Recruitment and Retention for 2023

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
but I'd prefer the club signed Fifita.
Why. Have heard he tends to be lazy, goes missing at stages, not heard that about Tino.Their stats are similar with Tino just edging our Fifita in most. We need to call the Bullgrubs bluff and offer a swap deal with Hunt, match their salary and seal the deal by bringing Tinos brother here on a DC or Top 30.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Why. Have heard he tends to be lazy, goes missing at stages, not heard that about Tino.Their stats are similar with Tino just edging our Fifita in most. We need to just top the Bullgrubs money wise and get Tinos brother here on a DC or Top 30.
I think his form hss been good this year. Just Couchman :x 2 and Coric mean we won't need any expensive imported props.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
The NRL is poised to step in to stop Phil Gould and his Canterbury Bulldogs from signing Gold Coast Titans skipper Tino Faโ€™asuamaleaui with the enticement of shares in a pub

Back to the old drawing board you Bullgrubs..

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Why? A position the club is really short in and playing in the middle appears to be where they are best.
Can we make that assumption when we have not seen them on the edge as yet. Do we even know what he and Ryan weigh as our useless website does not say.They look built more like back rowers than props to me.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Can we make that assumption when we have not seen them on the edge as yet. Do we even know what he and Ryan weigh as our useless website does not say.They look built more like back rowers than props to me.
I think they were both tried in the middle and on the edge in the lower grades. It was decided they are better in the middle. IMO the way they play is similar to JDB. Even though they excelled wherever they played in the lower grades, they always seemed to me to more naturally suited the middle.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
A position the club is really short in
Musgrove, Coric, Tino, Thompson?, Viliami Fifita, juniors Webster, Johnson.

Who are our current edge men, BMM, Su'a, Burns. Scrub BMM while Burns, Sua could easily play in the middle. Suddenly no edgies. Come in Couchman brothers. Suli is another possibility.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I think they were both tried in the middle and on the edge in the lower grades. It was decided they are better in the middle.
As we rarely ever see lower grades that may be only speculation. I'd like to see Flanno give them, or at the least Toby a run on the edge as Carr has not, but he is playing Toby in the back row is he not. Ryan has been at lock in Ressies.

Eric

Staff
I think they were both tried in the middle and on the edge in the lower grades. It was decided they are better in the middle. IMO the way they play is similar to JDB. Even though they excelled wherever they played in the lower grades, they always seemed to me to more naturally suited the middle.
The way players other than middle forwards generally get all the accolades is my pet hate. You ask jodragon40 jodragon40, the middle forwards are the foundation on which the rest of the team can build.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Musgrove, Coric, Tino?, Viliami Fifita, juniors Webster, Johnson.

Who are our current edge men, BMM, Su'a, Burns. Scrub BMM while Burns, Sua could easily play in the middle. Suddenly no edgies. Come in Couchman brothers. Suli is another possibility.
Tino? Jumping the gun a little. Musgrove, I agree he should have been in first grade more but he's hardly killing it. The rest are a mystery. Will they ever make it in first grade? I hope so but the Couchmans appear to be a sure thing.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
As we rarely ever see lower grades that may be only speculation. I'd like to see Flanno give them, or at the least Toby a run on the edge as Carr has not, but he is playing them in the back row not front row, Reckon Flanno will do the same.
Not against it but it really seems to me, their games are suited to playing in the middle. I don't think they'd be anywhere near as good on a edge. But I certainly support giving it a try and some point over the next 7 games. Problem is, I think Carr wants to get wins, not try out new things with an eye to the future. It might require Flanno calling him and telling him what's what if he wants to retain a position at the club next year.

Eric

Staff
Musgrove, Coric, Tino, Thompson?, Viliami Fifita, juniors Webster, Johnson.

Edge backrowers are shaping up as a real problem unless someone is brought in from the outside. Like Fifita for example(y). I like the idea of Suli being retrained to play in the backrow. He plays a backrowers game now just without all the tackling. Gets the ball, rarely passes and runs hard. If he has or can gain the stamina to tackle much more, I think he'll make a much better backrower. Just my views.

QDF

SGI Jersey Flegg

WHY WOULD BULLDOGS NOW WANT DRAGONS PLAY-MAKER?

If mail linking St George Illawarraโ€™s Jayden Sullivan to the Bulldogs next season is on the money, Phil Gould might need to have a rethink on the back of what we saw first up of the Toby Sexton/Matt Burton halves partnership.

Sexton was outstanding in his debut for the Dogs, while you could clearly see the immediate impact his arrival had on Burton. Gould only said last week the Dogs had to be very careful how they spend their salary cap so they donโ€™t fall into the same trap that has haunted them in the past.

It makes little sense signing Sexton for two years and then bringing Sullivan to the club, unless of course Sullivan is happy continuing his NRL career playing mostly off the bench.
Bud is going nowhere.
Flanno won't let him go.
So Hunt is leaving & Bud wants out just when the #7 becomes available.
I don't think so Tim ! ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…

QDF

SGI Jersey Flegg
Not against it but it really seems to me, their games are suited to playing in the middle. I don't think they'd be anywhere near as good on a edge. But I certainly support giving it a try and some point over the next 7 games. Problem is, I think Carr wants to get wins, not try out new things with an eye to the future. It might require Flanno calling him and telling him what's what if he wants to retain a position at the club next year.
Yes, snap out of it Carr.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Bud is going nowhere.
Flanno won't let him go.
So Hunt is leaving & Bud wants out just when the #7 becomes available.
I don't think so Tim ! ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…
I've been a fan of Buds for a while but it seems to me, he's a better running 5/8 than the organising half we need. I think it's a shootout between Junior and Bud for the 5/8 spot.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Yes he could be. Don't worry Flanno will sort it out.๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ†
There is something everyone is overlooking as far as Amone goes. He had the charges downgraded so he was no longer over the (criminal) "no fault stand-down" limit but he's still facing serious criminal charges which will likely see him jailed for around a year if found guilty.