Final round v Broncos

Eric

Staff

St George Illawarra Dragons vs Brisbane Broncos at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, 5.30pm AEDT

Dragons team:

1. Cody Ramsey
  2. Tyrell Sloan
  3. Mathew Feagai
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Tautau Moga
  6. Talatau Amone
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Jack de Belin
  9. Jayden Sullivan
  10. Blake Lawrie
  11. Josh Mcguire
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Jack Bird
  14. Tyrell Fuimaono
  15. Jaiyden Hunt
  16. Jackson Ford
  17. Aaron Woods
  18. Jack Gosiewski
  19. Andrew McCullough
  20. Poasa Faamausili
  21. Joshua Coric
  22. Josh Kerr

After just scraping home in the last minute vs the wooden spooners, no one seriously expected any significant changes, did they?

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

St George Illawarra Dragons vs Brisbane Broncos at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, 5.30pm AEDT

Dragons team:

1. Cody Ramsey
  2. Tyrell Sloan
  3. Mathew Feagai
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Tautau Moga
  6. Talatau Amone
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Jack de Belin
  9. Jayden Sullivan
  10. Blake Lawrie
  11. Josh Mcguire
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Jack Bird
  14. Tyrell Fuimaono
  15. Jaiyden Hunt
  16. Jackson Ford
  17. Aaron Woods
  18. Jack Gosiewski
  19. Andrew McCullough
  20. Poasa Faamausili
  21. Joshua Coric
  22. Josh Kerr

After just scraping home in the last minute vs the wooden spooners, no one seriously expected any significant changes, did they?

Nope

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

Dragons team:

1. Cody Ramsey
  2. Tyrell Sloan
  3. Mathew Feagai
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Tautau Moga
  6. Talatau Amone
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Jack de Belin
  9. Jayden Sullivan
  10. Blake Lawrie
  11. Josh Mcguire
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Jack Bird
  14. Tyrell Fuimaono
  15. Jaiyden Hunt
  16. Jackson Ford
  17. Aaron Woods
  18. Jack Gosiewski
  19. Andrew McCullough
  20. Poasa Faamausili
  21. Joshua Coric
  22. Josh Kerr

What kind of moron would pick an exciting young team with an eye toward the future in the last game of the season when there is no chance of making the finals and no pressure on anyone?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
All top 30 players + development players minus those injured or suspended are available.
Never ever said that they weren't. Just my views on the reasons for not allowing any players outside the 17 to play more than 6 games

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
jodragon40 jodragon40 Do you think Mr Griffin will be tempted to give out hero, one Jack Gosiewski, one last game for the Red V? I'd bet you almost anything he is faster than Moga both over 20m and 100.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
jodragon40 jodragon40 Do you think Mr Griffin will be tempted to give out hero, one Jack Gosiewski, one last game for the Red V? I'd bet you almost anything he is faster than Moga both over 20m and 100.
It's really impossible to (honestly) say this coach doesn't have favourites and Jack Gosiewski aint one. At this point they could be talking about him as a future immortal and Hook wouldn't select him.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
He should because his playing won't mean any bonus payments because he has not played enough 1st grade games. Whether he will we will know on the day.

Eric

Staff
Last game. I wish I was excited about it but...... no. More enthusiastic about the Jersey Flegg side. Probably shouldn't be. Griffin will scour the NRL and ESL for veterans no other club wants before sighing any local juniors into the NRL side.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Last game. I wish I was excited about it but...... no. More enthusiastic about the Jersey Flegg side. Probably shouldn't be. Griffin will scour the NRL and ESL for veterans no other club wants before sighing any local juniors into the NRL side.
Where did it go so wrong?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Well it is being reported this morning that our boss Ryan Webb is suggesting that we are not celebrating but we have won more games this year than in the past 2, that's gratifying. Sticking with Griffin and there is some money in the salary cap to try and entice in his words not mine " Some big bodies in our pack". I believe that Ryan is a member of this forum in incognito lol. I may have mentioned the need for a big prop or 2 for next season once or twice myself. Seriously if an old broken down coach like me can call it as it is why oh why can't those suits in the boardroom do the same. Are they watching replays of the 2010 GF still?

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Round 2 against Penrith. Su'a was binned for what all the commentary agreed shouldn't have even been a penalty. Refs were blasted for allowing Penrith to so obviously and consistently slow down the ruck. And still, just one miss placed Lomax flick pass was the difference.

After that it all went pear-shaped very quickly.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Well it is being reported this morning that our boss Ryan Webb is suggesting that we are not celebrating but we have won more games this year than in the past 2, that's gratifying. Sticking with Griffin and there is some money in the salary cap to try and entice in his words not mine " Some big bodies in our pack". I believe that Ryan is a member of this forum in incognito lol. I may have mentioned the need for a big prop or 2 for next season once or twice myself. Seriously if an old broken down coach like me can call it as it is why oh why can't those suits in the boardroom do the same. Are they watching replays of the 2010 GF still?
You were right.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Gee, could they leave it any later to start recruiting for next year? Is this code for, "only a few old Broncos are available."

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
When we merged ..... St George should have stayed as they were , The Steelers should have stayed as they were ...... At the time I didn't like the merger or any merger but if it was to have happen I thought it would have been with the Sharks ......

Eric

Staff
When we merged ..... St George should have stayed as they were , The Steelers should have stayed as they were ...... At the time I didn't like the merger or any merger but if it was to have happen I thought it would have been with the Sharks ......
I am/was as big a St George supporter as anyone but I feel the merger was right. It may not seem so right now but moving forward, I think it ensures the clubs survival forever. And they still got to keep the name and colors. At some point, another 2 or 3 Sydney teams are going to be forced to relocate or go bust. The South Coast is growing rapidly and St George now has it all to themselves.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
What kind of moron would pick an exciting young team with an eye toward the future in the last game of the season when there is no chance of making the finals and no pressure on anyone?
I could not have put it any more succinctly mate. The inmates are running the asylum.

Last edited: