jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
J
Still early days but if jodragon40 jodragon40 wins this tipping also......... I don't know what I'll do apart from being unhappy.

Looked like terrible injury to Ryan Papenhuyzen.
Just trying to fire up some competition, it's not personal, but as Johnny Farham said once, 1 is the loneliest number. I just feel lonely at the top, week after week, year after year.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Does anyone have a good idea on how to add up the for and against for every game, win or loose? If not, I'm going to first see who got the most right. If they are equal, I'm going to go with the closest to the right scores in the most games. If anyone has a better idea, please share. It's very easy except adding up the for and against for both games tipped correctly and incorrectly.

So after game 1 jodragon40 jodragon40 is ahead.
After game 2 Edward Edward wins
After game 3 GCRV GCRV wins
After game 4 DragonsTragic BDC wins

So it's out of those 4:
jodragon40 jodragon40 was -16 in tipping the score.
Edward Edward was -4 after game 2
GCRV GCRV was -2 after game 3
DragonsTragic BDC was right for game 4

Going to trial a new scoring system: First place gets 8 points, second gets 4 points, 3rd gets 2

So:
  1. DragonsTragic BDC 8 points
  2. GCRV GCRV 4 points
  3. Edward Edward 2 points
Not really fair is it? Another way is to add up the score for all 4. So in that case:
jodragon40 jodragon40 missed by a total of 43 points
Edward Edward missed by a total of 53
GCRV GCRV missed by a total of 45
DragonsTragic BDC missed by a 51

Then again, literally everyone got 3 of 4 so maybe it's better to just ignore this round and next time, only tip the score for one game.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Does anyone have a good idea on how to add up the for and against for every game, win or loose? If not, I'm going to first see who got the most right. If they are equal, I'm going to go with the closest to the right scores in the most games. If anyone has a better idea, please share. It's very easy except adding up the for and against for both games tipped correctly and incorrectly.

So it's out of those 4:

Going to trial a new scoring system: First place gets 8 points, second gets 4 points, 3rd gets 2

So:
  2. GCRV GCRV 4 points
Not really fair is it? Another way is to add up the score for all 4. So in that case:

Then again, literally everyone got 3 of 4 so maybe it's better to just ignore this round and next time, only tip the score for one game.
Anything to make life easier for you

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg

So it's out of those 4:

So:
  2. GCRV GCRV 4 points

If it's easier you could just give me first place if you want. I don't mind.

Eric

Staff

So it's out of those 4:

So:
  2. GCRV GCRV 4 points

What's with the mental gymnastics? Just add up how much each person was off in the for and against. jodragon40 jodragon40 wins. He was a little lucky due to the blowout score in the Broncos - Storm game but what do they say about making one's own luck?

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
What's with the metal gymnastics? Just add up how much each person was off in the for and against. jodragon40 jodragon40 wins. He was a little lucky due to the blowout score in the Broncos - Storm game but what do they say about making one's own luck?
  1. jodragon40 jodragon40 = 8
  2. GCRV GCRV = 4
  3. DragonsTragic BDC = 2
I'm going to hold off on making tips for this week until Sean Johnson is confirmed as playing or not. And Melbourne will beat Roosters but waiting to see by how much depending on who plays.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
What's with the mental gymnastics? Just add up how much each person was off in the for and against. jodragon40 jodragon40 wins. He was a little lucky due to the blowout score in the Broncos - Storm game but what do they say about making one's own luck?
Thanks for undoing all Morgan Morgan's good work:mad:. Was it just me or was as plain as day it was all an attempt to not have jodragon40 jodragon40 win? Maybe we could all just agree to handicap jodragon40 jodragon40. Save the mental gymnastics.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Thanks for undoing all Morgan Morgan's good work:mad:. Was it just me or was as plain as day it was all an attempt to not have jodragon40 jodragon40 win? Maybe we could all just agree to handicap jodragon40 jodragon40. Save the mental gymnastics.
And imagine if he won even with the handicap? It's a lot close than people think. In 4 games JoDragon won by a total of 2 points!
I wasn't doing 'mental gymnastics'. Was just trying to think of a fair way to judge it. Should have only nominated for and against in one game.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
  1. Melbourne Storm vs Sydney Roosters - Melbourne by 22
  2. New Zealand Warriors vs Newcastle Knights - NZ by 10

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Morgan Morgan Should be a bonus 2 points for tipping the right margin. And next year, should be a bonus for getting 8 from 8. Wouldn't work with the shortened rounds.
  1. Melbourne Storm vs Sydney Roosters - Melbourne by 14
  2. New Zealand Warriors vs Newcastle Knights - NZ by 14

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Obviously it must be because I'm in Italy lol
Thankfully we no longer have to rely on carrier pigeons.
Sharknado 3 Cheers GIF by SYFY