Politics, Militarism and War

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
RedVHeartbeat RedVHeartbeat
I suggest you do your research before being a critic of my posts here.
I didn't think I was "a critic". Is anything I said false? If so, what?
Personally I loathed MacArthur's scathing remarks of Aussie troops failing to contain the Japanese advancement in PNG.
I have no idea about what he said about Australian troops. I know he is considered a crazed, ultra-authoritarian, war monger by both ends of the political spectrum in USA. I know he was summarily dismissed from his role as a military commander. That's why I'd feel really 🤮 if he was praising Australian forces.
General Thomas Blamey should have been appointed as the commander of an Australian territory that had been invaded by an enemy...not a blow in Yank who lost the Philippines. He was obviously not informed that Australia's first troops in New Guinea were under trained and under armed enlisted men that were thrown into a jungle war against battle and jungle hardened forces. These raw Aussie troops were cruely called 'chockos' because when the battle got hot "they were expected to melt in the sun like chocolate" But the chockos proved themselves to be far better than that by holding their own against overwhelming Japanese forces
No question at all Australia soldiers fought tenaciously.
until our then PM John Curtin demanded that Winston Churchill return our best troops, the battle hardened 7th Division AIF, to defend Australia. Once they arrived the tide of the PNG theatre changed with the Japanese taking very heavy losses. MacArthur acknowledged this with an apology to the Australian Commander General Blamey after the Japanese had been vanquished...
Once again, I'd hope MacArthur had nothing but bad things to say about Australian officers and soldiers.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
RedVHeartbeat RedVHeartbeat

I didn't think I was "a critic". Is anything I said false? If so, what?

I have no idea about what he said about Australian troops. I know he is considered a crazed, ultra-authoritarian, war monger by both ends of the political spectrum in USA. I know he was summarily dismissed from his role as a military commander. That's why I'd feel really 🤮 if he was praising Australian forces.

No question at all Australia soldiers fought tenaciously.

Once again, I'd hope MacArthur had nothing but bad things to say about Australian officers and soldiers.
I just wanted to say this is an outstanding thread name.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
If this story is true it will knock the socks off everyone.
Chinese President Xi Jinping has became one of the top trending topics on Twitter amid unsubstantiated reports he is under house arrest and that China is in the midst of a military coup.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Is the UK economy going to collapse? I've been reading things like this all over the place. This is one of the more optimistic.
If it's not a basket case already, the UK economy is on the cusp of such status: inflation at nearly 10%, a plummeting currency, soaring interest rates, government debt at 100% of GDP, and surging energy prices ahead of winter. But in an apparent bid to ensure the UK's descent to economic chaos is guaranteed, PM Liz Truss and her chancellor Kwasi Kwarteng have embarked on an astonishing display of fiscal recklessness that has severely rattled markets.

This is probably more accurate:

Eric

Staff
Is the UK economy going to collapse? I've been reading things like this all over the place. This is one of the more optimistic.

This is probably more accurate:
This thread is definitely your forte.:cool: I had never read or heard anything about it until I saw this morning the pound already at a record low has shed more than 5% over the last 2 days. My co-worker said, "If this doesn't signal an imminent economic and financial crisis, I don't know what does."

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
This thread is definitely your forte.:cool: I had never read or heard anything about it until I saw this morning the pound already at a record low has shed more than 5% over the last 2 days. My co-worker said, "If this doesn't signal an imminent economic and financial crisis, I don't know what does."
It's the off season(y)

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I thought I'd leave this here. Not sure where else and might get censored if I leave it in a separate thread.

Super League Rocked as icon Adam Walker dies aged 31​

Super League icon Adam Walker has died aged 31 with tributes pouring in for the popular former prop. The star came through the ranks at Huddersfield Giants and then made more than 100 appearances for Hull KR across three years.

He then spent brief stints at St Helens, Wakefield and Salford and featured in both the Challenge Cup final and the Grand Final. Walker earned 14 caps for Scotland between 2012 and 2019, representing his nation at the 2013 World Cup.

Scotland Rugby League operations director Ollie Cruickshank said: “Everyone involved with Scotland Rugby League is saddened to learn of the passing of Adam. “Adam played with pride every time he stepped on the pitch for Scotland and was a member of our 2013 World Cup squad and a part of our 2014 European Championship winning squad.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Anyway, to cut a long story short, he died but no word on how. Was he just another of the 1000s of healthy young people who have dropepd dead from heart attacks over the last 1.5 years? That is very normal these days but only in areas where governments foisted something on the general population.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I thought I'd leave this here. Not sure where else and might get censored if I leave it in a separate thread.

Super League Rocked as icon Adam Walker dies aged 31​

Super League icon Adam Walker has died aged 31 with tributes pouring in for the popular former prop. The star came through the ranks at Huddersfield Giants and then made more than 100 appearances for Hull KR across three years.

He then spent brief stints at St Helens, Wakefield and Salford and featured in both the Challenge Cup final and the Grand Final. Walker earned 14 caps for Scotland between 2012 and 2019, representing his nation at the 2013 World Cup.

Scotland Rugby League operations director Ollie Cruickshank said: “Everyone involved with Scotland Rugby League is saddened to learn of the passing of Adam. “Adam played with pride every time he stepped on the pitch for Scotland and was a member of our 2013 World Cup squad and a part of our 2014 European Championship winning squad.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Anyway, to cut a long story short, he died but no word on how. Was he just another of the 1000s of healthy young people who have dropepd dead from heart attacks over the last 1.5 years? That is very normal these days but only in areas where governments foisted something on the general population.
I know where you are going with this. I think you might be right.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Hows everyone doing? I wasn't sure where to leave this so I'll go with this because of the "politics" part.

I've been out of action since Tuesday lunchtime. Caught Covid. Slept well last night and woke up this morning with the fever gone. Wasn't so bad though Tuesday night in particular wasn't any fun. A little worse than the flu. Luckily I refused to take a certain jab. My co-worker who I almost certainly caught it from has been double jabbed and boosted and had been through 3 days of hell as of last night.

And she is young and in good physical condition. Not overweight at all. In fact, she'd be more attractive with 2~3 extra kgs.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Hows everyone doing? I wasn't sure where to leave this so I'll go with this because of the "politics" part.

I've been out of action since Tuesday lunchtime. Caught Covid. Slept well last night and woke up this morning with the fever gone. Wasn't so bad though Tuesday night in particular wasn't any fun. A little worse than the flu. Luckily I refused to take a certain jab. My co-worker who I almost certainly caught it from has been double jabbed and boosted and had been through 3 days of hell as of last night.

And she is young and in good physical condition. Not overweight at all. In fact, she'd be more attractive with 2~3 extra kgs.
Glad you are feeling better.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
This seems to be pretty common these days.

Eric

Staff

This seems to be pretty common these days.
This topic is impossible to put down. I think it's ok now. Almost no one is still taking the boosters so they have given up censoring anything bad people say about it. But just in case, RedV01 RedV01, please do as you do now without mentioning them specifically.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Australian Sage Avalon O'Donnell eliminated in Bakhmut. I know they are getting paid US$3000.00 a day + bonuses but very few of these merceraries are leaving the Ukraine alive. Sage Avalon O'Donnell is never going to be able to enjoy his high salary.

Eric

Staff
Australian Sage Avalon O'Donnell eliminated in Bakhmut. I know they are getting paid US$3000.00 a day + bonuses but very few of these merceraries are leaving the Ukraine alive. Sage Avalon O'Donnell is never going to be able to enjoy his high salary.
US$3000.00 a day??!! Who's paying for that?

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I hate to bring this up again but it's important, very important. It's the off season after all. I'm not mentioning anything in particular as the cause for all these heart attacks. It's just I just saw this:

Lisa Marie Presley has dies in hospital aged 54​

The daughter of Elvis Presley has died in hospital after earlier suffering a cardiac arrest at her California home.​

Lisa Marie Presley, the daughter of rock legend Elvis Presley, has died after suffering a cardiac arrest. The 54-year-old was found by her ex-husband Danny Keough and her housekeeper after she collapsed at her home in Calabasas, California.

Keough performed CPR until paramedics arrived and were able to get a pulse on the singer-songwriter and she was transported to West Hills hospital and placed in a medically-induced coma.

Her mum, Priscilla Presley, 77, made the mercy dash to be by her daughter’s side at the hospital, before confirming the tragic news. “It is with a heavy heart that I must share the devastating news that my beautiful daughter Lisa Marie has left us,” Priscilla confirmed in a statement.
View attachment 227
I wonder if Jo Dragon was/is an Elvis fan:confused: