. North QLD
  5. Rorters
  6. Budgies
  7. Melbourne
  8. Gold Coast
Melbourne era has finally come to an end. They still have Munster, Grant, Papenhauzen who can break open a game
Big call on Melbourne, I dislike them greatly for cheating and we were a victim of that cheating. But their pack is one of the best in the competition, dummy half is the best in the competition, halves pairing in the top 4 pairs. Their depth I'm not so sure about come origin time, hence outside the top 4 for me.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Dragons to make the to 8
Don't give a **** who the other teams are.
I love your loyalty and enthusiasm. God bless you. Perhaps 2025, let's build a foundation and reinvent the club and team culture, introduce a winning mindset and lastly ensure we have a big enough prop rotation, maybe even recruit a new playmaker. I hope your right but the stats say to me we can't make the top 8 this year sadly. That kills me to say.Go the big red v.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
They've been saying the Dragons are specials for the spoon the entire off season but now look at this:

Fox sports predicted ladder:

1. Panthers
  2. Broncos
  3. Roosters
  4. Storm
  5. Rabbitohs
  6. Sea Eagles
  7. Warriors
  8. Eels
  9. Titans
  10. Sharks
  11. Dolphins
  12. Cowboys
  13. Knights
  14. Dragons
  15. Raiders
  16. Bulldogs
  17. Tigers

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
They've been saying the Dragons are specials for the spoon the entire off season but now look at this:

Fox sports predicted ladder:

1. Panthers
  2. Broncos
  3. Roosters
  4. Storm
  5. Rabbitohs
  6. Sea Eagles
  7. Warriors
  8. Eels
  9. Titans
  10. Sharks
  11. Dolphins
  12. Cowboys
  13. Knights
  14. Dragons
  15. Raiders
  16. Bulldogs
  17. Tigers
The better the Shonkies are, the worse the Dragons are. Even if they cheat the salary cap, get caught and but are allowed to get away with it regardless.