Final round v Broncos

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Gee, could they leave it any later to start recruiting for next year? Is this code for, "only a few old Broncos are available."
Nobody will be coming why on earth would you. It is also reporting what we can look forward to in 23,
1. Sign a new hooker who can be creative from dummy half, it mentioned our previous discard Robson or the only other available Liddle, seriously?
2. The continued development of Amone, Sullivan, Ramsey and M.Molo, its going to be be a very long season if that's it.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I am/was as big a St George supporter as anyone but I feel the merger was right. It may not seem so right now but moving forward, I think it ensures the clubs survival forever. And they still got to keep the name and colors. At some point, another 2 or 3 Sydney teams are going to be forced to relocate or go bust. The South Coast is growing rapidly and St George now has it all to themselves.
One day it'll work out well.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
When we merged ..... St George should have stayed as they were , The Steelers should have stayed as they were ...... At the time I didn't like the merger or any merger but if it was to have happen I thought it would have been with the Sharks ......
I was of the same mind at the time. Sharks were the obvious partner.. given their proximity to us.
But I did pose a question on the other thread as to " were any of you aware that at time of the JV, the St George RL had been financing and being productive in the South Coast region as well as the Shire. In fact well before the JV.. decades.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Nobody will be coming why on earth would you. It is also reporting what we can look forward to in 23,
1. Sign a new hooker who can be creative from dummy half, it mentioned our previous discard Robson or the only other available Liddle, seriously?
2. The continued development of Amone, Sullivan, Ramsey and M.Molo, its going to be be a very long season if that's it.
They are not considering the young players coming through. That is something in the teams favour.

Eric

Staff
I was of the same mind at the time. Sharks were the obvious partner.. given their proximity to us.
But I did pose a question on the other thread as to " were any of you aware that at time of the JV, the St George RL had been financing and being productive in the South Coast region as well as the Shire. In fact well before that.. decades.
Need to force the Sharks out of business. At least, encourage the natural process of this happening. They are surrounded by the Dragons on 3 sides and the ocean. I think you'll find even with their recent successes and our failures, Dragons still earn significantly more from sponsors. As the South Coast develops more and more, the financial power St George has over them will only increase.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Let's wait and see the top 30 for next year before writing them off. I think they are named in late November or early December, aren't they?
Honestly it won't matter unless we can entice 2 big props , metre eaters, it really doesn't matter who is coming through. One thing forwards need especially props is time and experience. Being shown the ropes by good quality older props, what lines to run, etc. I like our backline but in reality we need more speed on the outside lines.

Eric

Staff
Honestly it won't matter unless we can entice 2 big props , metre eaters, it really doesn't matter who is coming through. One thing forwards need especially props is time and experience. Being shown the ropes by good quality older props, what lines to run, etc. I like our backline but in reality we need more speed on the outside lines.
Agree 100% with all that. As for big props, Griffin recruited 3 last year. Woods, Burgess and Frank Molo. And that along with Mbye and McCullough is the crux of our problem.

I like all our outside backs but really need some more speed there. Hopefully Lobb will move up next year. Rava might have to move into the forwards if he can. Not fast enough for a winger. Feagai's are also centres. Not fast enough and too lazy for wingers. They might have to seek life elsewhere. Lomax isn't going anywhere. Suli was better than Lomax until he was injured.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
I am/was as big a St George supporter as anyone but I feel the merger was right. It may not seem so right now but moving forward, I think it ensures the clubs survival forever. And they still got to keep the name and colors. At some point, another 2 or 3 Sydney teams are going to be forced to relocate or go bust. The South Coast is growing rapidly and St George now has it all to themselves.
Maybe but it definitely doesn't look that way if part of the merger was to have a nursery of young players ..... At the present time we look like a rehab and retirement village for players .....

Eric

Staff
Wanna have a crack at your 30 Eric Eric.
After this round I certainly will. Will you start the new thread or should I? Mine is going to be stacked with young players. McCullough might see nout the final year of his contract but it'll be in the NSW Cup. if he can make the NSW Cup team. No reason he has to be in the top 30.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
With Moga going we surely will have that next season with the other Feagai brother or Ramsay in his place. And please let common sense prevail and start Sloan in the first match at the back. He can get all the tuturing for correct defensive protocol that the custodian has to manage, in the off and pre season. The kid will be so good for us but only in a position where he can use his prime assets..vision and skill.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
With Moga going we surely will have that next season with the other Feagai brother or Ramsay in his place. And please let common sense prevail and start Sloan in the first match at the back. He can get all the tuturing for correct defensive protocol that the custodian has to manage, in the off and pre season. The kid will be so good for us but only in a position where he can use his prime assets..vision and skill.
Ramsey on the wing Sloan at fullback would give us speed and attacking options but I fear we will never see that combination

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
No reason he has to be in the top 30.
But his bosum buddy Anthony Griffin will see he does at least up till his 10 match deadline. Then finally we may get us a skillful, running dummy half.
Ramsey on the wing Sloan at fullback would give us speed and attacking options but I fear we will never see that combination
Why do you say that? With a new coach and fresh ideas. Seems a no brainer. Hey I am now sounding more optimistic knowing Griffin has been given an ultimatum.

Last edited:

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
When you say not competitive until 2025, do you mean very serious contenders or just solid top 8? This year, no way Souffs or Faders will win but seems both will be in the top 8.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
When you say not competitive until 2025, do you mean very serious contenders or just solid top 8? This year, no way Souffs or Faders will win but seems both will be in the top 8.
2025 to me allows the club time to change its current culture, be more fiscal with salary cap, allow any current rising stars time to mature and see if they can take that last step to 1sts and allows the new coach time to reinvigorate the team and club sending it in a new direction and attract those players we need and give them time to re adjust .23 I fear we will be rock bottom time closer to wooden spoon than top 8 but then 24 the rebuild and 25 a competitive top 8 team. These are my views just based on my own experiences and being realistic