Recruitment and Retention for 2025

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Ofahiki Ogden or Makahesi Makatoa. Both played roughly same amount of games; 52 & 42. But both different types of Props. Ogden is more of a hard running, barging front-rower while Makatoa is a worker. Makatoa has only started in 2 of his 42 games, BA sees him as a bench forward that stablises the middle, while Ogden can start. Makatoa averages 93 metres per game with 93% tackle effeciency, while Ogden averages 131 metres with 94% tackle effeciency. Stats lean in Ogden's favour, even with less minutes and games overall.

26 plays 31. Go for the younger man. Ogden with the better stats too. Neither big boppers, at 106k tho.. but hey another reject or is this because of Eels salary cap constraint, in which case I say take him if no one else.
Do not be surprised if we are looking at a ESL Prop forward, thinking outside the box because quite frankly with very little local talent available in the bookend position

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Ditto. Not really fussed either way but one thing it would do, fix the lack of speed the club has had for a long time. If Sloan keeps his spot, Val in the centres JAC on the wing. I remember the last time we won a finals game. Against the Broncos. David Fifita made a break and comfortably outran our winger to score. Say good bye to that state of affairs. Would also be good timing if we could get him for 2 years. Allow blokes like Williams and Kirk, Rumble plenty of time to do an apprenticeship in NSW Cup.

So not really fussed on JAC due to his ability and form but I think for other reasons he'd be a good signing.
In my view based on my personal experience you cannot invite any player no matter how good into your club who quite simply doesn't bring any morale positivity to your club culture. It's a big NO from me.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Ofahiki Ogden or Makahesi Makatoa. Both played roughly same amount of games; 52 & 42. But both different types of Props. Ogden is more of a hard running, barging front-rower while Makatoa is a worker. Makatoa has only started in 2 of his 42 games, BA sees him as a bench forward that stablises the middle, while Ogden can start. Makatoa averages 93 metres per game with 93% tackle effeciency, while Ogden averages 131 metres with 94% tackle effeciency. Stats lean in Ogden's favour, even with less minutes and games overall.

26 plays 31. Go for the younger man. Ogden with the better stats too. Neither big boppers, at 106k tho.. but hey another reject or is this because of Eels salary cap constraint, in which case I say take him if no one else.
If the club wants either, I don't understand why it wouldn't resign Alec T.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
In my view based on my personal experience you cannot invite any player no matter how good into your club who quite simply doesn't bring any morale positivity to your club culture. It's a big NO from me.
He made a mistake. Hopefully learn from it and bring the right attitude.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
He made a mistake. Hopefully learn from it and bring the right attitude.
There has been giant strides in my personal opinion since Flanagan arrived to change our club and team culture and our discipline issues this is to make us competitive again. Now the CEO is gone, things are looking much brighter. I don't believe that the new powers to be will even speak to JAC .

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
What happens on mad Monday and end of season trips ?

Just don’t get busted !

if Rava does not move on could he move into the pack ?
I had a sign outside my very small office door back in the day. The standard you walk past and ignore is the standard you accept.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
If you injected every NRL with a truth serum, how many would come up squeaky clean ?
I understand what you are saying, what I am saying is don't add to the smouldering ashes to fire and accept bad behaviour and culture. You have to draw that line in the sand not open the door allow them inside. We appear to be moving in the right direction after the last 10 yrs of accepting mediocrity

Eric

Staff
Confirmation of Webb's sacking is out there, nothing confirming Haran just yet, but seems like its next:
Happy he's gone or is going but I think he has done an ok job. Considering his job wasn't to do with the team but with finances and sponsorship.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
There has been giant strides in my personal opinion since Flanagan arrived to change our club and team culture and our discipline issues this is to make us competitive again. Now the CEO is gone, things are looking much brighter. I don't believe that the new powers to be will even speak to JAC .

Signed
Val Holmes
Luciano Leilua
Re signed
Frank Molo

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Also re-signed Su'a & JDB.

I'll be surprised if we get someone decent from the UK that other clubs havent already cherry-picked.. but im open to anything at this point, and definitely be open to a pleasant surprise =)