LOMAX - ORIGIN

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Last night was one of the toughest origin matches I have witnessed since the 80s. Lomax, well what can you say about him. It's amazing what an attitude adjustment can do for some players. The mark of any good player is that he continues to improve his skills. The flick passes to the touch judges has disappeared and his kicks have improve immensely. That kick from the sideline to even it up in such an important game epitomises what a pressure kick is. He is going to be a big loss for us next season. His combination with Moses and his pin point kicks near the opposition tryline is going to reap the Eels many tries.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Last night was one of the toughest origin matches I have witnessed since the 80s. Lomax, well what can you say about him. It's amazing what an attitude adjustment can do for some players. The mark of any good player is that he continues to improve his skills. The flick passes to the touch judges has disappeared and his kicks have improve immensely. That kick from the sideline to even it up in such an important game epitomises what a pressure kick is. He is going to be a big loss for us next season. His combination with Moses and his pin point kicks near the opposition tryline is going to reap the Eels many tries.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Should've been man of the series.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
The Lang Park fortress has fallen with the Blues set to dominate the end of season Kangaroo squad, pending injury. I wont post this is the Kangaroo thread but leave it here in the Lomax thread as a tribute to Zac who must be a hot shot for the squad.

My Kangaroo Squad:
Edwards
To'o
Best
Crichton
Lomax/Cobbo
Moses/Dearden
Moses/Cleary (if fit)
Carrigan
Grant
Haas
Su'a
Crichton
Murray
Ponga
Lenui
J Turbo/Collins.
Yeo/Nanai/Martin ( one of the three)

Love Jack to be there but we all know he wont. Who was the big Polynesian the Blues played in the second game?

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
The Lang Park fortress has fallen with the Blues set to dominate the end of season Kangaroo squad, pending injury. I wont post this is the Kangaroo thread but leave it here in the Lomax thread as a tribute to Zac who must be a hot shot for the squad.

My Kangaroo Squad:
Edwards
To'o
Best
Edwards
To'o
Best
Crichton
Lomax/Cobbo
Dearden/Moses
Moses/Cleary (if fit)
Carrigan
Grant
Haas
Nanai/Martin
Crichton
Murray
Ponga
Lenui
Yeo
J Turbo/Collins

Who was the big Polynesian the Blues played in the second game?
Lomax for Best and J Turbo no way. Reputation got him into the NSW team.

Eric

Staff

My Kangaroo Squad:
Edwards
To'o
Best
Crichton
Lomax/Cobbo
Moses/Dearden
Moses/Cleary (if fit)
Carrigan
Grant
Haas
Su'a
Crichton
Murray
Ponga
Lenui
J Turbo/Collins.

Love Jack to be there but we all know he wont. Who was the big Polynesian the Blues played in the second game?
I don't know about the squad but the 17 I'd go with:
  1. Walsh
  2. To'o
  3. Mitchell (if available, otherwise Holmes)
  4. Crighton
  5. Lomax
  6. Luai
  7. Cleary
  8. Collins
  9. Grant
  10. Haas
  11. Crighton
  12. Nanai
  13. Murray

14. Hunt (for utility value rather than Robson or Korasau who can only play hooker)
  15. Carrigan
  16. Martin
  17. Cotter

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
I've been perplexed by Lomax kicking 2/2 from the sidelines, bending the ball both ways... ive never seen him do that on purpose before.. normally its like he has no control over how far that ball will swing.. its always held him back imo over guys who kick it straight.

My question.. did he get lucky, or did he do it on purpose? The left side one in particular where it swung right.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Kangaroo Squad:

1. Edwards
2. To'o
3. Mitchell/ Best
4. Crichton
5. Lomax
6. Lui
7. Cleary
8. Carrigan
9. Grant
10. Haas
11. Yeo
12. Crichton
13. Murray
14. Martin
15. Lenui
16. Collins.
17. Walsh/ Ponga

Last edited:

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Kangaroo Squad:

1. Edwards
2. To'o
3. Best
4. Crichton
5. Lomax
6. Lui
7. Cleary
8. Carrigan
9. Grant
10. Haas
11. Yeo
12. Crichton
13. Murray
14. Martin
15. Lenui
16. Collins.
17. Walsh/ Ponga
They will pick more QLD players,no matter what.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

My Kangaroo Squad:
Edwards
To'o
Best
Crichton
Lomax/Cobbo
Moses/Dearden
Moses/Cleary (if fit)
Carrigan
Grant
Haas
Su'a
Crichton
Murray
Ponga
Lenui
J Turbo/Collins.

Moses is out until next season so in my opinion they will go with the Panthers combination in my view

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
I've been perplexed by Lomax kicking 2/2 from the sidelines, bending the ball both ways... ive never seen him do that on purpose before.. normally its like he has no control over how far that ball will swing.. its always held him back imo over guys who kick it straight.

My question.. did he get lucky, or did he do it on purpose? The left side one in particular where it swung right.
Ok apparently he mentioned after the game it was an accident.. honestly I am pleased for Zac and NSW, but that could have gone so differently.. his strike-rate from the sideline is pretty average.. still cant believe they risked that penalty kick.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Bad attitude...

Zac is first to training and stay for hours after training practising his kicking.
He has been the fittest at the club for a long time and one of the strongest.
He is always looking at ways to improve himself and gives 100% all the time.
If we lose he is upset angry and unapproachable.
I've never heard a team mate say a bad word about him, if there are ones maybe it's them with the wrong attitude.

Off field as mention he always returns to Temora when he can to run water for Fg or help out the juniors.

He is the player you will see the most at lower grade games and any pathway players who have met him speaks highly of him amd how helpful he is with his chat.

A few years back he regularly visited 2 kids with terminal illness and was devastated when they died.

He is not leaving because the club stopped him from boxing, he was allowed to box but the club wanted him to get insurance and cost to purse was way too high.

Last one if you think Zac and his manager are dumb enough to sign a contract on less money you must also believe in the tooth fairy.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Bad attitude...

Zac is first to training and stay for hours after training practising his kicking.
I've never heard a team mate say a bad word about him, if there are ones maybe it's them with the wrong attitude.

Off field as mention he always returns to Temora when he can to run water for Fg or help out the juniors.

He is the player you will see the most at lower grade games and any pathway players who have met him speaks highly of him amd how helpful he is with his chat.

A few years back he regularly visited 2 kids with terminal illness and was devastated when they died.

He is not leaving because the club stopped him from boxing, he was allowed to box but the club wanted him to get insurance and cost to purse was way too high.

Last one if you think Zac and his manager are dumb enough to sign a contract on less money you must also believe in the tooth fairy.
I said last year if I was still coaching and a player of Zac's passion was in my team I would have no hesitation in handing him the captaincy.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
J Turbo no way.
Only added him due to being given the captaincy for the Blues. I'd love Zac in the centre, but Best is a special talent in my view and has to be in the starting side. Watched him and Stephen Crichton in a 2017 Junior Kangaroos side, think it was and both showed enormous natural talent even then.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup

💯 Quite a guy is Zac.

Last edited:

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Only added him due to being given the captaincy for the Blues. I'd love Zac in the centre, but Best is a special talent in my view and has to be in the starting side. Watched him and Stephen Crichton in a 2017 Junior Kangaroos side, think it was and both showed enormous natural talent even then.
I wouldn't be leaving out Mitchell

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I picked up a lot of the above Zac attributes at the celebration coverage of his 100th game. Hoping he will return to us one day.

Last edited: