RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Who do you think is going to make the finals, who is in the GF and who wins?
  1. Penrith
  2. Brisbane
  3. Melbourne
  4. New Zealand
  5. Cowboys
  6. Newcastle
  7. Souffs
  8. Shonkies🐽
  • GF - Penrith v Melbourne
  • Winner - Melbourne

Eric

Staff
  1. Penrith
  2. Brisbane
  3. Melbourne
  4. New Zealand
  5. Cowboys
  6. Newcastle
  7. Souffs
  8. Shonkies🐽
  • Winner - Melbourne
I'm going to go left-field.
GF: Melbourne vs Brisbane, winner = Melbourne

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
  1. Penrith
  2. Brisbane
  3. Melbourne
  4. New Zealand
  5. Cowboys
  6. Newcastle
  7. Souffs
  8. Shonkies🐽
  • Winner - Melbourne
Penrith vs Melbourne
Penrith wins.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
The top 4 is certain to be:
  • Penrith
  • Melbourne
  • NZ
  • Brisbane
Of those of course I hope NZ does well. Followed by Penrith. Really no preference with the other 2.

Then it seems 8th place will be between
  • Roosters
  • Souths
  • North QLD
Anyone guess which side I'd prefer to get that last spot?

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Go the Cowboys ......... They will ride the Broncos ........
Right now I just hope they have a rooster or rabbit stew.
Hopefully ride them out of town but I guess the bottom 4 teams are just making up the numbers.
If Cowboys make it, I think they have the talent to trouble the top teams.

Remember a few years ago they needed to win the last round and rely on Mary's Dragons to lose to a team not in semi final contention? Of course we lost and they made the GF.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Right now I just hope they have a rooster or rabbit stew.

If Cowboys make it, I think they have the talent to trouble the top teams.

Remember a few years ago they needed to win the last round and rely on Mary's Dragons to lose to a team not in semi final contention? Of course we lost and they made the GF.
I remember it mostly for Mary angrily hurling his pen to the floor after fulltime.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I remember it mostly for Mary angrily hurling his pen to the floor after fulltime.
I remember that too. TBH I was expecting them to lose that game. I might be wrong but I think it might have been vs North QLD. They needed to win and results to go their way and we just needed to win.

We have a proper coach coming in now. Just one more game. And I also have a high opinion of that coaches assistants (Carr and Deano). I think the non-stop bloopers of the last decade are coming to an end.

Eric

Staff

NRL FINALS DRAW - WEEK 1

Qualifying Final (2nd vs 3rd):Brisbane Broncos vs Melbourne Storm at Suncorp Stadium

Date/Time: Friday, 7:50pm

Qualifying Final (1st vs 4th): Penrith Panthers vs New Zealand Warriors at BlueBet Stadium

Date/Time: Saturday, 4pm

Elimination Final (6th vs 7th): Cronulla Sharks vs Sydney Roosters at Shark Park.

Date/Time: Saturday, 7:50pm

Elimination Final (5th vs 8th): Newcastle Knights vs Canberra Raiders at McDonald Jones Stadium

Date/Time: Sunday, 4pm

Small mercies. Either the Rorters or the Shonkies are going out in week 1. I honestly think, probably for the first time, I'll be cheering for the Rorters.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

NRL FINALS DRAW - WEEK 1

Qualifying Final (2nd vs 3rd):Brisbane Broncos vs Melbourne Storm at Suncorp Stadium

Qualifying Final (1st vs 4th): Penrith Panthers vs New Zealand Warriors at BlueBet Stadium

Elimination Final (6th vs 7th): Cronulla Sharks vs Sydney Roosters at Shark Park.

Elimination Final (5th vs 8th): Newcastle Knights vs Canberra Raiders at McDonald Jones Stadium

Small mercies. Either the Rorters or the Shonkies are going out in week 1. I honestly think, probably for the first time, I'll be cheering for the Rorters.
One way to look at it. Another is that either the Rorters or Shonkies will go through to week 2.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
It's good when Souths, Dogs and Tigers get all the bad publicity but I hope Flanno is already working on big changes for next year.
These are the most pressing issues.
  1. Zac Lomax is too slow to be a good fullback. So rule out him playing fullback.
  2. Amone only passes 5~10m before the defence or runs.
  3. Sloan is too soft for the NRL. Won't even remotely put his body on the line.
  4. Ben Hunt has already clocked out. Can Flanno drag him back?
  5. Not enough go forward from the front rowers but hopefully the Couchman's will fix that. Those 2 and Lawrie. Need one more good front rower.
  6. The well noted issues with Rava and Feagai coming in from the sideline some metres more than they should.
  7. Slow backline. Suli is more suited to the backrow. Rava might be better in the forwards as well. Feagai already has one foot in the NSW Cup side.
  8. Instill defensive commitment. Defence is an attitude more than anything else.
So a lot for Flanno to fix.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
It's good when Souths, Dogs and Tigers get all the bad publicity but I hope Flanno is already working on big changes for next year.
These are the most pressing issues.
  1. Zac Lomax is too slow to be a good fullback. So rule out him playing fullback.
  2. Amone only passes 5~10m before the defence or runs.
  3. Sloan is too soft for the NRL. Won't even remotely put his body on the line.
  4. Ben Hunt has already clocked out. Can Flanno drag him back?
  5. Not enough go forward from the front rowers but hopefully the Couchman's will fix that. Those 2 and Lawrie. Need one more good front rower.
  6. The well noted issues with Rava and Feagai coming in from the sideline some metres more than they should.
  7. Slow backline. Suli is more suited to the backrow. Rava might be better in the forwards as well. Feagai already has one foot in the NSW Cup side.
  8. Instill defensive commitment. Defence is an attitude more than anything else.
So a lot for Flanno to fix.
Good list.
  1. Can't be fixed.
  2. Not sure. I think one either has playmaking ability or doesn't. Can't be taught.
  3. Can be fixed.
  4. Not sure. Maybe he is just old and his best is behind him.
  5. 3 good props is enough. 3 good ones and one who is just ok.
  6. If they weren't so slow, they'd be able to make a lot of those tackles.
  7. Suli has to be in the forwards or at another club.
  8. Can be fixed.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Good list.
  1. Can't be fixed.
  2. Not sure. I think one either has playmaking ability or doesn't. Can't be taught.
  3. Can be fixed.
  4. Not sure. Maybe he is just old and his best is behind him.
  5. 3 good props is enough. 3 good ones and one who is just ok.
  6. If they weren't so slow, they'd be able to make a lot of those tackles.
  7. Suli has to be in the forwards or at another club.
  8. Can be fixed.
#5: Lawrie, Couchman x 2, Coric.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

NRL FINALS DRAW - WEEK 1

Brisbane
Panthers
Sharks
Newcastle