TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Watching Cowboys vs Sharks. It struck me how the teams above and below the Dragons on the table have no hesitation at all playing teenagers in the NRL.
I dont subscribe to the anti-kyle thing, but the number of teenages playing well in the NRL now is blowing my time and im always pondering why ours dont seem as ready.. someone like Tamale would be ok now, think hes still 19 and didnt follow a typical pathway so he got an extra year in cup, but a few months ago I wouldnt have been that keen on him.. Couchmans r exceptions, but imo noone in NSW Cup looks that they are clearly too good for reserve grade...Tonga could do a few hitups I guess.. he looks comfortable in his couple of chances.. short minutebench role would be fine.

But the backs man.. I dunno.. I thought Williams would fly thru Flegg but he hasnt really even conquered flegg yet.. but I still reckon a winger has a pretty simple role in a pinch... maybe the depth of our talent levels just arent there yet? Maybe a few more years needed now that we finally seem to have gotten better at generating talent in our younger ones..... but imo we are missing talent at cup level.. we have a lot of older safe bodies... and we are missing guys like Bostock and Schiller and co.. but we couldnt keep em.

Buchanan I think needs more time, he seems rly small at his age.. LKT is getting there, but its amazing how much harder it is for him to make breaks at this level.. he always seem to have such space in SG Ball.. but in reserve grade there is so much less space.. and he seems slower.. hes still a weapon dont get me wrong, but he sort of floats in and out of games... and hes not the same level of weapon.. not yet anyway..

Disclaimer: Not meaning to single anyone out there.. I just cant see any teenagers id be happy to end up in first grade unless we had no other choice.. Tamale excepted but not worth bothering with him anymore.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I dont subscribe to the anti-kyle thing, but the number of teenages playing well in the NRL now is blowing my time and im always pondering why ours dont seem as ready.. someone like Tamale would be ok now, think hes still 19 and didnt follow a typical pathway so he got an extra year in cup, but a few months ago I wouldnt have been that keen on him.. Couchmans r exceptions, but imo noone in NSW Cup looks that they are clearly too good for reserve grade...Tonga could do a few hitups I guess.. he looks comfortable in his couple of chances.. short minutebench role would be fine.

But the backs man.. I dunno.. I thought Williams would fly thru Flegg but he hasnt really even conquered flegg yet.. but I still reckon a winger has a pretty simple role in a pinch... maybe the depth of our talent levels just arent there yet? Maybe a few more years needed now that we finally seem to have gotten better at generating talent in our younger ones..... but imo we are missing talent at cup level.. we have a lot of older safe bodies... and we are missing guys like Bostock and Schiller and co.. but we couldnt keep em.

Buchanan I think needs more time, he seems rly small at his age.. LKT is getting there, but its amazing how much harder it is for him to make breaks at this level.. he always seem to have such space in SG Ball.. but in reserve grade there is so much less space.. and he seems slower.. hes still a weapon dont get me wrong, but he sort of floats in and out of games... and hes not the same level of weapon.. not yet anyway..

Disclaimer: Not meaning to single anyone out there.. I just cant see any teenagers id be happy to end up in first grade unless we had no other choice.. Tamale excepted but not worth bothering with him anymore.
100%. Has nothing to do with Kyle but along with others I wonder how many of the young players in NSW Cup or even Flegg could play much better with a better team around them. Obviously Ryan Couchman but also Egan, both Finau's and Tamale. Possibly LKT.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

I don't see it as anti-Kyle. He is just putting a theory out there. Is it true? Probably not. Flanno is a professional but there is something to be said with every other club giving out multiple NRL debuts but I think so far this year Flanno has only given 26 year-old Jesse Marschke a debut. Is the team playing so well that no changes are called for? News to me.

Ryan Couchman, which wouldn't be a debut, should be in the 17 next week and unless Eisenhuth has a blinder today, Dylan Egan should be given a chance in his place. I would have talked about Tamale and Finau but now one is leaving and one is injured, can't be helped.

Also depending on the fitness of Jesse Marschke or Nu Brown, Kyle should be on notice. I wouldn't throw LKT in just yet. I'd give him a chance in the last 1 or 2 rounds when we are out of finals contention.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Maybe a few more years needed now
Why wait. Blood the most promising guys now like other clubs are doing with theirs. Chances are they skipped a lower grade to be given their chance at the top. Yes they will make mistakes but persevere with them as they will only get better.

Eric

Staff
Was hoping for a Gold Coast victory tonight. I guess this means the top is pretty much locked in barring a huge form turnaround.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Is the guy in the box next to Rickey Stuart the Dragons severely underrated prop from the last GF win, Jarrod Saffy?

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Not that I really care but this is who will this weekend.

QUALIFYING AND ELIMINATION FINALS

First Qualifying Final: [1] Melbourne Storm vs [4] Cronulla Sharks
, Saturday September 14, 4:05pm at AAMI Park: Melbourne

First Elimination Final: [5] North Queensland Cowboys vs [8] Newcastle Knights
. Saturday September 14, 7:50pm at Queensland Country Bank Stadium: NQ

Second Elimination Final: [6] Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs vs [7] Manly Sea Eagles
, Sunday September 15, 4:05pm at Accor Stadium: Manly

Second Qualifying Final: [2] Penrith Panthers vs [3] Sydney Roosters,
Friday September 13, 7:50pm at BlueBet Stadium: Penrith