Birmingham Commonwealth Games

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
This second largest multi sport event always has my interest. This time around it is being held in the English midlands city of Birmingham. We Aussies are the defending champ, smacked the Poms bums in 2018 on the Gold Coast. Will be looking for a repeat.

Last edited:

Eric

Staff
This second largest multi sport event always has my interest. This time around it is being held in the Engliash midlands city of Birmingham. We Aussies are the defending champ, smacked the Poms bums in 2018 on the Gold Coast. Will be looking for a repeat.
When I was a kid, I loved watching the Commonwealth Games because Australia used to win everything. Now I don't get so much into it because Australia still win almost everything and I find it too predictable.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
When I was a kid, I loved watching the Commonwealth Games because Australia used to win everything. Now I don't get so much into it because Australia still win almost everything and I find it too predictable.
Fair point. But unlike you I never tire of us winning. In fact I lap it up.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Living in the Southern Hemisphere and the Games in the Northern means most of us peasants wont see any live finals action as we will be sleeping. I used to record almost all live sporting events I missed but inexplicably I dont possess a recording device these days so will be tuning into the replays either on the box or Network 7 online.

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Being in the Southern Hemisphere and the Games in the Northern means we peasants dont see any live finals action as most of us will be sleeping. So I will be tuning into the replays the following arvo, either on the box or Network 7 online.
Surely finals will be on You Tube. At least if you use a VPN outside of any of the countries involved.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
In the past I'd have recorded any missed sporting events. But dont bother any more.

You mean watch live on YT? I dont use a VPN.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Yes. There is 9 hours difference between us and them. So when it is evening there when finals are held it is the middle of the nite here.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Since when were Australia's national colors a garish yellow and aquamarine.. and not the traditional bottle green and gold.

Let's hope we have more members here Morgan Morgan. Only you and I at the moment.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Since when were Australia's national colors a garish yellow and aquamarine.. and not the traditional bottle green and gold.

Let's hope we have more members here Morgan Morgan. Only you and I at the moment.
Video replays are seriously hard to find! What gives? Are broadcasting rights to the Commonwealth Games that lucrative? More than the Olympics?

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
We Aussies have doubled our medal tally on the second day of competition and now stand at 32 with 13 gold. England is clearly the next best nation with 21 medals but lagging in gold with just 5 but they have 12 silver. New Zealand continues to hold third place but has the second most gold with 7.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
We Aussies have doubled our medal tally on the second day of competition and now stand at 32 with 13 gold. England is clearly the next best nation with 21 medals but lagging in gold with just 5 but they have 12 silver. New Zealand continues to hold third place but has the second most gold with 7.
Why does Canada suck so badly?

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Special mention to mother Jess Stenson taking gold in the Marathon and Maddie De Rosario defending her wheelchair Marathon.