Final round v Broncos

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
allow any current rising stars time to mature and see if they can take that last step to 1sts
You refering to Muhleisen, Coric, Sherab etc. These kids wont want to wait three years to play top grade. They will think that they can play it sooner at another club. Take Sullivan, who has already tasted Firsts, he is already getting cold feet.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
You refering to Muhleisen, Coric, Sherab etc. These kids wont want to wait three years to play top grade. They will think that they can play it sooner at another club. Take Sullivan, who has already tasted Firsts, he is already getting cold feet.
Gone quiet on re-signing Hunt. Maybe it means they are taking our advice and letting him go.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Trust me when I tell you that there is nothing worse than introducing those you have named into the current culture. The development of any young player is extremely important to any club. Under our current coach and being introduced into a divided team will only harm our chances of keeping our young stars. Just my views

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Gone quiet on re-signing Hunt. Maybe it means they are taking our advice and letting him go.
Please. Doubt it tho as we have heard nothing from any other clubs for a while. It would solve so many of our conundrums if the case. Both he and McCullogh.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Trust me when I tell you that there is nothing worse than introducing those you have named into the current culture. The development of any young player is extremely important to any club. Under our current coach and being introduced into a divided team will only harm our chances of keeping our young stars. Just my views
Then start of 2024 season. Meantime give them all a clear indication that they are wanted by the club.

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Good point. I guess it's often got a lot more to do with the form/ability of young players.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
No longer than 2024 then. Give them a clear indication that they are wanted by the club too.
Agree need them to be in the 17 no later. The problem at the moment is that the board have given Griffin 10 games, to do what? Same top 30 but let's be realistic top 21 because 22 to 30 won't feature. If we are 5 from 10 in 23 what happens then? Let him ride out the remainder of his contract? Or bring in a new coach? By that time we would be nearly halfway through the competition. It makes no sense what the board are doing in my view, just cut your losses but financial it would hurt us

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
2025 to me allows the club time to change its current culture, be more fiscal with salary cap, allow any current rising stars time to mature and see if they can take that last step to 1sts and allows the new coach time to reinvigorate the team and club sending it in a new direction and attract those players we need and give them time to re adjust .23 I fear we will be rock bottom time closer to wooden spoon than top 8 but then 24 the rebuild and 25 a competitive top 8 team. These are my views just based on my own experiences and being realistic
Interesting

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Agree need them to be in the 17 no later. The problem at the moment is that the board have given Griffin 10 games, to do what? Same top 30 but let's be realistic top 21 because 22 to 30 won't feature. If we are 5 from 10 in 23 what happens then? Let him ride out the remainder of his contract? Or bring in a new coach? By that time we would be nearly halfway through the competition. It makes no sense what the board are doing in my view, just cut your losses but financial it would hurt us
Then who is going to take the place of McGuire, Ford, Gosiewski Burns, Moga, Faamausili and possibly Macca, Kerr, Woods if not a several of this years NSW Cup / Flegg teams?

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
It makes no sense what the board are doing in my view, just cut your losses but financial it would hurt us
Cause it doesn't. The Front Office has lost the plot. Have they learned anything from the Tigers situation with Maguire, apparently not.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Then who is going to take the place of McGuire, Ford, Gosiewski Burns, Moga, Faamausili and possibly Macca, Kerr, Woods if not a several of this years NSW Cup / Flegg teams?
Good point. Kerr has definitely been given his marching orders. Has any on that list been approached by any other clubs or simply delisted. Be good if we could get some coin for some at least. Gossie for instance is a good player and so are Poasa and Ford. At least Ressies standard.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Good point. Kerr has definitely been given his marching orders. Has any on that list been approached by any other clubs or simply delisted. Be good if we could get some coin for some at least. Gossie for instance is a good player and so are Poasa and Ford. At least Ressies standard.
Disagree about Faamausili. The other two are far from the worst players in the top 30 but I guess it's better to bring in young players who might be more than fringe first graders in the near future.

Coric and Shereb are almost certain to be in the top 30 next year and then there will also be players on development contracts.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
  • Macca
  • Bird
  • McGuire
Broncos not only didn't want but paid the Dragons to take them.... Then we have Mbye in the same boat but with another team going great.

1 or 2 such players in a team isn't bad but 4!!! Ridiculous.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
  • Macca
  • Bird
  • McGuire
Broncos not only didn't want but paid the Dragons to take them.... Then we have Mbye in the same boat but with another team going great.

1 or 2 such players in a team isn't bad but 4!!! Ridiculous.
And to put the icing on the cake Mbye was unbelievably on $900k to which we had to pay half. For a utility player seriously?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Bloody awful game and Sloan that is why he won't be playing fullback that was a terrible attempt at a one on one tackle