OUR NEXT HEAD COACH

Eric

Staff
Great question, have tried going to various Dragons websites to work out what the coaching structure is, but can't find anything? Is Ben Woolf still an assistant? Is Matt Elliot still around or did he go last year with Mat Head and Peter Gentle?
I think Elliot is gone. Because Carr and Woolf were the assistant. I also have no idea what Timmins is doing.
I think Elliot was gone even before the great purge at the end of last season.

Reactions: QDF

Eric

Staff

LOMAX DRAGONS’ LONG-TERM FULLBACK?

While Zac Lomax had a brief stint in the No. 1 jersey under Paul McGregor a few years back, he really looked comfortable after taking over from the injured Paul Turner in the Dragons’ comeback against the Raiders.

You’d reckon it would have given Shane Flanagan some food for thought going forward as to who should be the Dragons’ long-term fullback. Everyone knows Tyrell Sloan is a hell of talent with the ball in hand, but his defence remains his biggest issue.

It will also be interesting to see if interim coach Ryan Carr chooses to keep Lomax at fullback even when Sloan is due to return from his calf injury in Thursday week’s potential wooden spoon play-off against the Tigers in Wollongong after the bye.

God knows Lomax is getting paid like one with his current $700,000-a-season salary.

700k is far from exorbitant for a top class goal-kicking centre. I know he hasn't had a good year for form or goal kicking but now Hook is gone, hopefully he is starting to come good again.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

LOMAX DRAGONS’ LONG-TERM FULLBACK?

While Zac Lomax had a brief stint in the No. 1 jersey under Paul McGregor a few years back, he really looked comfortable after taking over from the injured Paul Turner in the Dragons’ comeback against the Raiders.

You’d reckon it would have given Shane Flanagan some food for thought going forward as to who should be the Dragons’ long-term fullback. Everyone knows Tyrell Sloan is a hell of talent with the ball in hand, but his defence remains his biggest issue.

It will also be interesting to see if interim coach Ryan Carr chooses to keep Lomax at fullback even when Sloan is due to return from his calf injury in Thursday week’s potential wooden spoon play-off against the Tigers in Wollongong after the bye.

God knows Lomax is getting paid like one with his current $700,000-a-season salary.

700k is far from exorbitant for a top class goal-kicking centre. I know he hasn't had a good year for form or goal kicking but now Hook is gone, hopefully he is starting to come good again.
And if/when Hunt is sent on his way, Lomax will be our highest paid player.