Movies and TV

Eric

Staff
Anyone watched any good movies recently?

Last night I watched, "Where the Crawdads Sing". One might wonder why as the critics gave it terrible reviews. Well, the answer is that I read the book a few years ago and it was a really good book.

I really can't understand why the critics have given it such bad ratings. It follows the book very closely except the movie leaves how the guy actually died a mystery. Was it murder or an accident? If murder, who did it? If accident, why was he there at all? The book reveals that information but the movie doesn't.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup

Last night I watched, "Where the Crawdads Sing". One might wonder why as the critics gave it terrible reviews. Well, the answer is that I read the book a few years ago and it was a really good book.

I really can't understand why the critics have given it such bad ratings. It follows the book very closely except the movie leaves how the guy actually died a mystery. Was it murder or an accident? If murder, who did it? If accident, why was he there at all? The book reveals that information but the movie doesn't.
I watched Top Gun recently. Completely lame. Someone, or two of 3 of the main characters had to die. But no. It should be a Disney movie. The original Top Gun was way better.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Anyone else been watching "House of the Dragon"? Not bad but the last season of GoT was so bad, I think it'll take a while to become very popular.

Eric

Staff
Anyone else been watching "House of the Dragon"? Not bad but the last season of GoT was so bad, I think it'll take a while to become very popular.
GoT took about half the first season to get interesting. In time "House of the Dragon" will as well. And these books have been finished while the last 2 seasons of GoT were made up by morons without books to guide them.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup

Eric Eric thanks for taking up my suggestion of starting the Dragons Lair Club. Hope it takes off during the footy off season. I will be on here as often as possible despite it now being the cricket season. Guys we can also chat here about anything and everything, play quizzes/games whatever takes your fancy. A good way to get to better know each other on this small but friendly forum.

Last edited:

Eric

Staff
Eric Eric thanks for taking up my suggestion on the Dragons Lair Club. Hope it takes off during the footy off season. I will be on here as often as possible despite now being the start of the cricket season. Guys we can also chat here about anything and everything, play quizzes/games whatever takes your fancy. A good way to get to better know each other on this small but friendly forum.
Thanks for making the suggestion.:)

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I am currently watching Bali 2002 a four part Aussie made mini series about the shocking Bali bombings. Top viewing, recommended.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
We can also throw in the odd movie/tv quizz or trivia.

For instance what movie character said; 'my mother always said life is like a box of chocolates'

Last edited:

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
My favourite movie dialog:

Yuppie stock broker: This is a stock exchange! There is no money you can steal.
Villain: Really? Then why are you people here?

What's the movie?

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Godfather part III?
Good guess but again, no.

Another hint: It's an interesting comparison with The Godfather. Parts 1 and 3 of The Godfather are considered masterpieces. Part 2 is a very good movie but not quite the level of the 1 and 3.

Invert that for this trilogy. Part 2 is considered an all time masterpiece. Part 1 and 3 a little below 2.

The dialog is from part 3.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Good guess but again, no.

Another hint: It's an interesting comparison with The Godfather. Parts 1 and 3 of The Godfather are considered masterpieces. Part 2 is a very good movie but not quite the level of the 1 and 3.

Invert that for this trilogy. Part 2 is considered an all time masterpiece. Part 1 and 3 a little below 2.

The dialog is from part 3.
Another hint please.